Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ole three bottom

Count Down to Red Power Roundup!!!!!!!

No problem Gary, a friend of mine has a very early 1940 M, it has all the features of the class of 39. After being around that tractor I am some what the same way.

Update on news that broke yesterday. As you probably read there will be a play area for IH construction equipment. Here is a copy of the pm Old Max sent me just a few minutes before the announcement went public.

Pat

I have decided to set up a big boy sand box for the construction guys, there is a big pile of dirt beside the display field that we well be moving around. I will be taking the TD15B, Chad Ritter {Water Boy] or who ever is qualified will be putting on demonstrations twice a day 10am and 3pm.

All that want to bring construction equipment and demonstrate well be welcome.

I will Email TD15 pictures to you.

Max

So folks here's the photo's of Max's TD 15B

TD_15_Dozer.jpg

TD_15_Dozer_3.jpg

TD_15_Dozer_4.jpg

But now your asking who is Chad Ritter, AKA Water Boy? Chad is married to Max's niece and is the number one man on Max's show support team. Chad has done several shows in the past few years with Uncle Max, and a few years ago Max helped him find an International 656 and restore it for maintaining Chad's Place. So Let me introduce you to Water Boy.

ChadRitter1.jpg

Chad working on his 656 in the Favorite Shop.

ChadRitteratRPRU_2007_002.jpg

ChadRidder_RPRU_2007.jpg

Chad and son at RPRU 2007.

ChadRitterandHootatTillageFestival.jpg

Chad at the wheel of the Favorite 1456 at the Chapter #7 Tillage Festival. Hoot is riding the fender.

Now for the next few days the owner of this tractor asked me to quiz you guys. I am going to post a photo of one of his tractors and you have to tell us, What it is, if it's rare, if it's valuable. Then whether or not it will be done before Red Power Roundup 2010. Here's today's photo.

BZsWhatsit.jpg

Cougar you may have a slight unfair advantage, so if you think you know anything about the above tractor send me a pm with you answer. If you don't guess it today I will post another clue tomorrow. If you guess the tractor's identity today it will be tomorrow's feature.

this is gonna be fun

According to the official counter on the Chapter #33 website we we are down to 50 days!!! So today I'm going to feature a tractor form central Indiana. {otherwise it might have to be from the Smokers or the Favorite stables} Spent most of Saturday with Marty {450 Demo} and Matt Thieme at an auction. Marty got to telling me what he was planning on taking. Marty knew I already had photo's of his machines on file, so all I had to do was pull the file.

It's a good thing there are 24 minutes worth of interstate between the Thieme farm and my place. Otherwise I'd always be there and never be home. Marty and Marsha wouldn't care, back at the shop there are chairs for visitors because visitors are frequent. At the house Marsha would be ready to put another place at the table if you were there around meal time. Then out in the tool sheds and barns a vast array of IH tractors and equipment, most of it is farm fresh. The paint may be original, but Marty and Mat have been able over the years to pick up some top notch original models. Even the old H's and M's that they have picked up, if they are rustie they are unique enough that you can't help but admire the tractor in it's original condition. Oh I forgot to mention all the Cub Cadets. the basement of the house is full of them. Yea, 24 minutes is just enough that I can get down there pretty quick, but far enough away that I'm not always in their hair and tending to my own business.

Marty tells me that one of the tractors he intends to take to LaPorte is his 1456. Marty was saying on Saturday that his 14 won't shine up like a lot of the others in the Muscle Tractor Corral. I reminded Marty that not all the ones that shine are still working on a regular basis to earn there keep. Marty's 14 is a good one. I know that tractor is turning more ponies the what the factory rated them at, but it's not throwing out a ridiculous number when put on the dino either. It's just a good solid tractor. So when you walking through the muscle tractors and you come across a farm fresh 1456 still dressed in it's work cloths keep in mind, this one is still earn it's keep on a regular basis.

