Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ole three bottom

Count Down to Red Power Roundup!!!!!!!

41 days!!!!

While I am featuring tractors of the hundred and fifty series I just as well include Jerry and Kelli Smoker's 1957 Farmall 130 and one point Fast Hitch disk. Any time a person has the opportunity to include an implement of the proper vintage in the display, it sure adds to the display. The 130 is a wonderful example of just that. The tractor is a wonderful restoration buy it's self. But with that disk restored as well and hitched to the back end, the team look like they just came from a 1957 IH State Fair display.

JerryKelliSmokers130and1pointfasthi.jpg

I must admit that I did lighten the photo from it's original appearance just a little so you could see just a little more detail of the tractor and disk. What an awesome display it is.

Well, I hope you aren't getting tired of looking at what Max, the Smoker's, BZ, and Cougar are bringing to Red Power. I still have lots for pictures from them showing more items they are going to bring up to LaPorte. But then again they shouldn't get all the glory. Are You headed to Red Power with something in the back of your pickup or on a trailer behind your truck? Well why don't you let me include it in the countdown. Use the link below to send me an email with an attached photo of what your going to haul to RPRU 2010.

Email me

ny bill o are you bringing your McCormick milking equipment with you this year? If you are I'd include it in the countdown if you'd send me a picture of it.

That's just and example, anyone going to bring an IH refrigerator, freezer or air conditioner? Send me a photo of it and I'll include it. What about you truck guys? I'd love to include a photo of a restored IH Metro Van, Fleetstar, or Transtar II that is coming to RPRU 2010. So just take a minute to send me a photo an I'll include what ever IH built item your going to display in the countdown.

40 Days!!!

That's right in the time it took for God to destroy the earth with rain and flooding we will be to opening day of Red Power Roundup 2010 at LaPorte, Indiana!!!!! So it's time to feature another Cub Cadet, BZ Tractor is providing us with quite a Cub Cadet today, his red 782D. I just love to hear that little diesel engine in this Cub Cadet run. We've seen video here on the forum of garden tractor pulls where they are pulling a 782D with the fuel screw opened up and the thing is smoking like the big ones.

That's not the case with BZ's Cub Cadet, this Cadet looks like it want's to have a deck slid under it and go manicure a lawn.

BZs782D.jpg

Would you like to see the plow that Max got for my Favorite tractor?? A few days ago when I listed the 7488 I told that Max had bought a 8 bottom 720 with the on land hitch. :blush: My mistake, :blush: It's a 710. Doesn't really mater, It's still going to look impressive when we hitch it behind the 7488.

710_plows_009.jpg

Wilson, you know what Max bought that plow for??? :wub:

39 Days!!!!

Yesterday I got an email from Merlin Miller. Merlin goes by farmerchanic Sr here on the forum and wanted to share photo's taken last fall of the Miller 1206 Wheatland. Merlin won't be able to make RPRU, but son Eric (farmerchanic) will be bringing the 1206 to the show. Eric take lots of photo's at the show for dad. ;) They took the photo's of 1206 Wheatland serial #7614 while they were transferring corn last fall (winter? it was Dec. before they finished harvesting) from the cooling bin to a storage bin Merlin says they normally don't have to dry into. They were using both 1206's and the H so had to get some pics. The fog in the pictures is from the dryer. Merlin offered to try and find better pictures of the 1206, but I told him that this group would love to see a sharp looking classic still earning her keep.As you can tel

The next two photos I did a little photo shop work because the tractor is in the shade so I will post the original then the one I lightened just a touch.

MerlinMillers1206Wheatie4.jpg

MerlinMillers1206Wheatie4-1.jpg

MerlinMillers1206Wheatie3.jpg

MerlinMillers1206Wheatie3-1.jpg

MerlinMillers1206Wheatie2.jpg

Another thing about these photo's that I enjoyed is the fact that not one of they gave you a good 100% view of the 1206. So if you want to see 100% of The Miller Family 1206 Wheatland your going to have to come to LaPorte for Red Power Roundup. What's more The Millers would be more then happy for you to take a few photo's of the 12, and you can photograph it almost any way you like.

Time for me to make my plug... <_< I would Love :wub: to include a photo of what your bringing to RPRU 2010 in the countdown. So I'm going to make it as easy as possible for you to send me your photo's. Just send me an email using the link below with the photo's attached to it, and I'll make you a STAR OF THE SHOW right here on the countdown. So Keep those emails coming in.

Email me

Tomorrow I am going to give you an update on Tom McCormick's 39 H. Cyrus would be pleased at this McCormick's determination.

38 DAYS!!!!!

Seeing how I already said that I would further update you on Tom McCormick's 39 H's progress I felt that we needed to feature something from the letter series this morning. So from the Smoker Family Farmall's Jerry and Kelli Smoker's 1953 Louisville Super M. This make 3 1953 Louisville Super M's total counting the two coupled together in the tandem hitch to make the Double Header. So I suppose we could call this on the Single Header? Dose it appear to you that Jerry has a bit of a Louisville Super M Fetich? :wub:

SmokerFamilySingleHeader.jpg

Now here's the update form Tom McCormick complete with pictures.

