clay neubauer

Vintage Ads

I don't know if many of you south of the border are familiar with swathers (or windrowers) but up here, back when this 210 IH was new, everybody owned either some brand of self propelled like the 210 or else the pull type model 75 to swath their grain. A neighbour had a new 210 and was well satisfied with it. The pull type model 75 was pretty much identical to my Massey 35 and the John Deere 580. White also sold their own version. Very nice swather to operate and laid a nice swath that stood up well to rain and easy to pick up.

post-90-0-62707100-1327293118_thumb.jpg

I have my scanner set to a high resolution but not too high. I'm saving them as a .jpg format and uploading them to photobucket.com and linking them.

Good stuff! Can't wait to get home tonight so i can post some of mine!

Lets not forget the IH pickups from 1973.

post-90-0-28423800-1327330742_thumb.jpg

Clay, that is cool! I have nearly every popular mechanics since they started up until 93..............I'll have to start going through and finding vehicle adds. Some of them are interesting.

Super 70 series ad... I think this was from October 1984.

IH Canada at that....I have two of these, one I had up as a poster years ago (it's fold out 3 page ad) and one in mint condition I painstakingly went through MANY old stacks of farm magazines to find....

post-750-0-20129200-1327371340_thumb.jpg

post-750-0-28470600-1327371356_thumb.jpg

post-750-0-72254200-1327371386_thumb.jpg

Some white cab era 66s.

I've got a lineup similar to that one only in 1/64 scale on the shelf.

Here is a less common IH, at least around here. The Hydro 186 would have been ideally suited to pull the 914 combine.

post-90-0-76425700-1327371689_thumb.jpg

Clay, that is cool! I have nearly every popular mechanics since they started up until 93..............I'll have to start going through and finding vehicle adds. Some of them are interesting.

I buy old Popular Science magazines from the 40's and 50's, back when they didn't insult your intelligence with stupid articles and did NOT cater to your typical citidot. Also, EVERY advertisement was from an AMERICAN company.

I buy old Popular Science magazines from the 40's and 50's, back when they didn't insult your intelligence with stupid articles and did NOT cater to your typical citidot. Also, EVERY advertisement was from an AMERICAN company.

Yes, I have them from the 30's(Maybe even the late 20's) on up...............Cleaned out a house and they were in the attic. Really neat articals and adds.

Yes, I have them from the 30's(Maybe even the late 20's) on up...............Cleaned out a house and they were in the attic. Really neat articals and adds.

I was lucky to buy up a box full of Popular Science and Mechanics from the 1950s at a farm auction , years ago when they were cheap. You know a lot of those old magazines are viewable on google too,

This ad for the KB series IH trucks in 1948 is one of my favourite from the Canadian Farm Implements magazine.

47KBtruckad-vi.jpg

Some white cab era 66s.

I remember that ad. Dad hadn't bought the 7 yet, but I was gettin' pretty anxious to run one of those big red tractors.

That white-cabbed 7 in the picture would be pretty darn rare, I'd think.

Those IH trucks in the ad are really sharp looking. Even the old S.

I like this Travelall ad from the mid sixties. Scanned it from an old Macleans magazine.

post-90-0-36031400-1327442661_thumb.jpg

That's a dressed up Hydro 186. Note the white letter tires and the chrome stack. Eason

The lucky sweepstakes winner at this red power test drive would win six months or 300 hours use of a new 5088 tractor back in 1982.

post-90-0-31886200-1327462585_thumb.jpg

I hope nobody minds me posting this "off colour" ad from the early sixties. Allis Chalmers used to have some nice art work on their ads in the Country Guide back then.

I can still recall the flat cars unhitched on the siding by the train station in town. Earth fill ramp beside it to drive the tractors and other machinery off for the short drive across to the dealer's lot in town.

2250890190032927439S600x600Q85.jpg

Love these, keep them coming!