Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ole three bottom

Count Down to Red Power Roundup!!!!!!!

This is the official countdown to Red Power 2010. In just 60 days the gates to the LaPorte County Fairgrounds will open to the public for the first morning of Red Power Roundup 2010. For the next sixty days we will be counting down to the opening of the gates whit photo's of the exhibits that will be awaiting you. To start the count down I present to you the Chapter #33 Feature Tractor for RPRU 2010, The International W400D.

W400FeatureTractor.jpg

The W400 D will be sold at auction on Friday, June 25. The proceeds will go toward the IHCC chapter #33's Scholarship Endowment Fund.

Here's a link to the restoration photo's

W400 D restoration

IF you plan on attending Red Power Roundup and wish to have photo's of your exhibit included in the countdown there is still time. Send your photos to

schlegelpj@yahoo.com

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh yea this is gonna be fun

ONLY 60 DAYS!!ohmy.gif It's hard to believe???

Great start, Pat.

jerry

According to Chapter 33's site its 65 days I think you started a week early :unsure:

Ooops!!!! We go into a hold pattern!!!!! :o That's what you were trying to tell me yesterday.... :blush: I guess I'm just excited to get started, and ready for another month to be over.. Or shall we go with a 65 day count down?? Someone make a call.

Well That gives everyone another week to get pictures to me!!!!

Send your pictures to schlegelpj@yahoo.com

If you have enough pics, start it early.

Ooops!!!! We go into a hold pattern!!!!! :o That's what you were trying to tell me yesterday.... :blush: I guess I'm just excited to get started, and ready for another month to be over.. Or shall we go with a 65 day count down?? Someone make a call.

Pat

Just keep on going, it is official 65 day count down. We are lined up and ready to go.

---------------post-268-127169969557_thumb.jpg

Max

sweet I'm ready lets go

This morning I want to make note that back in the day LaPorte, Indiana was the Home of the Advance Rumely Thresher Co. Starting in the 1850's the company turned out threshing machines, steam traction engines, and eventually tractors. Rumely was to the economy of LaPorte what IH was to the economy of Chicago.

Rumley.jpg

That said, on June 24th when the gates open to Red Power Roundup 2010 at LaPorte This is the sign that will be standing tall over the LaPorte County Fair Grounds.

Maxssign3.jpg

Very seldom do you still see IH signage from the early 1980's But a chapter #33 member has one and it will be on display at Red Power.

This morning we Have a photo of Jerry and Kelli Smoker's 1935 W 30.

JerrysW30.jpg

My guess is that Jerry will park this tractor over at the The Cowboard's pre 1939 State Fair Display. Be sure to take it in when you attend Red Power Roundup.

1939 State Fair Display

June is not gonna get here soon enough

Well I learned something new this morning. Yahoo mail lets you see a thumbnail of the photo without opening the photo. Down load the thumbnail and it remains a thumbnail :angry: . That's something I'll have to fix...... <_<

That's better!!! :D You don't know what I've gone through this morning figuring out how to get the pictures to work the way I want them to. <_<

Today we want to feature Tom McCormick's 1939 Farmall H. Tom's H is a project in the works. He tells us that the tractor may not be in new paint by Red Power Roundup, but is will be running like a Swiss watch. Tom is the President of his own Electrical contracting co. so sometimes his free time to devote to the H is limited.

IMG00141.jpg

IMG00140.jpg

IMG00139.jpg

Big pictures first time this morning, I'm happy!! :D

M

My counter says 63 days 23 hours. But who cares? I am excited and as I will probably leave here Monday the 21st that's only 60 days anyhow.

Today I want to focus the countdown on the IHC Autowagons. The largest ever exhibit of International Harvester Hiwheeler(autowagon) vehicles will be at Red Power Round-up at La Porte. All years, 1907 to 1915 will be present. Clyde Berkshire, {one of the founding fathers of the International Harvester Collectors} is heading up getting as many of these existing autowagons as possible to La Porte for this first time convention of the IHC Hiwheelers.

RPRU HIGHWHEELERS

I have to admit that today's Photo's are down loaded off of the world wide web.