100_1406.jpg

Now for today's photo clue of our mystery tractor. The clues will be getting a little easier, trust me.

100_1420.jpg

If you can guess what the tractor is, how rare it might be and whether or not it is a "valuable" tractor I will feature it tomorrow. If not I guess I'll have to feature some letter series and give you the nest clue on the Mystery Tractor.

Like I said yesterday it's time we featured some Letter Series. Smoker Family Farmall's have in their collection a very unique tractor. Well actually it's two tractors. Jerry calls it the Double Header. The Double Header consist of 2- 1953 Louisville Super M's hitch together using an after market tandem hitch. Back in the 50's and 60's probably every farmer knew of someone who put together a tandem hitch of tractors so they could pull more implements at one time. In Just a few hours Jerry can take the hitch apart and have two separate tractors. But who would want to. In this day and age the Double header is quite a show piece. One question I have is, Jerry if you and Kelly were to take the double header out for a Sunday ride, who would be on the front tractor.

SmokerFamilyFarmallsDoubleHeader.jpg

BJ sent me an email yesterday with the correct answer to the question as far as what the mystery is. But I am going to give the rest of you one more chance to guess what this tractor is, and whether or not it is rare and valuable. So if you think you know what the tractor is post your answer right here. I will feature the mystery tractor tomorrow. Here's today's clue.

100_1419.jpg

Much of the corn belt got rain earlier this week so many of you aren't in the field at the moment. So if you would take a moment to send me a photo of what your going to haul to Red Power Roundup 2010 so I can feature it in the countdown. send your photo's to

schlegelpj@yahoo.com

News Flash:

This email came to me yesterday from Tom McCormick. You remember Tom's 1939 H was featured previously.

IMG00140.jpg

May 4 2010

As of 12:30 - 1am this morning with a few coughs and wheeze’s the engine purred back to life that was saved from a fate of rotting and seizing in the middle of a pasture a few years ago. While I still have a lot of work to do before Red Power Round Up, She may be in her “Work Clothes” but she will be able to join the rest of her Brothers and sisters at the show.

Tom McCormick

We are 49 days, 23 hrs a way from the opening of RPRU 2010 at the time of this post.

Pat - Is that the 656 Utility GD that was at Mile Of IH Tractors Plowing? Owned by the Theimes or BZ.

jerry

Correct Jerry. At the time you saw it at the mile Marty was the owner of the international 656 HYDRO Gold Demo. At some time in the past 12 months Marty pulled an Eason and sold it to BZ when he was made an offer that couldn't be refused. The plan was that Marty and Matt would do the restoration on the tractor in time for LaPorte. There are a couple of wrenches that got thrown into the works though. To start we had that wet late fall harvest. Then After the first of the year they had to stop work on the tractor to do remodeling on Matt's house that up until now had been used as a rental, in preparation for the future Mrs. Matt Thieme. Then there was a wedding. Now Both of the big work hosses at the Thieme farm are on a self destruct mode and sitting in the shop leaving Marty and Matt with the 1456 and a yellow wheeled tractor to do spring planting. Spring planting is way late because of all this activity. Sooooo, it's real doubtfull that the 656 will be done For LaPorte. Time will tell.

Correct Jerry. At the time you saw it at the mile Marty was the owner of the international 656 HYDRO Gold Demo. At some time in the past 12 months Marty pulled an Eason and sold it to BZ when he was made an offer that couldn't be refused. The plan was that Marty and Matt would do the restoration on the tractor in time for LaPorte. There are a couple of wrenches that got thrown into the works though. To start we had that wet late fall harvest. Then After the first of the year they had to stop work on the tractor to do remodeling on Matt's house that up until now had been used as a rental, in preparation for the future Mrs. Matt Thieme. Then there was a wedding. Now Both of the big work hosses at the Thieme farm are on a self destruct mode and sitting in the shop leaving Marty and Matt with the 1456 and a yellow wheeled tractor to do spring planting. Spring planting is way late because of all this activity. Sooooo, it's real doubtfull that the 656 will be done For LaPorte. Time will tell.

