Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ole three bottom

Count Down to Red Power Roundup!!!!!!!

Pat,

Thanks for featuring us today. There is a reason this picture was taken from this angle. The other side of the block needs to be repainted where the carb leaked about the first year we had it all restored. I am hoping to get this repainted before the show. I want it to look as good as it can :wub:

We might need to start a new thread just to talk about how helpful and what an asset FarmallFan is to this forum. I for one really appreciate how he helps keep everything straight. When you have a bunch of old farmer types (old farts) like most of us it helps to have someone with computer savy brains to keep us between the ditches. Not to mention he has to be a great guy just for putting up with and hanging around Ole Max.

[quote name='High Cotton' date='26 April 2010 -

Not to mention he has to be a great guy just for putting up with and hanging around Ole Max.

Randy

Be careful what you say, BJ thinks I'm OK don't want hem to know the whole story.

How is the restore on 1026 Gold Demo coming? Would love to have it in LaPorte this summer. It's time you post some pictures of that barn full of red tractors for us.

Email Pat and he well post them on the count down.

Max

BJ Thanks for editing, and editing a second time my post. I went through today and looked at some of my previous post and edited them for errors. I normally have to get up in the middle of the night any way. So it's a good time to do the count down so Smoker_1 doesn't have to jump my case like he did during the tillage festival countdown. Any way I caught a lot of typo's that the spell checker didn't get. Eyes and typing fingers must not work as well together at those hours as I thought they were. :blush: Any way I saw your edit and thought, did I do that? I had deleted the original email so I couldn't recall that it is your grandpa Coolman. :blush:

Randy, IF your bringing something to LaPorte, I need to include it in the countdown. SEND ME PICTURES....

well i'll say this now

i won't be able to go this year so get those camera's charged and more film and take lots of pictures cause i would like to see lots of pics

[quote name='High Cotton' date='26 April 2010 -

Not to mention he has to be a great guy just for putting up with and hanging around Ole Max.

Randy

Be careful what you say, BJ thinks I'm OK don't want hem to know the whole story.

How is the restore on 1026 Gold Demo coming? Would love to have it in LaPorte this summer. It's time you post some pictures of that barn full of red tractors for us.

Email Pat and he well post them on the count down.

Max

What Gold Demo? What barn full of Red? I show you a few teaser pictures and here you go wanting more.

Randy

You're doing fine, Pat! I check it out every morning around 4 AM and have yet to be disapointed.

jerry

Pat,

its 1:13 AM (don't ask what I'm doing up at this hour when I have to be on the bus at 6:30) figured you'd have the next picture, guess i check back later. I know it'lll be a good one, and Thanks for doing this.

Smoker_1 had already sent me this photo of the Smokin 1256 to use for the countdown.

100_1562.jpg

But then a couple things happened. First off, after I posted the photo of Smoker Family Farmalls W 30, Jerry gave me a reminder that it wasn't his tractor, It belongs to Jerry and Kelli Smoker. That's why The Sign on each of the Smoker tractors says Smoker Family Farmalls. A lot of tractor collections are "His tractors", "His toys", and the wife of the collector has her own entrust. That's not the case at the Smoker house hold, Jerry and Kelli share in this hobby. If you go to a chapter #33 meeting you'll hear Kelli reporting on any project she is working on as well as the chapter's website which Kelli maintains. {Which if I may add in my mind is second to none as far as the chapter websites go.} If Jerry decides to take a tractor out for a Sunday afternoon drive, Kelly may very well fire up one of the other tractors to go along.

The second thing that happened is Jerry send me another photo of the Smokin 1256, which he titled "The Keeper". That photo says a lot to me about the relationship that Smoker_1 and Smoker_2 have.

keeper_1.jpg

Jerry says the smokin 1256 will be heading up the Muscle Tractor Corral. As President of chapter #33 if he want that tractor at the head of the line it will probably happen. But the thing is OLD Max is responsible for staging the tractor displays, and if Max were to want his 1206 to be at the head... Well I guess you'll just have to come to Red Power to see.

This just in from The Cow Board. Puff the Magic Dragon will be at Red Power Roundup 2010. No not the dragon that lived by the sea. This puff is the Farmall F 20 that was completely restored during Red Power Roundup 2009 at Madison, Wisconsin. No doubt the F 20 will be front and center at The Cow Board's State Fair desplay.