1912_International_Harvester_Motorw.jpg

IHHighWeeler.jpg

IHHighWeeler2.jpg

As of the April 11th meeting there have been 42 Hiwheelers confirmed to be coming to LaPorte.

cool, that's a goober and a bunch. There is an Auto Buggy at the Museum in McCook NE. I wonder if anyone knows it?

I found a never used stored in a barn forever corn stalk drill for the show. (well, I didn't find it but I ran across the owner who did)

Howard, It's a shame we probably won't be able to get this unit up there for you.

100_0312.jpg

100_0313.jpg

I believe it was part of Harry Lee's collection

It just wouldn't be the Red Power Roundup if we didn't have Cub Cadets. Dale and Lisa Merkle are planning on bring some of theirs. They were happy to share these photo's with us today of their Cub Cadet 70 on the right in the photo's and their Cub Cadet 100. The Cub Cadet 70 has been in Lisa's family since it was bought new in 1965. They claim it helped to pay off a mortgage on a straw berry-blue berry farm. What a testimony to the hard working International Harvester Cub Cadet

UD224a.jpg

UD221.jpg

Let me remind everyone that if you intend on bringing an item to Red Power Roundup and would like to have it featured in the countdown. Send me a picture of it to me at

schlegelpj@yahoo.com

I will be glad to work your item into the countdown.It doesn't matter what it is, if International Harvester made it and it's headed to Red Power Roundup I'd love to include it.

Our buddy Cougar 766 got to taste his first Red Power Roundup Last year at Madison, Wisconsin. It made an impression, He's been waiting for Red Power like a kid waiting for Christmas. It's still a little up in the air how many tractors the Hodson family will be hauling to Red Power but on thing is for sure The Lady will be on the first haul. The Lady won't be the strongest or the biggest, No she won't even be the sleekest. But when she rolled down the assembly line at IH the boys on the line put a spirit in that tractor, I know I've seen her at work. Some of you may know what I'm talking about. The lady is the kind of tractor that will give and give, she's the kind of tractor that makes us call ourselves RED MEN. So today on the count down gentlemen I give you The Lady.

TheLady.jpg

Thanks Pat, she is deffinatly a Lady and she gets treated like one

Old Max caught Gold Fever at Mansfield, Ohio in the summer of 2006. Little did he know that he already had gold on the farm. Then one day he looked at the old 1456 in a little different light and it hit him that he had struck Gold!! When Max started the 14's restoration he decided that he wanted the 14 to end up looking like the 1456 used in a flier he had for the Gold Demo Promotion. The old cabbed 14 became an open station with 2 post ROPS with canopy. I think Max has even worked on photographing the tractor at the same angle as IH did the one they used for the flier.

1456_gold_demo_043.jpg

I'm guessing that the 1456 will be siting at the head of the line at the Gold Mine. This could quite possibly be the largest gathering of Gold Demonstrators to date. So I'm sure you don't want to miss it. Just one thing I gotta warn you Gold Fever is one of the most acute forms of Tractor Bug known to man . Once you get around that Gold you get the feeling that you have to have some. Gold Fever is not easily treated, and there is only one cure for it. Learn more at the Gold Mine this June at Red Power Roundup.

According to the counter on the Chapter #33 sight we are just 59 days away.

Original flier introducing the gold demo's

---------post-268-127219739848_thumb.jpg

Mansfield, OH 2006 was the first time I got to meet BJ Kline {FarmallFan} face to face. He made the trip down to the Chapter #7 tillage festival with Max. Then we met again last year at Madison. Always ready to post a link to a photo or some information pertaining to the topic being discussed FarmallFan is one of the most helpful people here on the forum. His computer skills also enable him to be of help to those here on the forum that are not so computer savvy. All of these things no doubt were taken into account when Red Power decided to add JB on to the Moderating team. Being part of Max's show support team the 656 Gold Demo has been assigned as BJ's Tractor, But Bj is going to have even more responsibility this year at LaPorte. BJ and His Grandpa Coolman are bringing grandpa's Farmall 100 to the show. My guess is It will be parked close to Max's toy trailer, so be looking for the Farmall 100 and BJ.

JBKline.jpg

The countdown on the Chapter #33 website says 58 days, 22 hrs 28 minutes till we open the gates.

Hauling something to Red Power? Let me include it in the count down preview. Send me your photo's at

schlegelpj@yahoo.com

I will be happy to include you photo's in the countdown.