She Lives Again!!! She will be to Red Power Round Up!!! Had her back together and running Wednesday Night!! Purr like a kitten!! Here are some of the repair photos…hope to give her a good Steam Bath this weekend…

TomMcC.jpg

TomMcC2.jpg

TomMcC4.jpg

TomMcC5.jpg

TomMcC6.jpg

I asked Tom about the product that they used to seal the crack. I thought some of the guys here on the forum might be asking about it. Here's his response.

The sealant is in one of the photos the fellow that gave me a hand had this stuff and said it like super industrial strength JB weld.

So, its Sunday morning and your taking a little extra time this morning before you do what ever you intend to do today. So why don't you take a moment to email me a photo of what your going to bring to LaPorte in a little less then 38 days for Red Power Roundup. You send me that photo and I will include it in the countdown.

Email me

I will have to send a pic of my 1936 F20. Ryan Peters found me a NOS manifold and I will be running on pure sweet kerosene.

Here is the manifold

I converted the pic to a jpeg so we can see it better.

post-1926-12740269148_thumb.jpg

Howard, I take it you noticed the Kerosene/ distillate Manifold in the one picture of Tom's H. I noticed it also, and asked Tom about the starter tank. Tom said the tractor didn't have one and that the hood didn't have a hole for the neck of one. I told him i could probably help him out with such items if he wanted a tank and a hood. Tom turned me down of the hood and tank because he wants to keep it original. I'm not going to push it any further, it's his tractor and he can put it together any way he wants, but something isn't original. Either the manifold or the hood.

yea, I noticed that. If it was originally gas it should have an X1 suffix on the tag. Thanks BJ, Like the hunter told after his friend was eaten by bears, "The Czech is in the male"

37 Days!!!!

IH 1256 POWER, I don't have that information, Hopefully Max, or Jerry will come onto the countdown and give you an estimate today.

Featured today is Nebraska Cowman's 1936 F 20 Kerosene tractor. As Howard stated yesterday he has the correct manifold for it and runs it on kerosene like it was intended. I really to take my hat off to you guys here on the forum that have been working on kerosene/distillate lately to get them running on the fuel they were intended. As many of you know I have a 1944 H that was set up originally as a distillate/kerosene burner. When I bought the tractor all it had was the starter tank and the proper hood. The fuel line from the starter tank to the sediment bowl, the two way sediment bowl, manifold, heat shield, and shutters I have all acquired to make the tractor as original as I can. Here's my shortcoming I have not been inside the manifold to free everything up and get it into condition to burn on kerosene. For starters I'm sure that if I try to take the flue off what is left of the studs will probably snap. So I have all the proper parts but am still running on gasoline {no lead}. Earlier this spring I made a template of my heat shield for a couple of forum members that are burning kerosene in their H's. So Howard and any of you others out there that have gone the extra mile to get your kerosene burner back on the right fuel I commend you.

01.jpg

It's nice to be getting photo's from different parts of the country of the items that are headed to LaPorte for Roundup. I know Howard posted my email address on the cowboard hoping that they will contribute. That's when Howard found out that yesterday when I posted a link to email me with I posted it incorrectly :blush:. That's what happens when your typing at this hour of the morning without your glasses, you can't tell a comma from a period. :blush:

So with the correct email address this morning send your photo's to

Email me

Thanks to BJ for help with today's photo. Even though Howard send it in jpg format neither of our computers recognized it that way to download it.

Thanks to BJ for help with today's photo. Even though Howard send it in jpg format neither of our computers recognized it that way to download it.

That's because I've got a Mac!! :D:D:D

NO.... It's because your puter savvy ;););)

NO.... It's because your puter savvy ;) ;) ;)

I think its both!!

Pat,

gonna give up on you for this morning (its 2:00 AM as I type this) and got to bed for a couple of hours

36 Days!!!!

Well I guess you'll just have to see what today's feature is when you get up in a couple hours to run the bus. Sounds to me like your running yourself into the ground this week already.

Meijer thinks they invented one stop shopping. Got news for them IH was the one stop shopping center for the farm family in the late 30's, 40's and 50's. Being a manufacturer of trucks, tractors, and farm equipment was just the start. We all know about the refrigeration division that supplied refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners. But we sometimes forget that they also built Milk can coolers at Evansville In. also. No surprise At that time the milk can cooler rounded out the complete line of IH McCormick Milking equipment. IH manufactured vacuum pumps, milking machines and cream separators. Today those items are quite collectible. It's not uncommon to see a McCormick milk pails on eBay. and once in a great while you,ll find a complete milker.

