Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ken Ryan

560 3pt. hitch

16 posts in this topic

I'm considering converting a Farmall 560 to 3 point hitch. What do you think? We love the 560's for haying. I would like to run a 990 mower conditioner, a new small square baler and a 7 ft. Bush Hog (requires 3 pt. hitch). The open station 560 is great for haying. Visibility is good. The live PTO works great. It is just the right size. Thanks for any opinions. Ken Ryan

I'm considering converting a Farmall 560 to 3 point hitch. What do you think? We love the 560's for haying. I would like to run a 990 mower conditioner, a new small square baler and a 7 ft. Bush Hog (requires 3 pt. hitch). The open station 560 is great for haying. Visibility is good. The live PTO works great. It is just the right size. Thanks for any opinions. Ken Ryan

Do you already have the fast hitch on it or standard drawbar? If you've got the fast hitch, there's an easy way to make it a 3pt hitch with a little shop work. Let me know what you have and if you've got the fast hitch I'll take some pictures of what we did to ours to make it really simple. We don't use the 3pt hitch, but we've got it set up that we can anytime we need to.

I'd like to see pictures of how you made a 3pt out of a 2pt. Regular slide in adaptors don't work well, and I just bought dad a 2 to 3 point IH A frame adaptor at RPR. Curious how you did yours.

laportej is right it is easy to make a 3pt adapter out of a 3pt fast hitch. I built one for my 400 a couple of years ago. I got a 3pt fast hitch from tractor supply. and took the points that I got with my 540 4 plow. I welded some heavy steel to the top of the points making an " L " shape. on the 3pt fast hitch I welded more steel to the fast hitch frame with a slot between them to pin the top of the L shape points to it. I'll get some pic's tomorrow when it stops raining here. It works well. I think this would be easier than trying to switch 2 pt to 3pt. plus you get to keep your 560 original ( if that matters to you ).

we took the swinging draw bar off of our 560

many years ago and put on this 3 point hitch.

i think it is a work saver. l like the 2 lift cylinders.

we added the remotes to the hitch when the

560 was our planting tractor. had to take off

one remote for the 686 when it started to leak.

the 3 point arm is a great step.

post-267-1248914802_thumb.jpg

hth

Duane

Sorry to get off topic a bit , ,,, how does your 560 handle the baler?? We had an international 3 somthing (328/348) cant remember exactly baler , anyways we used the 560 on it for two loads only because the plunger cycling just pounded the tractor all to he#@. Just a constant rrrrr,,rrrr,,,rrrr,,,rrr as you went down the windrow...Had a 706 german diesel that worked much better.

I'd like to see pictures of how you made a 3pt out of a 2pt. Regular slide in adaptors don't work well, and I just bought dad a 2 to 3 point IH A frame adaptor at RPR. Curious how you did yours.

We still have the fast hitch on the tractor and don't use the 3pt, but we've still got the prongs lying in the shop and the third arm hook-up is still on the tractor. I'll take some snaps of it all while I'm home this weekend and post them up. It's pretty simple to do and doesn't take much steel to do it.

Do you already have the fast hitch on it or standard drawbar? If you've got the fast hitch, there's an easy way to make it a 3pt hitch with a little shop work. Let me know what you have and if you've got the fast hitch I'll take some pictures of what we did to ours to make it really simple. We don't use the 3pt hitch, but we've got it set up that we can anytime we need to.

I have rigid drawbar now. There is no hitch.

Thanks.

Ken Ryan

Sorry to get off topic a bit , ,,, how does your 560 handle the baler?? We had an international 3 somthing (328/348) cant remember exactly baler , anyways we used the 560 on it for two loads only because the plunger cycling just pounded the tractor all to he#@. Just a constant rrrrr,,rrrr,,,rrrr,,,rrr as you went down the windrow...Had a 706 german diesel that worked much better.

The 560 does well, with a 9 X 18 wagon behind on our NYS hills. The power is just a perfect match. Our baler is the middle 14 X 18 Case/IH New Holland makes now. We have a 1066 but I don't like being in a cab and that is too much tractor. Thanks. Ken Ryan

well as promised here are some pics of my 2pt to 3pt adapter.

post-40053-1248989308_thumb.jpg

post-40053-1248989318_thumb.jpg

couple more pics

I modified the 3pt fast hitch to be able to handle these, my 4b plow and a 150 gal sprayer

you may have noticed in the last post I added more metal around the lower link holes, the metal the fast hitch is made from was alittle on the thin side for pulling a plow, or carrying a full sprayer tank.

post-40053-1248989649_thumb.jpg

post-40053-1248989715_thumb.jpg

well as promised here are some pics of my 2pt to 3pt adapter.

Do you use the top link up from the adapter back to the rock shaft of the 560 ? Or is the Fast Hitch Prongs strong enough with out the top link to the tractor ?

thanks

yes the prongs appear to be strong enough, they seem to hold that sprayer with out any trouble. :lol: I think you may have me confused with the started of this topic, I supplied these pics to show what can be built with a little time. if you already have a fast hitch. but to answer your question, no I don't have any top link going to the tractor from the 3pt fast hitch. If you look at the first to pics I posted you will see metal added to the top of the 2pt prongs, I copied a neigbors 2pt to 3pt adapter for the small prongs to make this.

Here's what we've got. I couldn't find the good set of prongs, but we do have a set with the 3pt ball in each end for easy hook up. Instead I just took pictures of the ones that we leave on the chopper for our 300.

The second photo is the 3pt arm hook up that we leave on the 560. We took it apart this last month to try and make a weight bracket that bolted in the same place. Worked good, but we decided later we needed the weight in a different area.

post-5854-1249511534_thumb.jpg

post-5854-1249511543_thumb.jpg