Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ole three bottom

Count Down to Red Power Roundup!!!!!!!

Is that the low houred one that has been for sale for a while? I remember seeing it in Indiana Auto + RV among other places, want to say it was like 2200hrs.

Yes. This is the one that was for sale. It is a pretty nice tractor. I have now taken off the wrong rear weights and done a few other things to it. Hope to see every one at the red power round up. Going the haul the 1468 up to day.

Your 1468 won't be lonely there. Max is taking his out there today.

Is that the low houred one that has been for sale for a while? I remember seeing it in Indiana Auto + RV among other places, want to say it was like 2200hrs.

Yes. This is the one that was for sale. It is a pretty nice tractor. I have now taken off the wrong rear weights and done a few other things to it. Hope to see every one at the red power round up. Going the haul the 1468 up to day.

Your 1468 won't be lonely there. Max is taking his out there today.

They are parked right beside each other.

30 Days!!!!!

The Show feature tractor this year is any and all Standard Tractors. Now that is a a pretty big category. That means that in the Feature Tractor you might see anything from a McCormick 10-20, W-30, I9 or W9, W650, 1206 Wheatland, 1456 Rice Field Special just to name a few of the possibilities. Chapter #33 chose the W400 as a club project to restore and have available for the auction and to use as the clubs feature tractor on all Red Power Roundup paraphernalia. With the possibility of so many different standard tractors parked in the feature tractor area this could make for a very entrusting display. Wheatland, Rice Field Specials, Standards, and Industrial, all parked together where you can compare the features of the different packages.

Parked among them will be will be Jerry and Kelli Smoker's 706 Wheatland.

100_0214.jpg

Temperature Here in Indiana hit the upper 80's yesterday and I'm post a couple pictures of tractors in the snow. {BZ's 1066 and this 706} :wacko:

Tomorrow another mystery tractor!!!!

does any one know how many 706's were made?? and does hydralics under the fuel tank make them rare?

where does "ones" $10.00 go when you bring your personal golf cart to the show? Has this been a past practice of shows before to charge a person when he or she brings IH memorabilia to a show?

6 Days till RED POWER ROUNDUP !!!!!

Less then a week till the big RED Show hits LaPorte, IN.

For the next few days the count down will feature the tractors of the Hoover family from Tipton, In. I want to start out the the Hoover's Black Stripe HYDRO 100 FWA operated by Keith Hoover. Keith is the Sr. member of the family and a real fine person to know. At the 2008 Tillage festival Keith was behind me in the lineup for the mile with the Hydro 100, The fuel pump was acting funny on my 1066 and it dropped on it's face and died. Well I knew what I was going to have to do to get it started but Keith stopped the line to check on me before moving on. I got the 10 running again and Keith let me work back in line. Keith and the Hydro 100 hung right with the best of them at the tillage festival.

Hoovers_Hydro_100_MFD.jpg

where does "ones" $10.00 go when you bring your personal golf cart to the show? Has this been a past practice of shows before to charge a person when he or she brings IH memorabilia to a show?

The $10 for the personal golf cart rental goes to Chapter 33's scholarship fund. This is a normal practice at shows. It is a one time charge for the whole show. Nowadays this is cheap. I have paid up to $25 at shows. Our local fair charges $75 for the week and do not offer rentals, that is why I leave mine at home for the fair and walk. NO ATVs will be allowed. UTVs, yes.

This Red Power is walking friendly if you have a decent pair of legs. The main area is very close, nothing is spread out. There will be shuttles in the parking lots and to the field demonstrations. There will also be 6 passenger carts to help individuals out in a jam. I will more than likey park my cart and walk during show hours if it becomes too conjested and I got a couple bum feet.

With the weather forecast calling for hot, the chapter building and memorabilia will be very popular as they have AC.

See you at the show - jerry

jerry

I will have to agree with Jerry, I think guys will find for a Round-up that everything is very close, almost like Mansfield was, it is a Co. fairground and that makes everything close, I went to a truck event there last year and was really checking out the fairgrounds for Round-up and was impressed with the layout, very walking friendly compared to some of the other more spread out shows.

It will be a good show!!!

Stupid laptop keeps double posting, ugh!

sure blame the laptop, are you sure its not the operator

sorry Shawn couldn't resist, see you at the show

Stupid laptop keeps double posting, ugh!

sure blame the laptop, are you sure its not the operator

sorry Shawn couldn't resist, see you at the show

No more double post! :P

5 Days to go!!!!

Today I want to feature a Hydro 70 High Crop from the Hoover collection. The driving responsibility is shared by Mick Hoover and son Conley.

Hoovers_Hydro_70HC_1.jpg

Hoovers_Hydro70HC_2.jpg

Pat,

have we ran out of tractors and equipment yet

4 Days!!!!!!!

This will finish up the tractors that The Hoovers from Tipton, know for sure they are going to haul up to the show. They have a couple more real nice tractors that they could bring to the show if they can work it in. Today I'm featuring Hoover's 504 High Clear.

Hoovers_504HC_2.jpg

Hoovers_504HC_1.jpg

3 Days to go!!!!

Today for the feature I want to take you over to the Cub Cadet Corral. BZ and Neil Michel will be the one organizing things over there. Neil has been collecting Cub Cadets a good many years and has a vast collection. I believe he has one of every model made, or at least close to it.

Neilandcubcadets.jpg

Hard to find Cub Cadets like that Anymore,,,Very impressive...

matt

2 Days to go!!!!!

Miss April will be at Red Power!!

If you have the 2009 Firestone Ag tire calendar then you are aware that Miss April is Richard Walker's 1468. Richard informed me a little over a week ago that Miss April will be at Red Power Roundup.

2009FirestoneCalander3.jpg

If you subscribe to Heritage Iron Magazine you will also take note that Miss April was featured in the latest issue of Heritage Iron.

Due to the fact that upon my leaving for LaPorte this morning I will be without internet for the rest of the week, this will me my last post on the countdown. BJ will be wrapping things up for me. I want to thank all who sent in photo's for the countdown and hope everyone enjoyed it.

Pat

Thanks Pat , Now that is the way to restore a tractor !!!!! :wub:

No# 1 is painted and we will get it put together today.

Danny

Yesterday Max and Orion spoke about the red power roundup on this week in agibusness and were looking forward to going even gave the chapters web sight. See you there Thursday and Friday.

MD7140

1 Day to Go!!!!

Today's feature comes to us from Matt Rupp. Matt is bringing his 1984 5488 and 1981 3488 Hydro.

5488_3488_004.jpg

His daughter Madiscyn is coming too. I see she likes Red Tractors!

5488_3488_015.jpg

Well I better get myself around and get out to the show. See you there!

Its finally here!!

In about 6 hours the gates of Red Power Roundup 2010 will be officially open. The 400 is ready to greet all visitors.

100_0887.jpg

I'd like to thank ole three bottom for keeping the countdown going. I was a little down about the show last week but I'm excited no.