Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnthehillIH

Denny's Carb shop ulitimate air system

Can anyon explain how the Ultimate Air system with the KN air filter goes on a Farmall 400. It comes with mounting hardware however i cannot figure how it goes. If there is a picture one mounted that would be goo should be the same mount for M 400 and 450. Thanks for the help and besure to take time away from tractors for Christmas.

If it was any one else you could just call and they would help you. You can rest assured that you WILL NOT recieve any help from Denny. I learned my lession buying a pair of govoners, and calling them for help. To say they were rude would be a gross underatatement. After trying to explain what I wanted the second time He hung up on me. Further calls went unanswered. I will never purchase from him or allow any of my customers do so.

I just hope you have much better luck than I did. :angry::angry:

If it was any one else you could just call and they would help you. You can rest assured that you WILL NOT recieve any help from Denny. I learned my lession buying a pair of govoners, and calling them for help. To say they were rude would be a gross underatatement. After trying to explain what I wanted the second time He hung up on me. Further calls went unanswered. I will never purchase from him or allow any of my customers do so.

I just hope you have much better luck than I did. :angry::angry:

I've had the same experience with denny. He chases customers away.

jerry

[

jerry

I never have done business with them nor never will. Seems like for every positive post I read about them I read at least 10x as many negatives. Not just on this board either.

Never had any dealings with them, but from the stuff I have read, how the heck do they stay in business?? I agree with the rest of you I would never spend a dime with anybody that acted that way.

Al

Mythbusters did a segment on this....the "high flow, ultimate M carburetor" is nothing more than a stock carb with new kit installed and the choke shaft removed to allow "high flow"..... :wacko:

[

jerry

I never have done business with them nor never will. Seems like for every positive post I read about them I read at least 10x as many negatives. Not just on this board either.

boog, you've read a postive post about Denny's on this board?? I have to admit that I have never done business with them either, but I don't think I've ever read anything good about them.

Hmmm, MY "high flow" carburetor still has a choke... BUT, the venturi that I spun up on the old Atlas lathe out of a chunk of aluminum has more flow than Denny's I bet!

IMG_9756.jpg

That's a stock M - 450 venturi on the right.

Darryn.

MASSIVE AIR FLOW THERE LOL GIVER HE&LL LOL

boog, you've read a postive post about Denny's on this board?? I have to admit that I have never done business with them either, but I don't think I've ever read anything good about them.

I was trying to give them the benifit of the doubt :lol:

They sold me a kit to put a kn air filter on the tractor. That is what I was having problems with.

Sorry for derailing the question. Are the instructions not clear?. Is there a pipe to mount the cleaner under the hood? Maybe we can help if you would show a photo.

Hmmm, MY "high flow" carburetor still has a choke... BUT, the venturi that I spun up on the old Atlas lathe out of a chunk of aluminum has more flow than Denny's I bet!

IMG_9756.jpg

Darryn.

Looks like you're on the right track there-I hope I can port and polish my tractor some day! I just want to see what it'll do after that.

SAME HERE WILL NOT SPEND A DIME WITH HIM AT ALL!!!! IHSMOKE

IMG_9756.jpg

Darryn.

Farmall Doctor, I was thinking of doing this but I was wondering if it would make a difference, since your opening up the venturi the vacuum signal would be less and the speed of the air would be as well, but not sure on a slow speed tractor engine. I would do it in a heartbeat on a performance car engine. I would love to see the difference on a PTO dyno.

So in your experience on a slow speed tractor engines if you improve anything pertaining to airflow will it make more power? I have several tractors but I am reluctant to do any mods to a stock engine, thinking that since its a low compression slow speed engine it wont require any more air. Or is that not the right thinking? I have a 40 M and would love to make more power. It has the stock flat top pistons. I am a machinist by trade and could this and other mods with ease.

I just restored the governor on it all the holes in the linkages and weights were all blown out real bad. I welded all the holes and remachined them made new pins for the weights. Now its a like new and tight governor for free!

Hi, Hank, I think that just about any attention that you can give a stock engine will increase it's power and/ or efficiency. I had planned on doing a before and after dyno test on my Super M, but it didn't work out yet. Probably in the spring. But, I did put this same size venturi in my 450 when I overhauled it and it made an easy 60 HP during the break in period on the dyno. That was with cheap looking aftermarket pistons. (couldn't find Firecraters at the time). If I get a chance I'll see if I can scan my drawings for the big venturi. You should also use the bigger jet sizes to increase the fuel flow.

Darryn

Hi, Hank, I think that just about any attention that you can give a stock engine will increase it's power and/ or efficiency. I had planned on doing a before and after dyno test on my Super M, but it didn't work out yet. Probably in the spring. But, I did put this same size venturi in my 450 when I overhauled it and it made an easy 60 HP during the break in period on the dyno. That was with cheap looking aftermarket pistons. (couldn't find Firecraters at the time). If I get a chance I'll see if I can scan my drawings for the big venturi. You should also use the bigger jet sizes to increase the fuel flow.

Darryn

Darryn, That would be great, I was thinking of taking my existing venturi and modifying, but I could make a new one out of billet. I guess all I would need is the minor venturi dia. I figure you took the minor dia. and angled it till it washed out to the major to create the venturi?

Hank

Ever thought about making those larger venturi and selling them? Like to get something like that for my H.

Yeah, I have thought of it, but I'm not a very "fast" machinist...there is alot to perfecting the right profile in them. :blush: somebody with a CNC lathe could make it profitable.

Darryn

Ever thought about making those larger venturi and selling them? Like to get something like that for my H.

Yeah, I have thought of it, but I'm not a very "fast" machinist...there is alot to perfecting the right profile in them. :blush: somebody with a CNC lathe could make it profitable.

Darryn

So Darryn do you know what you made the venturi minor dia was?

I'm sure it doesn't have quite the same effect as Darryn's custom venturi. But atleast from the super H's thru to the 806 gas tractors' the venturi's are different sizes but will all fit into place on all the carburators giving you the option of increasing the size in the smaller tractors.

Back to the purpose of this thread ,anybody have pictures of this Air setup from Denny's?

I have never done business with them either, however I had a customer take his gov and carb to them for rebuilding. I installed them on his M. They both work great, I did not even have to adjust the carb. This tractor is almost ready for paint.

post-6167-1262125395_thumb.jpg

post-6167-1262125904_thumb.jpg

I got screwed by denny's on a gov. and front end, wait to you talk to his wife now there is a real nut case. There are lots of places you can get parts for Farmalls that cost less and people will stand behind there parts, unlike denny's.