NebraskaCowmansF-20.jpg

I will remember Red Power Roundup 2006 for as long as I live. To make a long story short, Old Max invited me to attend RPRU at Mansfield, OH with him. I would help him with His display, and be responsible for Max's 7488. For the Show the 7488 Would be "MY" tractor. I felt like the boy at Christmas that got everything he asked for and more. So Max and I did Mansfield together.

2006_Mansfield_RPRU_006.jpg

Part of my responsibility was to get the 74 through the parade each day, you want to talk about a challenge, the 74 is a dream to handle, but add the pedestrians, and golf carts and it's a challenge with duels all the way around.

100_1215.jpg

100_1224.jpg

A few times since Max has asked me when I'd be ready to do another show, The 7488 hasn't been out to one in a while. My response the last time he asked that was that I intended to make LaPorte. So Be sure to look up Max and I and check out "Our" 7488. This year Max is planning to display it with an 8 bottom 720 plow that he's bought just in case Wilson and Marty ever host another tillage festival.

2006_Mansfield_RPRU_007.jpg

Pat,

I'm jealous, good thing I'll have the Lady there to keep me ocupied LOL.

Keep up the good work and Thanks.

David

I will remember Red Power Roundup 2006 for as long as I live. To make a long story short, Old Max invited me to attend RPRU at Mansfield, OH with him. I would help him with His display, and be responsible for Max's 7488. For the Show the 7488 Would be "MY" tractor. I felt like the boy at Christmas that got everything he asked for and more. So Max and I did Mansfield together.

Part of my responsibility was to get the 74 through the parade each day, you want to talk about a challenge, the 74 is a dream to handle, but add the pedestrians, and golf carts and it's a challenge with duels all the way around.

100_1215.jpg

100_1224.jpg

A few times since Max has asked me when I'd be ready to do another show, The 7488 hasn't been out to one in a while. My response the last time he asked that was that I intended to make LaPorte. So Be sure to look up Max and I and check out "Our" 7488. This year Max is planning to display it with an 8 bottom 720 plow that he's bought just in case Wilson and Marty ever host another tillage festival.

Hey Pat, I will always remember the '06 RPRU for as long as I live too, it was my first RPRU & my first time in meeting you, Max, and many other Red Power forum members.

In the second picture looking at the front of the 7488, I think I see Jere's Super C on the left, I'm pretty sure it's his because IIRC he was parked next to that Cub with a lot of chrome trim.

I also wish to thank you for taking the time to post these pictures for the countdown since I may not be able to attend LaPorte this year because of too many irons in the fire.

Hey Pat, I will always remember the '06 RPRU for as long as I live too, it was my first RPRU & my first time in meeting you, Max, and many other Red Power forum members.

In the second picture looking at the front of the 7488, I think I see Jere's Super C on the left, I'm pretty sure it's his because IIRC he was parked next to that Cub with a lot of chrome trim.

I also wish to thank you for taking the time to post these pictures for the countdown since I may not be able to attend LaPorte this year because of too many irons in the fire.

Hoot, hope you can find the time to come out!!

BJ felt that after I featured "MY" Favorite tractor yesterday that featuring "HIS" Favorite tractor was in order. Why not, I need to post something for everyday of the countdown. So now's as good a time as any to feature Old Max's 656 HYDRO Gold Demo .

I'm guessing about the same time that Max discovered Gold in his hand{ His 1456}, ChrisNY told us here on the forum of a Gold Demo he knew of locally that was available. Through Chris's help Max closed the deal and sent his son Tim {John Deere} so retrieve the 656. This Gold Demo was some what unique in that it is one of the few that escaped the paint gun at purchase. So still sporting it's gold paint that was now faded to an almost rustie white the tractor was a ghostly sight. But once in the Favorite shop beside the 1456 the 656's transformation began. If I remember correctly BJ first became part of the Favorite support team at the tillage festival. Max gave him the 656 to pilot because of it's ease of operation. Then BJ was Madison your first Red Power Roundup on the support team? At any rate when ever BJ is around Max refers the 656 as BJ's tractor. So this morning we feature BJ's Favorite tractor.

