Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dax DeCelle

McCormick Deering #6 hammer mill

5 posts in this topic

There is a local man that is selling a McCormick Deering #6 hammer mill. He says he has multiple screens for it. I haven't seen it yet and don't know the condition, but would like to have it for shows and such. What should I look for when I go see it? He says it is for corn, but I suppose it could be used for other stuff, right? What would you pay for one in decent condition? Thanks

There is a local man that is selling a McCormick Deering #6 hammer mill. He says he has multiple screens for it. I haven't seen it yet and don't know the condition, but would like to have it for shows and such. What should I look for when I go see it? He says it is for corn, but I suppose it could be used for other stuff, right? What would you pay for one in decent condition? Thanks

The hammermills really turnthe RPM's so the bearings must be good. Look at the hammers for wear they can be turned end for end to renew unless thats already been done. Rustouts and dents are something else to look for. Value varies from 100 to 1000 bucks.

don't know what a number 6 looks like but they should also have a dust coletor and probley be belt driven.

lynn

Not for sure it is a #6 but I have one in storage for over 50 years now that my dad bought new and I remember him using it belted up to an H Farmall that he bought new, (I still have it too) to grind ear corn for the cattle. It does have a collector on it. How do you determine if it is a #6?

H-D, I believe the model numbers were stenciled on the dust collector.

My granddad's was bolted to the floor in the mow of the barn, next to the granary (barn built into side of hill, with the big sliding doors to mow). He sold it to the amish in a package deal, along with the McCormick binders, threshing machine and husker-shredder....

if only shed space was unlimited....