IHC5488

3488 registry

was going thru some old forum topics and seen people keeping track of their tractors.

thought i would start a 3488 hydro registry, i have seen a lot of them on here so your help would be apprieciated.

2 down only 464 more to find!!!!

Just send me a PM or leave a message on the board here,

I would like just the serial number, hours, you name, where your from, and any other info you want to share.

Thanks, Matt

Welcome aboard fellow registry holder. I don't know of any around here right now, they do come and go though. I will definatley keep my eyes open. Good luck, I am guessing the last 300 or so are going to be pretty hard to find.

Matt, if you get a chance contact Jeff Showaker, He restores a lot of IH tractors. He has done several of the 3488's including a couple of numbers that are above the final build number as it is published in the books. We have sold several and parted out at least 2 of these over the years. Didn't realize the signifance of the lo build #'s at the time. Will see if we can find the paperwork.

PS I think you have chosen a great registry to compile!!

thanks Ed,

you got any phone numbers,,, just PM them over to me

Thanks, Matt

I bought the frontend and bloster off a low hour 3488 that had a cab fire back in around 1990 think it was Indaina I found it. Spent couple years calling salvage yards on and off then looking for 2wd front end for the 3088 used to change front ends after spring tillage and then put the 4wd back under it for fall. Makes me laugh now used to hear then 88's were to new don't have any salvaged......

thanks Ed,

you got any phone numbers,,, just PM them over to me

Thanks, Matt

717-776-5515 you might have to leave a message or two. always hard to get him on a phone but he has a lot of red iron in his blood!! We are fairly sure that he has had 3 3488 tractors with serial numbers above 1000, we sold one of them to him, not sure where he got the others. He has since sold them onto others but he knows where they went.

ed

was going thru some old forum topics and seen people keeping track of their tractors.

thought i would start a 3488 hydro registry, i have seen a lot of them on here so your help would be apprieciated.

I would like just the serial number, hours, you name, where your from, and any other info you want to share.

Thanks, Matt

Have a 3488 hydro 25600044000909 located in Last Chance Colorado .......6000 hrs...........cab number is 35805

Do you have ideal when was built and what year?

Thanks, Matt

Have a 3488 hydro 25600044000909 located in Last Chance Colorado .......6000 hrs...........cab number is 35805

Do you have ideal when was built and what year?

What is the highest number that is supposed to have been used? Does anyone on here have it? I know that the total build has been under dispute and I just wonder where the numbers really ended at.

ed

any chance of a picture of the plate on #909

last serial number recorded according to Ken is #966

started at 501 and ended at 966,

466 tractors

matt

466 with the 466.....easy to remember ;)

466 with the 466.....easy to remember ;)

I'll remember it from now on!!

ed

Here's ours I just had a chance today to check it out for you. Its number 548.

Here's a picture of it righ after we bought it. There are a few small things we need to do to it before we get it all painted up.

post-1274-1264983158_thumb.jpg

post-108-1265406259_thumb.jpgheres mine. ser. # 656.

F.Y.I.....We now carry the 3488 HYDRO model number decal at C&G. These are NLA from the "mothership".

See the link...

IH Decals

I have #652 in Hennessey Oklahoma. I bought it in 2000 from the CIH dealer in Garden City Kansas. They had 2 on the lot. They were bought new by the county and used for mowing. I have put a 2355 IH loader on it since and use it for loading hay.

i just saw on tractorhouse that 664 is in colfax ia for sale with mfwd at colfax tractor parts

Thanks for the number!!!!!!!!

doing real well with the registry.

alot of low numbers coming in, mostly in the 501-600 range.

keep them coming!!

Thanks, Matt

Hi, I have ih 3488 hydro #660, It is 2wd, has traction lock, has a turbo installed, 7600 hours.

Ken and Seth Foner

52970 S 54D

Niobrara, Ne 68760

post-7122-1268368860_thumb.jpg

I seen #838 is coming up on an auction in Merril, WI. I can remember where I seen the listing at right at this moment but if I find it I will post it.

Mark,,

let me know on that 3488 mfd? would like to se the sale bill on that one too..

when is that sale?

thanks, matt