Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark (EC,IN)

New Forum

Certainly is a different look. I thought I"d landed on the wrong forum at first but I guess this is "home" now.

Certainly is a different look. I thought I"d landed on the wrong forum at first but I guess this is "home" now.

Hi Guys,

I'm still in the middle of updating the forum. Since we've upgraded the forum software, we have to rebuild the database of posts, PMs, etc, which is taking a bit.

Once this is done, I'll work on changing the forum colors to more closely match the Red Power theme.

Thanks for your patience!

Eric

It went from blue to pink in a heartbeat. I hope it retains something similar to the old look, as this style, as it appears now, gives me a headache.

I bet it changes more than this, yeah, its red & pink now, but I see it's still a 'generic' Invision Power forum. Eric probably has some fine-tuning to do. That takes long enough to do on a tractor, who knows how long it takes on a web forum! :wacko:

I'm sure they will get it all ironed out.......likely to be some changes but one thing I would like to see from other sites is when you hold the cursor over a topic it gives you the first few actual words of the thread.......can save a lot of wasted time if your not really interested in something.

First time in the Pink Easterland... Just when I thought I had most of the old veiw of the forum firgured out. Oh well, new is OK, I guess... Serenity now, serenity now...

I guess... Serenity now, serenity now...

:)

Hi Guys,

I promise I'll get rid of most of the pink. I'm still rebuilding some data, so I'll work on this as soon as I'm done.

While it won't look exactly as it had before, I'll spiff it up shortly so it's not so headache-inducing. :)

Thanks for your patience!

Eric

By the way, some of the design changes will be incremental, so it's likely that you'll see smaller changes happening over the course of an hour or two.

I'll post when I get started and again when I finish.

Thanks,

Eric

By the way, some of the design changes will be incremental, so it's likely that you'll see smaller changes happening over the course of an hour or two.

Thanks,

Eric

so far so good, just checking to see how the "reply" works...

one thing I will say, the print seems kinda small (and I'm a youngster compared to some of the guys :unsure: )

You can change the size yourself. In your preferences folder. And or what is that button on a PC????? On a mac you press open apple and the plus sign and everything instantly gets larger!

You can change the size yourself. In your preferences folder. And or what is that button on a PC????? On a mac you press open apple and the plus sign and everything instantly gets larger!

In most browsers on Windows and Linux, you can press Ctrl + + (that is: press and hold the Control (CTRL) key and hit the plus sign). To shrink, hit the minus sign instead.

I'm sure they will get it all ironed out.......likely to be some changes but one thing I would like to see from other sites is when you hold the cursor over a topic it gives you the first few actual words of the thread.......can save a lot of wasted time if your not really interested in something.

Same here. Would really like to see it done.

I'm kinda liking this. I like all the red.

I'm kinda liking this. I like all the red.

it is alot of red lol that's what we like!

GIG HARBOR?? That is only 120 miles from me.

Glad you're liking the changes so far. :) It is a lot of red, but I think it's pretty attractive. Personally, I like it much better than the old design. :)

Looking forward to more feedback.

GIG HARBOR?? That is only 120 miles from me.

Yep, Gig Harbor. :)

i like it. its good to change it up once in a while. i like the way the pics come up now when you click on them, kinda like NAT.

I like the look so far. The only thing I'm having trouble getting used to is figuring out which topics I have already read and which I haven't. Seems like the old design was easier to tell them apart.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric,

Will there be any capability to "search" by key words?

From a guy who caused you some angst perhaps?

Gary :blush:

The only thing I'm having trouble getting used to is figuring out which topics I have already read and which I haven't. Seems like the old design was easier to tell them apart.

Yeah, it takes a little getting used to. Basically, you can tell which you've read by looking at the coloring of the folders to the left of the forum threads. Once you've opened a folder, it gets a faded sort of look.

In this image, posts 2 (New Forum), 3, 4 & 10 have been viewed.

post-5850-126991247675_thumb.gif

Eric,

Will there be any capability to "search" by key words?

From a guy who caused you some angst perhaps?

Gary :blush:

Yes, absolutely. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you can search across the entire forum anytime using the search box in the upper right.

post-5850-126991280879_thumb.gif