IH656HyrdoGold.jpg

100_1367.jpg

Here is link to the topic that the shows "my" tractor in its original state. http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29281&st=0&p=273036&hl=widow&fromsearch=1entry273036 I remember reading this topic and thinking "boy i wish this tractor was closer." Little did I know how much closer it would end up. The second pic with me on the tractor was taken at Chapter 33's 2008 summer show. The 656 was just out of the paint shop then and Max was nice enough to let me take it for a spin around the grounds. Then I got to ride as co-pilot most of the day with ChrisNY at the 2008 Tillage Festival and got to make a round or two behind the wheel. Then last summer at Madison Max told me to think of it as my tractor for the week. :wub:

Lets get away from the Favorite collection today, and we'll even steer away from the Gold Demo's. But we will stay with the model year of 1970. That was the year that today's feature was manufactured. Today I want to feature a 1970 Farmall 544 Hydro. The tractor is currently owned by Eugene Hodson, {Cougar's Dad}. Eugene bought this tractor in 2006 at the Chapter #7 tillage festival. The 544 is still in it's original work cloths and equipped with gasoline engine and Fast Hitch. According to Cougar His dad plans to park the 544 with the tractors from Chapter #7.

RED_POWER_PREVIEW_003.jpg

Your coming to Red Power Roundup aren't you? Your going to bring along a tractor, truck, some farm implement or dairy equipment. Maybe an IH refrigerator or M1 rifle. Well I'd like to include what you intend to bring to LaPorte for RPRU in the countdown. Send me a photo or two and a little description by email at

schlegelpj@yahoo.com

Send me some photo's and I will include them in the countdown. Thanks

100_1215.jpg

100_1224.jpg

Any chance we could get a close up of that poster? I love these tractors! :wub: Did that super that was for sale about a year ago ever find a new home?? Sid

100_1215.jpg

100_1224.jpg

Any chance we could get a close up of that poster? I love these tractors! :wub: Did that super that was for sale about a year ago ever find a new home?? Sid

Sorry, I don't have the poster, Max dose. Come to LaPorte and you can check out the poster and the tractor itself. Note that this 7488 never had the chrome straight pipe or the STS badge on the side of the hood. There is a story behind that. Come to Red Power Roundup and learn the story.

As far as the Super that was for sale a year ago, Max and Wilson are keeping register's on the super series and would have a better Idea as to where it is then I would.

Today we want to feature Tom McCormick's 1939 Farmall H. Tom's H is a project in the works. He tells us that the tractor may not be in new paint by Red Power Roundup, but is will be running like a Swiss watch. Tom is the President of his own Electrical contracting co. so sometimes his free time to devote to the H is limited.

OTB, Do you have the serial number of this H? I'm just curious. OBGwink.gif

IMG00141.jpg

IMG00140.jpg

IMG00139.jpg

Big pictures first time this morning, I'm happy!! biggrin.gif

Gary, I do not have the serial number for Tom's H. I will try to remember to send him an email later on today and see if I can get it. ;)

NEWS FLASH:

This just in at the news desk. Heritage Iron Magazine will be at Red Power Roundup 2010. This award winning magazine in it's second year is already exceeding the publishers expectations for the magazine which focuses on tractors and agricultural products built during what has come to be known as the muscle tractor era. Be sure to stop by and greet editor Sherry Schaefer. No doubt Heritage Iron Magazine will be set up in the Muscle Tractor Coral.

Heritage Iron Magazine

HeritageIronMagazine.jpg

100_1215.jpg

100_1224.jpg

Sorry, I don't have the poster, Max dose. Come to LaPorte and you can check out the poster and the tractor itself. Note that this 7488 never had the chrome straight pipe or the STS badge on the side of the hood. There is a story behind that. Come to Red Power Roundup and learn the story.

As far as the Super that was for sale a year ago, Max and Wilson are keeping register's on the super series and would have a better Idea as to where it is then I would.

Thanks!

I've got the itch to come to the roundup, but I don't know if I'll be able to get the time off :( Sid

OTB,

Thank you for checking that out for me. Probably since I own one, but I like checking out all 1939 IH tractors, as I've always been enthused by them and their unique features. They're kind of like finding one of the first 2500 Model T Fords. More different little gadgets than you can shake a stick at! Thanks again for taking time to find out for me!

OBGwink.gif