To add more to the story, BZ told me today the yellow wheeled tractor took a dump also. Matt & Marty are pulling their hair out and turning wrenches overtime.

jerry

Well do to the fact that the 656 Gold Demo probably won't make the show it can't be today's feature. I can still show a picture of it. But a long with it I need to feature one of BZ's tractors that will make the show. So here's a photo of what the 656 looked like before they started on it.

100_1298.jpg

Now for today's feature I'll share with you BZ's Farmall 140. It is one sweet little little tractor.

BZs140.jpg

Were down to 48 days guys!!!!

FORTY EIGHT DAYS??????????? There is no way I can be ready in time.

Howard - You best get the lead out, we're not changing the dates.

jerry

47Days!!!!!!

When I get and email form some one with a picture of something that is coming to Red Power and they name is not Old Max or Smoker_1, I want to work them in asap. I still have 46 days to work in the rest of the Favorite and Smoker Collections. Which brings up the promotion.

Send me your picture... SEND IT NOW.....

If you send me a picture of what you intend to bring to Red Power Roundup I will include it into the count down asap just like today's photo. Send your picture to

schlegelpj@yahoo.com

I suppose you want to see a picture now????

Linda and Bill Olin {ny bill o} sent me today's photo of his 1926 Regular. Linda took this photo this last April at the plow day. The tractor will be switched to cutoffs and rubber prior to the show so the tractor can move around on the grounds. Bill I presume you using cutoffs, am I right. Bill also says that his brother mike is bringing a 1930 regular at last report.

BillOlins1926regular_plowing2.jpg

I really do need to get a Regular or F Series in my collection. :blink: It is my birthday!!!! That would be an NICE present.... Any one take the hint??? :rolleyes:

Now for some bad news from Tom McCormick about his 1939 H

Bad News… After adding Antifreeze I found unfortunately a crack in the block that I now have her torn all the way back down next step to locate a 39 block I am trying to keep her as original as possible if you know of any one please let me know. Now it will be a miracle if she makes it to the show.

Tom

If anyone knows where a block for a 1939 H is located you can email Tom at

mccormickthomas@embarqmail.com

Thanks guys

pat, i have a 1929 regular that has steel wheels with the lugs taken off, and the tread (sidewalls cut off) from a tractor tire bolted to the face of the wheel so it can run on pavement. those wheels are what will be coming to the roundup on the '26. probably won't ride any better than lugs. good thing it has a better aftermarket seat suspension.

the eventual plan is to put on a set of f&h 36" rims but they need some attention before i put tires on them, so rubber tires will have to wait. corn planting and first cutting need to get done first.

happy birthday, pat.

46 Days!!!!

Just over a week ago I asked Max to send me photo's of the toy trailer. Some of the toys date back to when Max was a boy and his dad had bought them for him. A few are exclusive dealer toys, were given out to the IH dealers when they attended the dealer meeting where the latest line of equipment was unveiled. Some are just sandbox models some are precision collectibles. Max's show display is carefully worked around the trailer. Big boy toys all around, little boy toys inside to please the young and the young at heart.

Toytrailer2.jpg

Toytrailer3.jpg

Toytrailer5.jpg

The toy trailer has become a popular stopping place for Red Power Forum members when ever they see it at a show. With extra law chairs under the awning it's a pleasant place to stop and take a break and meet other forum members.

Toytrailer6.jpg

Toytrailer7.jpg

So when you come to Red Power Roundup 2010 be sure to look for the Max Favorite Toy Trailer. Stop in and sit a spell after you take a look at Max's toys

Toytrailer8.jpg

45 Days!!!!

It's Sunday morning so I want to take just a little twist and talk about the celebrities That will be appearing at Red Power Roundup. Orion Samuelson and Max Armstrong will Be at the show on June 24 and be broadcasting their show live from Red Power Roundup from 11:00 to 12: noon.

