Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ozfarm

782 problems

7 posts in this topic

sold a 782 out of the batch that came in from the USA, did predelivery on it, new points,new plugs, filter, kit thru carby etc, ran, mowed, despatched to buyer

is know deciding to stop every now and again, if it stops, it wont start , after a while, it will start

have replaced coil , getting ready to send over a new condensor

any ideas :blink:

sold a 782 out of the batch that came in from the USA, did predelivery on it, new points,new plugs, filter, kit thru carby etc, ran, mowed, despatched to buyer

is know deciding to stop every now and again, if it stops, it wont start , after a while, it will start

have replaced coil , getting ready to send over a new condensor

any ideas :blink:

I'd check the run circuit through the key right after it fails.I'd bet some type of heat induced break to the circuit.

Might check for exhaust valve sticking. Some claim a little marvel mystery oil can help prevent it, IH Low Ash oil can help too, if available.

Check fuel tank, gas line , gas filter.. carb blow out again ...Took me 3 tries on my 1811, but finally success! PWR

rainman, have done that

im more inclined to go with exsw suggestion, as we had an issue with no power to coil, plug on wiring harness was the culprit

It also could be in the PTO switch.Also a voltage drop shuts down the PTO first then later the engine mostly associated with a no charge condition.Brake interlock switch,take off the driveline cover to get at it and watch yer fangers.

Check fuel tank, gas line , gas filter.. carb blow out again ...Took me 3 tries on my 1811, but finally success! PWR

My older 782 did exactly the same thing, ran really well for quite a while then it would sputter and quit. Leave it sit for a while and it would start right up. I did points,condenser,plugs, wires etc. None of that helped. Finally I drained the fuel tank, there was a small piece of black rubber hose that apparently blocked off the fuel flow on occasion. Now it runs great..