Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James Wilson

Air FIlter

11 posts in this topic

I wish I could fine a air filter that will work on my international 274, they are $149.00 dollars at the dealer.

Take the numbers off it to a good auto supply store most of them can fix you up. How cheap i don't now but wurth a try.

I tried that two years ago. There are no numbers on the filter, just japanese writing.The Case IH dealer said that there are no cross over number. I am going to take the filter to Kubota and see if they can match one by size.

No luck and 2 years later! I by now would have bitten the bullet and spent the $150 and be done for a few more years!

There comes a point in time where you just gotta say screw it and move on!

No luck and 2 years later! I by now would have bitten the bullet and spent the $150 and be done for a few more years!

There comes a point in time where you just gotta say screw it and move on!

Agreed. If he needed to replace the filter two years ago, imagine what it looks like now!! I'll skimp on alot of things, but NOT equipment maintenence!!!

I buy a new filter every year. I buy new filters, and change oil and filters in all my tractors every spring. The complaint is that the 274 air filter is the smallest one and cost the most. I am trying to find a cheaper filter. If it cost $500.00 to replace a filter in that 274 it will get one. I was trying to say that from 09 to 2011 that the 274 filter have gone from $102.00 to $149.00.

Do the same with a good auto supply take filter in with you and see if they can mach it . Kabuta isn't going to be cheep either .

Do the same with a good auto supply take filter in with you and see if they can mach it . Kabuta isn't going to be cheep either .

Try lookimg it up thru Komatsu they own it now.

Do like I did. My cub cadet with a mitsubishi 26 hp diesel had an air filtration system where the element cost 105 dollars. I found a "Donaldson" dealer took my japanese filter with me matched the thing up and ordered the whole system from Donaldson. the system cost just more than the japaneses filter. and the element costs 12.00 dollars. I kept the old filter just in case i trade the tractorin

george

case ih online shows 1064609C1. There are some online dealers that may have better prices than you were quoted. Dealers around here usually have spring sales where filters and tillage wear parts are on sale. You should watch for those if you are stuck with getting it from a dealer.

a quick google search indicates you are not alone in your challenge. I tried a couple filter manufacturer websites and no dice either...

One conversion option is Surplus Center, they have some air filter housings available that should work for a small tractor. I believe it has a more common element.

I was hoping to be of more assistance.

good luck

karl f

Sorry about that!

I was stumbling around ebay and found this, It looks awful close to what you want. Just looks different. Measure yours and compare! Or send us some measurements and we'll dig you one out?

Napa 2505 on the top. IH 1064609C1 on the bottom.

3954_1.gif1064609C1.jpg

Height: 10.812

Outer Diameter Top: 4.477

Outer Diameter Bottom: 4.458

Inner Diameter Top: Closed

Inner Diameter Bottom: 2.237

Ends: Metal

CFM: 65

Let us know?