20e4b6fbfd828372.jpg

cma-06-54.jpg

As we all know Max is an IH Man to the bone and has been working to acquire some of his family's tractors. More then likely you've seen this Armstrong Family tractor.

MaxArmstrongsFamlySuperH.jpg

I have not heard that any of Max's tractors will be at the show, but I suppose there is the possibility.

Now did you know that Orin has red roots too. I don't know all the details, but I guess that Max helped find the Samuelson Family F 20 a few years back. This is what it looked like when they found it.

oriontractorbeforeNS.jpg

This is what it looks like now.

oriontractorafterNS.jpg

2009 Miss Indiana- Miss America, Katie Stam will also be appearing on June 24th. Katie grew up on a dairy farm near Seymour, IN. It is said that her family is Red but unfortunately you can't find any pictures of her 4-H days or the like on the web.

MissIndiana.jpg

My guess is that after the 24th you will be able to find a photo or two on the web of Katie with a Red tractor. What's more if it is true about her family using Red tractors, CIH will be wise to get a pomo photo or two with her.

We still have lots of time to feature what your bringing to Red Power. All You have to do is send me an email with the attached photo. So send it to the link below and I will include your photo in the count down.

Email me

Howard I haven't heard that Max's or Orin's tractors will be at the show. I may be mistaken but I thought I heard once that Orin donated the Samuelson family tractor to a museum, but I might be incorrect on that. It would definitely be a privilege to have their tractors included in the show. I imagine you could find a spot for the F 20 under the big top.

44 days!!!

This morning I want to feature Kurt Smith's Mini 826 Hydro. The mini 826 has been featured in Red Power Magazine and on the Red Power Forum. Below is what Kurt has to say about the tractors in the photo.

Attached are 4 pictures of the tractor I plan on bringing to the Roundup. I'm only going to be able to bring the little 826 that I built from a Cub Cadet 125. I don't have a truck and trailer to haul a large tractor.

The real 826 is my parents that they bought new in 1969, and has over 12,000 hours on it. I spent about 800 - 900 hours running it when I was a teenager. I just repainted it, along with the 1941 Model A that my Grandpa, and Great Grandpa bought new.

I built the little one to use around my home. I've made a 3 point hitch for it and have a 12 inch moldboard plow, and a 42 inch roto tiller to work our 30x70' garden.

I think I'll only be able to come for one day, and don't know what day that will be yet.

mini826.jpg

mini826-2.jpg

mini826-3.jpg

mini826-4.jpg

Also More news day before yesterday from Tom McCormick on his 1939 Farmall H. Below is the email he send me on the latest on the engine.

All my not be a loss I had a friend of mine over the other night after the bad news and he is very confident we can save her and still get her to the show J That would be some awesome news!!! Any how we started to “seal” the crack tonight see photo’s hopefully after another coat and some additional work she can still make it to the show. I will keep you and our followers posted

Tom

IMG00235.jpg

IMG00236.jpg

IMG00237.jpg

IMG00238.jpg

No doubt there will be more to come on the progress of bringing this old girl back to life.

Once again I'm going to invite you to send me photos of what you intend to haul to LaPorte for Red Power Roundup. Just click on the link like Kurt did and send me an email, attach a photo or two of what your going to bring to Roundup. Then I will feature it in the countdown. Just click on the link below, it's that easy.

Email me

43 Days!!!!!

What would Red Power Roundup be without a few 68 series tractors in the lineup. Even though there are those that feel the 68 series feel short as a working tractor, they are always a crowd pleaser in parades and tractor shows. I know of tow that will be at Red Power, I'm sure there will be more, But I haven't heard if RWalker is taking his or if IHMan 1468 is taking his. And of course there are several others that could show up. But I do know that Old Max and BZ Tractor are both bringing theirs. It is king of entrusting to compare the two. Max's bought his out of a salvage yard, it was suppose to have a bad motor and came with a a used bus engine. As it turned out the original engine was savable. Max like several others removed the cab and made his tractor an open station tractor with ROPS and canopy. The tractor got the detail and paint that Max's collection is known for.

