Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vince_o

11 posts in this topic

Well Im almost done with my oldest son Vince tractor. We got it from a friend in Alabama and with help from some other friends we dropped in a Mag 18 red clutch spring. Its a hoss for sure. Were getting it ready to plow in Charlotte in 2 weeks. All Im waiting on is my new rear tires and were set. This has been far the most fun weve had putting one togeather. I found my youngest son Danny a 482 basket case. I have an 18 comand sitting on the floor for it and Ill put a rear end out of a 124 or 100 in it. That will be another fun one too!

post-43410-128279247437_thumb.jpg

post-43410-128279251181_thumb.jpg

Are we going to "nick name" this tractor the "Chum Bucket"..?????..... :lol::lol::lol:

Looking good Vince!.I see your helper is ready to ride...

How many cans did you use?

Jut too hot to spray it and with the humiddity so high Ill bet theres a small farm pond of watter in my compressor. I do drain it out after every use but I dont have a dryer on it.

Now If you know my kids, and me, it will be worked hard and in about 4 years it will need repainted again! all my tractors work and work hard at times.

My wife worked in the body shop of a local tech school for like 4 or 5 years with some deaf kids. She enjoys taping off stuff and preping. We all get into it when something gets painted. all my paint jobs do is delay the rust prosess, these are not resto jobs, by any means! I have a couple of cco's with sireal numbers as long as Rt 66 that I will make one good one out of then give it to the guy I got this 582 from and let him paint it right for me. That one will be the only non worker I have.

Thank you

post-43410-128290982726_thumb.jpg

post-43410-128290986412_thumb.jpg

post-43410-128290992303_thumb.jpg

All I need is my tires and find the dang IH emblem. I still need to look a the kids tonka trucks, see if they changed them to IH.

post-43410-128303331408_thumb.jpg

post-43410-128303344584_thumb.jpg

All I need is my tires and find the dang IH emblem. I still need to look a the kids tonka trucks, see if they changed them to IH.

laugh.gif That 582 looks pretty good. Make sure you get a picture of the Tonka before you reclaim your badge.

Jeff

Kelly

I just checked they are n Atl now so Im guessing that they are on the line haul to greenville terminal tonight. Brand new tires, LIL Vince owes me big time!

Heres some pic's of the Deestone 23 10.50 12 tires. I dont recomend buying them! They are only 8.75 wide and a whole inch shorter then my Carlisle True powers. Too bad they stopped making these in this size! I have just 50 lbs of weight on this tractor and plows awsome!

post-43410-128380242774_thumb.jpg

I Always have like the cud cadets. The red ones are my favorite. I'd loved to own one. IT is coming along good . keep up the good work