Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrsell

Requested: Two new forums

10 posts in this topic

I'd really like to see a couple of new forums added:

1) For sale/wanted: I'm sure others have asked for this, but I think it would be nice to have a place to post messages of IH items for sale and wanted.

For example, every now and then a Craigslist ad appears for a old IH crawler or special vehicle, and even though I'm not selling the item and have nothing to gain from it's sale, I'd like to be able to sent out a message so that maybe a forum member could take advantage of the sale and save the equipment. I'd also like to be able to post wanted messages for things that probably exist in somebody's junk pile and wouldn't necessarily show up on eBay. Living in Washington, the chances of making an IH show in Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, or other place where this stuff is popular isn't very great.

2) A separate forum for IH/Farmall/McCormick tractors. I find that questions related to tractors (such as hydraulics) get buried within general discussion. My opinion is that it would be nicer for someone like to to keep an eye on the "tractor" forum, knowing that the messages there would be related to tractors and not just "general" in nature.

Thanks!

Matt

What about a forum for implements and machinery?

While on that thought of new forums.... I think the same can apply to "Engines"..... I have always thought it was for stationary engines, instead it is full of tractor, truck and other engines. So tractor and truck guys have to trawl two forums, and stationary engine users have to wade through all the irevelent chaff... Which to be honest I just don't bother... however I did not create the forum and don't know it's intent.

Perhaps a forum name change, or a pined topic of the content intended for the forum would help

How about a place for pictures, would be cool to be able to look at all the vintage pics in one place. Maybe even have them sorted by year, model, and categories etc... Just thinking out loud.

i like the wanted /for sale idea . maybe original ih stuff only!

I'm just the opposite. Too many forums confuse me. I like everything on one page.

x2

i already have to keep track of general IH and coffee shop! let alone checking the other sub-forums.

classified and ads? dream on. it wont happen because of revenue. as said by moderator Farmall Fan.

How about a Charge of a few bucks to put an ad on a forum.

Paypal would work .

Just a thought.

Mike

Paypal would work .

Just a thought.

Mike

That wouldn't help sell magazines. Keep in mind this forum is sponsored by a magazine . The owners must make money and this forum is a courtesy not something they owe us

. The Admin know how they want the board run IMHO and whenever someone has a new idea it just uses more time for the Admin. The more sections the more ppl post in wrong sections and it becomes an Admin nightmare keeping it organized. Photo galleries I have seen on my car forums never get visited

Just speaking from my own experiences so please don't take it personal

just my 2 cents

Paypal would work .

Just a thought.

Mike

That wouldn't help sell magazines. Keep in mind this forum is sponsored by a magazine . The owners must make money and this forum is a courtesy not something they owe us

. The Admin know how they want the board run IMHO and whenever someone has a new idea it just uses more time for the Admin. The more sections the more ppl post in wrong sections and it becomes an Admin nightmare keeping it organized. Photo galleries I have seen on my car forums never get visited

Just speaking from my own experiences so please don't take it personal

just my 2 cents

Could not have said it better myself.

BJ