Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Farmall504#20

1961 Farmall 504 plowing with IH #420 plow

15 posts in this topic

This is my 1961 Farmall 504 pulling the International #420 moldboard plow I restored .

Dang, another great job, I have a soft spot for 504s, that was the first tractor I remember dad having when I was a little guy.

Dang, another great job, I have a soft spot for 504s, that was the first tractor I remember dad having when I was a little guy.

Me too , When I first saw this tractor I just fell in love with it and had to have it . And it turned out to be quite a rare tractor too. I didn't know it at the time but found out the next day that it had an extremely low serial number. But this tractor had every panel on it every emblem in good shape and a recent rebuild on the engine . The T/A is very strong and over all the tractor is in top shape just needs to be restored. But for now I use it a little to disc with .

A great job done by ab experienced plowman

you do a great job by keeping these old workhorse alive

Thanks .. They dont look pretty but Its almost a full time job keeping them all going.

At the beginning of the video I thought, Boy, you don't hardly see anyone do that nice of job with a three point mounted plow, he must have had Bill help him. And sure enough, the middle of the video answered that question! Nice job of plowing to you both!

I can't get over your soil. Is it sand or loam? Is it abrasive? Do you have to deal with rocks? Tree roots?

Were all of these videos from this fall?

At the beginning of the video I thought, Boy, you don't hardly see anyone do that nice of job with a three point mounted plow, he must have had Bill help him. And sure enough, the middle of the video answered that question! Nice job of plowing to you both!

I can't get over your soil. Is it sand or loam? Is it abrasive? Do you have to deal with rocks? Tree roots?

Were all of these videos from this fall?

HaHaHa Yeah thats the Plow Master Bill for you . Truly a plow expert . Yeah its a sandy topsoil mix with a little clay . I dont think its too abrasive. and I didnt see a single rock or tree root. I tell you what if I had a tractor with an endless supply of fuel I believe Id plow all day. I love it .

Is that a 14 inch or 16 in frame plow. About 35 years ago i had a Farmall 504 like yours and a 14 inch model 411 plow and in clay that is all it would pull.

Is that a 14 inch or 16 in frame plow. About 35 years ago i had a Farmall 504 like yours and a 14 inch model 411 plow and in clay that is all it would pull.

It has 16" Bottoms on it . it pulls really great . I hit a few hard clay spots and it most of the time pulled right through it but sometimes Id have to pull back on the T/A and then it went right on through it . Thanks

I'm working on getting some new filming equipment so the videos will turn out a little better. Thanks for watching

MAN those are some level furrows!! ;) I'm on dialup so I didn't watch it all but looks like a tabletop out there.

Looks Great Matt!!!! Eason

MAN those are some level furrows!! ;) I'm on dialup so I didn't watch it all but looks like a tabletop out there.

HaHa Yeah after a little adjusting it was starting to look like it supposed to . Bill sure knows his stuff when it comes to plowing...

Looks Great Matt!!!! Eason

I guess you can just call me Bill Jr. hahahahaha

There aren't enough fields for us to plow in Wilson ... haha