Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meltfms

IH pullers from the past

Bringing up an old post from 2 years ago about old IH pullers. While getting my car worked on today I saw a gentleman and got to talking to him. He mentioned pulling and then I recognized who he was, it was John D Thompson from Marshall that used to pull with the 1466 Bad Dog. I used to pull with him years ago, he got to talking about the past, he is 85 years old and still helps on the farm with his 2 boys. Told me all about how he got started with the IH pulling tractors and mentioned all the names from IH, he remembers all the names.( jd thompsons bad dog become jim weavers virginian then johnny trexlers joker next owned by paul knooce b-4 being sold to someone in new york ??? ) He still know where the tractor is at and who owns it. Remarkable memory, got lots of stories to tell.

Gaeton Yaelle owns it now

the tractor in now owned by Henry Everman. the tractor is called the final decision. i currently own the side shields and sheet metal to the joker.

post-0-129358231879_thumb.jpg

post-0-12935823529_thumb.jpg

I think if Henry owns it, its Mr. determination superfarm......Final decision is a componant...(I think it used to be red horse?)

My dad pulled then a 1206 in 12 and 15 k stock , then a 460 farmall, i think red horse belonged to a friend of my dads.

Koontz made a component, which went to Yelle, which went to Everman. The original Bad Dog chassis is somewhere down south still, I think????

I remember John David. Back in the late 60's, my Dad worked on his tractors at King Brothers in Arcola. There were others of that era...Myron Riddle of Tuscola had a 1206, then a MM G1000, before going to a 1466. At the end, it ran on alcohol. Tommy Abrams of Oaktown, IN pulled a 1466 called "Tommy's Toy." There was Ed Carmichael of Sullivan, IN, Don Zeck of Young America, IN, and Don Nolan of Taylorville, IL who ran a 1206. Lloyd Johnson at Stewardson ran a 1066 with a double turbo. Kenneth Easley of Salem pulled a 1256. Those are just of the old names I remember. Dad left King Brothers in 1970 and went to Yoder Implement at Arthur, IL.

Hey Andre, I thought Henry bought the magnum force chassis from gaeton?

There's quite a few topics & pictures related to "pullers from the past" over on Pulloff right now. Blaine has been sharing many of his old pulling photos over there, of various different tractors. Lots of good reading going on over there right now on this very topic.

Nope, Yelle still has it...Magnum Force, Maxxum Force (old heat seeker), 20 Mule Team, Stray Horse (old Hooter's Scooter), Rooster (old Junkyard Dog) is what I know of, not sure if there's anything new for 2011!

the ag chassis of the joker is still in north carolina ...owned by robert costner of lawndale nc ..currently has magnum sheetmetal on it and a alky engine in it does not carry a name on it ...the old front end of the joker went to perry walters he put it under the front end of movin dirt super farm ...which was marshall snyders old "docs pride "tractor... the compent frame tractor was sold to gaeton yelle in new york ...which he ran as the workhorse tractor with mx sheetmetal on it ... next i think henry everman got the compent chassis for the final decison tractor ... and the engine got parted out ....IHSMOKE

Lol that should keep him busy enough!

Nope, Yelle still has it...Magnum Force, Maxxum Force (old heat seeker), 20 Mule Team, Stray Horse (old Hooter's Scooter), Rooster (old Junkyard Dog) is what I know of, not sure if there's anything new for 2011!

Km

Lol that should keep him busy enough!

He used to be all Deere's 30yrs ago, but runs mainly red now...

Can Anyone recall a Pair of 856s out of Michigan that i think were the 1st red Pro Stockers ?????

You were talking to John Thompson then you was talking to a legend in the tractor pulling world, he was the man back in the 70s and he had lots of good company to like Danny Dean 1066, Marshall Myre 966, Dickie Sullivan 1206 then a 1066, Ed Carmichael 1066, Harry Griest 1456, L.D. Nation 966, Stan Gotl 986, and these are just from the top of my head and I had a subscription to the Puller from 1976 up to 1981 and the super stock classes were heavily dominated by Internationl and Thompson Bad Dog 1466 was in lots of those magazines from those years. Danny Dean use to help drive the Bad Dog quite often from what I remember and I sure like to see some pictures posted up of these old legends in Red

Bringing up an old post from 2 years ago about old IH pullers. While getting my car worked on today I saw a gentleman and got to talking to him. He mentioned pulling and then I recognized who he was, it was John D Thompson from Marshall that used to pull with the 1466 Bad Dog. I used to pull with him years ago, he got to talking about the past, he is 85 years old and still helps on the farm with his 2 boys. Told me all about how he got started with the IH pulling tractors and mentioned all the names from IH, he remembers all the names.( jd thompsons bad dog become jim weavers virginian then johnny trexlers joker next owned by paul knooce b-4 being sold to someone in new york ??? ) He still know where the tractor is at and who owns it. Remarkable memory, got lots of stories to tell.

John Thompson was one of my favorite IH SS's because he used to run in the 12 open quite a bit back in the day.Does anyone know what cubic inches John was running along with all of those early Hypermax pullers? Being from Indiana here is another IH SS puller: Tom Wright from Kirklin, just north of Indianapolis.I remember when he finished 5th in the 1977 Indy Super Pull 12 Open class.A proud moment for this IH pulling fan :-] !!

Can Anyone recall a Pair of 856s out of Michigan that i think were the 1st red Pro Stockers ?????

There were two 856,s from northern Ohio Dale and Gary Kohl that went from super to Pro pretty early when the class started.

That would be the names i was looking for thanks. A guy that has lots of pulling history lost his show on voice america due to no sponsorship and he had mentioned a pair of 856s

There's quite a few topics & pictures related to "pullers from the past" over on Pulloff right now. Blaine has been sharing many of his old pulling photos over there, of various different tractors. Lots of good reading going on over there right now on this very topic.

How does one go about getting into the forums on that site to view things? I registered and made a username and it will not display and forum threads on their website.

You should be able to click on the "Feedback" button once you are at the main Pulloff page, and see all the topics below in blue letters. Click on the 1st topic & read thru from there. I was just over there, everything seems to be working just fine.

You should be able to click on the "Feedback" button once you are at the main Pulloff page, and see all the topics below in blue letters. Click on the 1st topic & read thru from there. I was just over there, everything seems to be working just fine.

Agonair, there was also a gentleman who pulled with Ed Carmichael from Worthington IN. His name was Don Collenbaugh and the name of the tractor was Ground Pounder. He first had a 1256 then a case and then a 1206. He has restored the 1206 to the days of Hoosier State pulling in the eightys and shows the tractor at shows but hasnt pulled it. He does have a 1256 now he pulls in farm classes locally.

All this talk of old makes me want to throw this out make sure you all keep your eyes out for a new Aces Wild PS at NFMS will be same skin but with new chassis under it and Power Plant Upgrades too. And also watch for a 2nd Open Super skined of MX255 from the Chizek Team being driven by the Next Generation Of Blackbourn. And there was some chatter of a new true Case PS tractor comming to WI