Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toolerick

660 hi-clearence sprayer

4 posts in this topic

I rencently purchased an IH 660 Hi clearance sprayer at a local auction that a local farmer had used about 5 years ago. He since had discontinued his farming operation and sold his equipment just this year. The sprayer has a c-146 engine that idles great but only gains a few more rpms when the throttle is opened. All linkage seems to be free thinking the govener is stuck. There appears to be an external adjustment on the governer housing. Any suggestions would be greatlt appreaciated as my local dealer cannot find anything concerning this sprayer. I was also wondering when IH manufacter these machines. I was also curious, can a diesel engine be placed in the sprayer and which Ih engine would i need to use. Thanks for all of your help.

The International 660 high clear sprayer was introduced in the late 1960's. It was only available with the gasoline engine. You could probably find some diesel engine that would fit, but, I don't think the swap would be economical fesable.

Harold H

I rencently purchased an IH 660 Hi clearance sprayer at a local auction that a local farmer had used about 5 years ago. He since had discontinued his farming operation and sold his equipment just this year. The sprayer has a c-146 engine that idles great but only gains a few more rpms when the throttle is opened. All linkage seems to be free thinking the govener is stuck. There appears to be an external adjustment on the governer housing. Any suggestions would be greatlt appreaciated as my local dealer cannot find anything concerning this sprayer. I was also wondering when IH manufacter these machines. I was also curious, can a diesel engine be placed in the sprayer and which Ih engine would i need to use. Thanks for all of your help.

I used to have a 780 sprayer. That engine is very responsive when it's right. Also that sprayer is very light compared to todays models and will almost "walk on water" Eason

I used to have a 780 sprayer. That engine is very responsive when it's right. Also that sprayer is very light compared to todays models and will almost "walk on water" Eason

Which one had the narrow tread? Was it the 770 or 780? I would like to have one for late season spraying in tall crops but I'm in 30" rows. I doubt it would be very practical to widen one of those machines out to 120". Those machine were very rare in my area.