clay neubauer

Vintage Ads

That is the same as the 650 catalog. I wonder if they airbrushed the 600 catalog to get the 650 catalog. And yes the price of some of these brochures is getting expensive today. I wonder what my 4300 brochure would be worth today. I haven't seen one advertised on ebay so I don't know. Anyway I do not intend on selling any of them. That will be a job for my son when I pass on. I am still looking for a Super W-4 catalog. I had one when I was 7 years old but my sister got hold of it one time and she ripped it up on me because I wouldn't play with her. Such is life.   

1 hour ago, redturbo said:

Hey George,  found this IH 600 ad today.  Just about brought it,  but once I flipped it over & saw the price.  $325 in US dollars!!!.  So I took a picture instead.  Guess seller I was going to pay for hotel bill in dyersville ia,  haha.  

IMG_1114.JPG

My great grandpa bought one of those 1957.  Cost was $6,600 and they gave him $3,600 for the WD-9 he traded in.  Two years later that 600 turned into a JD 830. 

Picked up toy show,  great shape for 1936.

IMG_1118.JPG

Seller wanted $110,  corner was ripped.  So just took picture,  he would come down 10 bucks.  I put it back into the pile.

IMG_1115.JPG

On 11/5/2017 at 6:55 PM, redturbo said:

Seller wanted $110,  corner was ripped.  So just took picture,  he would come down 10 bucks.  I put it back into the pile.

Really nice but I can't see myself ever paying that much for a brochure. Wish I'd known years ago how much they would be worth eventually. I'd have picked up all the free stuff I could. 

Here is something I do have. Likely not worth much but still interesting. Remember the Ford "unibody" pickup trucks? This one from  1961. 

61 Ford trucks.jpg

All Purpose Gardenaid Tractors ad.jpg

This Bolens-Huski reminds me a bit of the Gardenaid ad that U.C. posted above. This one is from 1948. Quite the little two wheeled tractor but, judging by the size of that engine I'd bet less than ten horsepower. 

48 Bolens Huski.jpg

From  1951, an advertising magazine I have. Its all Allis Chalmers obviously. Interesting to see a bit of history in the background as they work on building a dike to hold back the flood waters of the  Missouri near Omaha , Nebraska. 

51 AC Reporter.jpg

-5F here this morning. Hopefully everybody has their Marvelube 5W oil in their engines ready for this cold. I don't recall my dad ever using anything lighter than a #10 in the tractor and car. But I do remember sometimes they would not start either. It got a lot lower than -5F as well.  This ad from 1953. 

53 ESSO 5W.jpg

On 8/30/2017 at 9:08 AM, Owen Aaland said:

McCormick-Deering_T-6_engine_1940.jpg

what is that rod, lever attached to the oil pan on the "M" engine , just below the mag . is this a track tractor engine, it appears to have early features .

Thought I better ad a few pictures from the collection . I have enjoyed all the pictures so far.a few more to come later. All the brochures were from dealer close out in 86.

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

On 11/4/2017 at 8:03 PM, George 2 said:

That is the same as the 650 catalog. I wonder if they airbrushed the 600 catalog to get the 650 catalog. And yes the price of some of these brochures is getting expensive today. I wonder what my 4300 brochure would be worth today. I haven't seen one advertised on ebay so I don't know. Anyway I do not intend on selling any of them. That will be a job for my son when I pass on. I am still looking for a Super W-4 catalog. I had one when I was 7 years old but my sister got hold of it one time and she ripped it up on me because I wouldn't play with her. Such is life.   

A 4300 brochure has been on ebay for some time now, at $150, no takers.  BK

Do you know about the first Axial Flow combine harvester brochure?
Or the first press articles.