Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

john r

found in scrap yard

12 posts in this topic

Blower looks quite good .price was right.Wheels are gone and some engine parts.

post-1253-0-36672700-1324525665_thumb.jp

Great find. Amazing what people will throw away.

High scrap prices lead to more things being sold to the yards rather than being fixed.

Is that a 2 stage blower and what does it mount on. I am guessing cub cadets since it is in this section, all the blowers I have seen have been belt drives. You don't see many snow blowers in my neck of the woods though. I wouldn't mind having one to play with every few years when we get more than 2 inches. I am thinking with "climate change" it is cooling and we will be getting more snows in the winter so I might just have to find me a blower for the 149. How about a few more pics of it, looks pretty clean and straight, great save.

It is a walk behind blower.I had a very nice blower for my 149 cc but someone talked me out of it

I guess a walk behind could be a better match for some areas, but it sure cuts into your cub seat time! Is it an IH or did someone just put a sticker on it?

It is IH and two stage .The B & S engine probly died young.

no to bad my grandpa had the push mower and rototiller but didn't want the snowblower we still have the mower but my uncle took the rototiller and i wouldn't count on him having it any more

What color was your walk behind mower? I found a red one but I think most were yellow

Cool find . My old IH mech. friend had one he bought new & still looked like it :wub: .

My co-workers Dad was going to throw away a IH chipper till I got it .

The blower again and something else I got on a road trip yeasterday

post-1253-0-00884800-1324689416_thumb.jp

post-1253-0-87132000-1324689455_thumb.jp

Hmmm, kinda looks like my Gilson i just aquired....

Picked up a new "winter engine" from Princess Auto at 1/2 price.15 hp is a little overkill but the output shaft was a better fit than the smaller one.What size wheel and tires do I need? Likly have to make the 3/4" hubs

post-1253-0-57562700-1325817840_thumb.jp