Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IHCfan

IH Collectors National Winter Convention, Columbus, IN

18 posts in this topic

IH Collectors Club National Winter Convention, March 3-4-5, Holiday Inn, I-65 at SR46 East, Columbus, IN. Info at www.ihcin7.net.

i am going to be there all day friday and friday eve for the auction. it's always good to see and visit with friends.

I am planning on it. Whether it happens or not is still up in the air. If I do I will have a Skiroule snowmobile in tow. Have to pick that up in northern Ohio.

Smoker 2 and I will be there Wednesday evening through Sunday morning. The banquet on Saturday evening is my favorite part followed by the parts venders. I was told that all vender spots are sold out and that they will more venders than ever before at a winter convention.

jerry

I wish I could go. I am starting my new job on Monday, and my employer would frown on taking time off that soon. :) Hopefully they will let me have time off for RPRU.

BJ

BJ, you could go down for the day on Saturday.

Pat,

Do I need to register or anything?

BJ

I plan to be there at least one of the days. I probably won't be there in the day - but rather than the evening (with the exception of maybe Saturday).

I'll have Dad with me.... and the wife hasn't said no - Yet. :lol:

Since I only live 10 miles away from the Holiday Inn.... :)

Sure wish I could attend. Got too many obligations here and I'm a long ways away in the South. Some day I will be able to attend RPRU, never been to either.

I wish I could go. I am starting my new job on Monday, and my employer would frown on taking time off that soon. :) Hopefully they will let me have time off for RPRU.

BJ

Hope you aren't having to leave RP.

BJ

Nope I will still be moderating here. :) You all can't get rid of me that easy. After being in orientation all day today, I think they might be more flexible than I thought, we shall see.

BJ

Nope I will still be moderating here. :) You all can't get rid of me that easy. After being in orientation all day today, I think they might be more flexible than I thought, we shall see.

Glad to hear that. Sometimes it's difficult to find people who are dedicated and talented. RPM is fortunate to have you on board IMO. ;)

Wasn't planning on going originally. But I'll be leaving Edwardsport for the weekend Saturday am. Just as well drive over and say Hi to everybody before I head North.

BJ, Just now saw your question about registering. Registration is not required just to come and look around.

Wasn't planning on going originally. But I'll be leaving Edwardsport for the weekend Saturday am. Just as well drive over and say Hi to everybody before I head North.

BJ, Just now saw your question about registering. Registration is not required just to come and look around.

So if I wanted to go to a session, I can just show up?

So if I wanted to go to a session, I can just show up?

What kind of stuff is there for sale by venders?

BJ,

If I remember correctly the seminars are free, first ones in get the seats. Here's the schedule.

2011 IH Winter Convention

Seminar Schedule

Friday

9:00-10:30 Indiana DOT

Officers from the Indiana Department of Transportation will discuss the proper methods of securing loads, how much Securement is necessary and what they are looking for while on patrol.

9:00-10:30 Allen Wolka

Allen was on the design team for the original cub cadet. He was responsible for finding a supplier for the engine. He will explain the events that led to the introduction of the original cub cadet.

10:30-12:00 Mike Schmudlach/Lynn Faeth

The year 2011 marks the 50th Anniversary of the introduction of the Scout by IH. Mike and Lynn will discuss the development, initial release and changes that occurred in these vehicles.

10:30-12:00 Mike Androvich

The joys of collecting unstyled tractors. Mike Androvich has been collecting these tractors for 30 years and has learned a great deal about them. He will discuss changes that were made through the years of production, discuss unusual variants and show examples of literature and advertising from the period.

1:00-2:30 Cindy Ladage

Preserving IH Memories: Author Cindy Ladage will show how your IH tractor, implement or combination of both is more than just a “hunk of iron.” Keeping tabs on the history of the machine, like family stories is a way to preserve IH memories. Hear tips on preserving your very own IH memories.

1:00-2:30 Indiana DOT

Officers from the Indiana Department of Transportation will discuss the proper methods of securing loads, how much Securement is necessary and what they are looking for while on patrol.

2:30-4:00 Jim Becker

IH used integrated marketing programs to support sales within the dealer network. Along with the commonly seen sales brochures and print advertising, the company provided a variety of sales support to the dealers. Displays at local and state fairs and the demonstrator tractor programs are well known examples of sales support. Author Jim Becker will talk about some of the lesser-known sales support provided by Harvester. Samples of materials will be displayed.

2:30-4:00 Dale Merkle

Setting up Cub Cadet Attachments. Have you have ever wondered how to properly install a mower deck, plow or blade correctly? Or do you want to know how to keep them working like they were designed to do? Dale Merkle will explain how various cub cadet implements should be assembled and attached to the lawn/garden tractors.

Saturday

9:00-10:30 Cindy Ladage

Preserving IH Memories: Author Cindy Ladage will show how your IH tractor, implement or combination of both is more than just a “hunk of iron.” Keeping tabs on the history of the machine, like family stories is a way to preserve IH memories. Hear tips on preserving your very own IH memories.

9:00-10:30 Mike Androvich

The joys of collecting unstyled tractors. Mike Androvich has been collecting these tractors for 30 years and has learned a great deal about them. He will discuss changes that were made through the years of production, discuss unusual variants and show examples of literature and advertising from the period.

10:30-12:00 Jim Becker

IH used integrated marketing programs to support sales within the dealer network. Along with the commonly seen sales brochures and print advertising, the company provided a variety of sales support to the dealers. Displays at local and state fairs and the demonstrator tractor programs are well known examples of sales support. Author Jim Becker will talk about some of the lesser-known sales support provided by Harvester. Samples of materials will be displayed.

10:30-12:00 Bob Off

With the explosion in popularity of plow days in the fall all over the country, the once forgotten plow has now found new use by collectors. Bob Off will discuss the various plow models that IH produced with an emphasis on plows manufactured since 1960. Years of production will be given so the plows can be matched to the series of tractor in production when the plows were sold new.

1:00-2:30 Randy Barrett

Chapter 7 member Randy Barrett will lead a question and answer session on the restoration of tractors and equipment. It will be an open session where attendees can share ideas and problems with others to get the answers you need.

1:00-2:30 Mike Schmudlach/Lynn Faeth

The year 2011 marks the 50th Anniversary of the introduction of the Scout by IH. Mike and Lynn will discuss the development, initial release and changes that occurred in these vehicles.

2:30-4:00 Dale Merkle

Second sourcing cub cadet parts. Dale Merkle will explore options for obtaining replacements parts for cub cadets that are no longer available or that can be purchased from aftermarket and automotive parts suppliers.

2:30-4:00 Bernie Smith

Chapter 7 member Bernie Smith will discuss the various models of magnetos manufactured by IH and what makes them work. Actually magnetos will be used to show how they are disassembled, show what parts are replaceable and how to reassemble to assure that it will work properly.

Butch,

There will be some of everything on hand from the vendors. There will be some used and reproduction parts, no doubt there will be literature {sales brochures, and manuals} The different chapters will have their tables and have items to sell.

Thanks Pat! Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

BJ