A few years ago Bill Olin {NY Bill O} stumbled across a jackpot on one of the farms that they are farming. A McCormick vacuum pump, a complete milker and an almost complete milker. To the dairy farmer this is almost as good a find as coming across a free IH refrigerator. I don't know if last year was the first year that Bill had his dairy equipment at Red Power or if it had made prior trips. But I know it is returning to Red Power once again this year. Be sure to look for Bill's dairy equipment along with all the other IH collectibles that will be on display at Red Power Roundup.

ih_milkers.jpg

Keep watch in the near future I will be featuring what Bill's brother Mike is bringing to RPRU.

Hey Pat, you're LATE!

jerry

Pat,

you maybe right.

that one fine looking milker set up can't wait to see it in person

Thanks for posting the pictures

Hey Pat, you're LATE!

jerry

Awww, come on Jerry... You were still in bed making z's when I made my post. I've been posting the update when I make my middle of the night nature call, just so I wouldn't hear you say that like I did on a particular Saturday morning during the tillage festival countdown. When Cougar comes in at that hour from burning the candle at both ends he ought to be going straight to bed. maybe tomorrow I'll make my post at 8am then jerry will remember what a late post is.... <_<:P

Hey Pat, you're LATE!

jerry

Awww, come on Jerry... You were still in bed making z's when I made my post. I've been posting the update when I make my middle of the night nature call, just so I wouldn't hear you say that like I did on a particular Saturday morning during the tillage festival countdown. When Cougar comes in at that hour from burning the candle at both ends he ought to be going straight to bed. maybe tomorrow I'll make my post at 8am then jerry will remember what a late post is.... <_<:P

Pat,

at times I wish I could but normally I need a shower and no matter how beat I am I can't go strait to bed, yes I'm burning the candle at both ends and the middle even, (just got in off the bus, eating some breakfast and going back to work)

36 Days!!!!

Well I guess you'll just have to see what today's feature is when you get up in a couple hours to run the bus. Sounds to me like your running yourself into the ground this week already.

Meijer thinks they invented one stop shopping. Got news for them IH was the one stop shopping center for the farm family in the late 30's, 40's and 50's. Being a manufacturer of trucks, tractors, and farm equipment was just the start. We all know about the refrigeration division that supplied refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners. But we sometimes forget that they also built Milk can coolers at Evansville In. also. No surprise At that time the milk can cooler rounded out the complete line of IH McCormick Milking equipment. IH manufactured vacuum pumps, milking machines and cream separators. Today those items are quite collectible. It's not uncommon to see a McCormick milk pails on eBay. and once in a great while you,ll find a complete milker.

A few years ago Bill Olin {NY Bill O} stumbled across a jackpot on one of the farms that they are farming. A McCormick vacuum pump, a complete milker and an almost complete milker. To the dairy farmer this is almost as good a find as coming across a free IH refrigerator. I don't know if last year was the first year that Bill had his dairy equipment at Red Power or if it had made prior trips. But I know it is returning to Red Power once again this year. Be sure to look for Bill's dairy equipment along with all the other IH collectibles that will be on display at Red Power Roundup.

ih_milkers.jpg

Keep watch in the near future I will be featuring what Bill's brother Mike is bringing to RPRU.

pat, i was mildly interested when the landlady asked me if i wanted their old milking equipment, and THRILLED when i saw what it was. i had seen one of the milkers sitting there before but hadn't looked to see what make it was. usually those pails are universal or hinman or some other off brand. i'm glad i got the stuff when i did, because the barn is torn down now.

madison was indeed the first roundup i had taken them to, as they fit in the trunk of linda's car, the vehicle of choice last year.

Pat,

at times I wish I could but normally I need a shower and no matter how beat I am I can't go strait to bed, yes I'm burning the candle at both ends and the middle even, (just got in off the bus, eating some breakfast and going back to work)

Understood,

I worked nights enough to understand what your saying.

36 Days!!!!

ih_milkers.jpg

pat, i was mildly interested when the landlady asked me if i wanted their old milking equipment, and THRILLED when i saw what it was. i had seen one of the milkers sitting there before but hadn't looked to see what make it was. usually those pails are universal or hinman or some other off brand. i'm glad i got the stuff when i did, because the barn is torn down now.

madison was indeed the first roundup i had taken them to, as they fit in the trunk of linda's car, the vehicle of choice last year.

Bill - You need to get in touch with the Nebraska Cowman. He is looking for milking stuff for a section of their pre 39 exhibit in their tent.

jerry

Bill got us a room out there reserved, but with 36 days to go, and all our corn needing replanted, not a bean in the ground, mud knee deep and rain on the way yet again, it's not looking good for us Missouri boys getting to go. I'm still holding out hope, cause this promises to be one of the best RPR's ever.

Bill got us a room out there reserved, but with 36 days to go, and all our corn needing replanted, not a bean in the ground, mud knee deep and rain on the way yet again, it's not looking good for us Missouri boys getting to go. I'm still holding out hope, cause this promises to be one of the best RPR's ever.

kristen, i sure hope you guys can make it. this roundup looks like it is raising the bar higher yet. and its good to see friends from around the country again.