Maxs1468.jpg

BZ on the other hand found a beautiful original model. Bob is leaving the cab on his 1468 because he intends for this tractor to be his tractor drive tractor. It can rain, it can be hot, or cold and it doesn't matter Bob will be riding it a cabbed tractor with operating heat and air. As you can tell by the picture the Ac unit on Bob's tractor is after market. Kind of nice to see someone who is leaving the cab on the 66-68 series like Bob is.

BZs1468.jpg

I need to make a correction this morning, Kurt Smith's mini 826 Hydro has been been featured in Cadet Connection and hasn't been in the Red Power Magazine. My mistake. But then again after LaPorte it may end up in Red Power.

RWalker, Wilson or anyone else for that mater. If you would like to send me a photo of what your bringing to LaPorte I will include it in the countdown. Just use the link below to email me.

Email me

Pat, have you heard how many people are pre-registered???

Matt

Pat, have you heard how many people are pre-registered???

Matt

Matt,

If I rember right its around 200. I forgot to jot that down when the report was given. ^_^

42 Days!!!!

We hadn't featured the hundred or fifty series yet on the count down so this morning is a good as any to do so. Representing the hundred series is David Allen Hodson's {Cougar's son's} 400. When the Hodson family loss their home to fire a few years ago the 400 and The Lady were sitting in the drive way to the side of the house. The paint on both tractors was basically burnt off from the heat along with plastic items on both tractors melted. Well after Cougar got the estimate for having both tractors freshened up, David started having a few problems with the insurance company which would have liked for David to scrap out the tractors. David and the insurance co finally came to an agreement but it sure didn't come up to what the estimate was to have the tractors repainted by an experienced restorer. It the mean time The tractors are starting to rust from loosing their paint and sitting in Indiana winter weather. So David ended up repainting the tractors him self with the 400 being his first attempt at painting. David will be the first to admit that it's not the best paint job, but he just had to do something to stop the rust and is hoping that in time they will be able to give the 400 a proper paint job. The last I knew David was still hoping to get the 400 up to LaPorte along with his daughters 460, if time and fuel money allow. The way the price of diesel is going up that is a big question.

DavidAllenHodsons400.jpg

Old Max sent me this picture of his 450 Diesel, so I am going to have to presume that it will be on the semi on one of the loads headed to LaPorte. I know Max would like to have his whole collection at LaPorte. But it's a 4 hr drive round trip for Max, and to get the whole collection to Red Power would mean several trips with the semi. So Max has had to pick and chose what is going and what it staying home and it still comes down to several trips. Just think, the 7488 is one run by it's self. The 720, 8 bottom on land plow is not that heavy but will be a load buy it's self. Four Gold Demo's will make one load. The 1468, 1206, and 560, The 450 would finish out this load if there isn't something else scheduled to go on.

Maxs450.jpg

Pat,

I need to correct you on 1 little thing over the 400 and the Lady. The Lady got painted first as she was in the worst condition, but Thanks for posting the pictures your doing a great job.

David

Pat,

You did feature a 100 series tractor already. Grandpa's Farmall 100. :D Also Max is gonna haul Grandpa's 100 for me so add that to the list of items going out. Also I think there is another plow going out. And don't forget the dozer, that's 1 trip by itself. It might be July 4 before everything gets brought home :D

Pat,

You did feature a 100 series tractor already. Grandpa's Farmall 100. :D Also Max is gonna haul Grandpa's 100 for me so add that to the list of items going out. Also I think there is another plow going out. And don't forget the dozer, that's 1 trip by itself. It might be July 4 before everything gets brought home :D

BJ, Grandpa Coolman's Farmall 100 was featured on page 3, but we can include it again.

JBKline.jpg

So max is up to at least 6 or 7 semi loads of RED IRON :blink: !!!