Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tbone8

Work gloves

7 posts in this topic

I don't know about the rest of you all, but gloves sure dont last very long these days. I recently bought a pair of high dollar carhartt gloves and the fingers wore out in no time. Anyone know who makes a good, long lasting work glove?

Tom

I have had the best luck with wells-lamont. Not the best, but not too expensive, either. What type of glove do you need? I tend to use leather mechanic's gloves. They don't last for a incredible length of time, but they can't be too thick or I can't use them for "mechanicin'".

I hate chore gloves, never keep their size, and too light for farm use.

I use the type that Spudland dave uses, but not always the same brand. Go to a welding supply store and buy the long cuffed welding gloves with Kevlar thread. I have purchased the leather heavily reinforced and double thickness welding gloves for general use. They lasted a long time, but the thread is the weak spot. I only use the Kevlar thread type now and they hold up better. Not the cheapest, but last a long time. The longer cuffs not only keep debris out, but if you are allergic to Poison Oak/Ivy like I am, it keeps me from getting rashes on my hands and wrists.

I buy unlined drivers from a place in PA by the dozen. Galeton gloves. When I was ranching full time I went through a pair a month, And I wore them all the time. My landlord liked to tell people that I "put gloves on if I got up to pee in the night"