Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ihred

Did any 915 combines come with a mudhog type axle?

6 posts in this topic

I saw this machine for sale as 4x4 and the pics are not very good but you can tell by the hub it's not the normal axle. Might try to get him to my price range if it is a factory option, first one I ever saw.

I could be wrong but I think on the 15 series combines they were all just aftermarket rear wheel drives like Mudhog put on by the dealers but someone else might know different I will be curious to hear input

no ,I don't think they were a factory option till the 1660 series. First one we had was on a 1460 gilcrest brand

Aftermarket. Not listed in any of the parts books for the 815/915.

Quite a few 815, 915 combines and 622 cotton pickers were equipped with Mud Hogs but these were all field installations of the Mud Hog or possably other brand drives There was no factory option on these series.

Harold H

I remember when I was about 10 or 11 seeing one of the 1st 815s at Kenny imp in Monticello It had a 4wd unit of some sort on it. The combine was new and had a v8 gas

engine in it.They rented it out and done custom work with it for several years before it caught on fire and burnt.I dont know if it was a mud hog or some sort of factory unit.I remember the owner telling my

dad that it was something new.