Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cd3456

grain trailers, wilson vs. timpte

9 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I am looking at new grain trailers and was wondering what you all think about Timpte and Wilson trailers. I am leaning toward a new timpte right now, but am still looking at wilson also. Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts or opinions on either one, as once I get a trailer I am going to have it for a long time. Thanks!

Been pulling a new timpte this fall and really like it. Wilson always made a good trailer also. I'd say u'll be happy with either. IMO

Either one will suite your needs ,depends on which one tickles your fancy . And by all means buy an air ride one you won't regret it .

A local grain trucker had a solid blue Timpte for years and I thought that was the sharpest grain trailer around.

A local farmer now has a sharp Peterbilt conventional day-cab and a pretty nice Wilson grain trailer and I think that is the sharpest farmer rig around.

Wew have a 2008 40' Timpte. Nice, easy pulling trailer. I wouldn't hesitate buying another one but I don't think you'd go wrong with a Wilson either. In fact we would have bought a Wilson but at the time we couldn't get a Wilson until after harvest.

Like many things, go with the dealer that gives you the best service.

Like many things, go with the dealer that gives you the best service.

That's great advise because both a good trailers ;) .

The timpte we had didn't hold up real well. We had to have the frame rails over the back axles replaced after 8 years and the lights were always losing the ground as they put metal to the aluminum. Have a Merrit now and really like it a lot.

we have a timpte it has been around here since 98 and been a good one for us. Son is looking at a wilson now because there is a good used one close. either one is good we also had a merrit and got along fine.