Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bermuda_Ken

CASE 1370~~~~500 hours...coming up for sale

14 posts in this topic

The CASE collectors reading here might want to attend this farm sale and look over the 1370 w/ Cab that is supposed to have 550 1-owner hours on it. Tractors like that HAVE to be hard to find........ I have no connection to this sale, its just an F.Y.I.....

Click the link..... CASE 1370 sale

Holy Cow! Ya gotta wonder though- What would that be? An average of about 13 or 14 hours per year? :o Man, I just don't know.... Would be amazing if true.

....hope to hear how much it sells for. Someone who lives near to this sale please go and report!

Rick G.

I'd love that grain truck! post-1051-1268143186_thumb.jpg

I would wonder why that tractor would have so few hours . The rest of his stuff has been earning it's keep!

I would wonder why that tractor would have so few hours

He was probably afraid it would break. Heck, it's probably still on it's first rearend and transmission. :ph34r:

Yes, I know that's not very nice.

Maybe he just like the bark of the straight pipe'd open-stationed 1370 better!

Just how bad are those tractors? If you used it pulling a no till drill or similar, and not heavy duty tillage at low speeds, wouldn't it last just fine? How about on a forage harvester? I see some in SW Ontario still working for guys that are not load them down and pull them hard guys, they can't be that bad. Some people seem to love their cabs too, at least for the age. Wart where are you?

I'm the fourth owner of a 1370 in south west Ontario that has always been well maintaned but has worked hard all its life, currently its in the shop for an engine rebuild at 5200 hours. Looks to me that if you have a good maintenance program they will last as long and work as hard as any other tractor built in the 1970's. The 94 series had a lot of imporovements on them and were better but a 1370 is a tough old workhorse.

There's nothing wrong with 1370's, they will flat out pull. If I had to pick between a 1370 and 1586, I wouldn't be in the red one.

Maybe he just like the bark of the straight pipe'd open-stationed 1370 better!

I don't think that open station is a 1370, think it's a 1270. Side panels look like 1270, and the oil filter setup is right for an early 12 but not for a 13.

The tranny problem with the 70 series was really the power-shift. If the tractor was used for stationary PTO power like blowing silage the power shifter could not be in reverse. I've spent a few hours on a 970. I thought it was a good tractor. The guy that owned it used it for heavy tillage. The real problem with those tractors was the sleeve design. And a good machine shop could fix that problem and then you would have a 8-10k engine.

Heard alot of things bad about cases, but the engines in them were NOT one of them. Case built a good powerplant!

I'd love to have an open station 70 series some day. Think they look mean!

What was the problem with the sleeve design?

Nothing in there to really hold the sleeves. After a certain number of hours the sleeve would start moving up and down with the piston just a little thereby taking out the seals. We have a local guy that rebuilds em. He has the deck machined and uses an after market sleeve that winds up getting clamped between the head and the block fixing the problem. A good friend has had 2 970's done by this guy. One has about 8k on it now and going strong. Really nice tractor to run but they are short wheel base and tend to be a little light in the front without weights when doing heavy tillage.

Rick