Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjohn

THE LAST ROUND

yesterday dad n i stopd by a little museum at Reston manitoba. this old steamer is in permanent retirement id say. its a 25/75hp case, a size bigger than kjohn posted. there was also 2 15/30s, a D JD and MD farmall that looked like they were lacking attenion too:( but at least stored inside.

post-386-1249700276_thumb.jpg

My wife and I made a tour to La Ronge - Flin Flon - Swan River - Dauphin - Brandon - and back home. Found this fine old machine in Pine River, MB this weekend. There wasn't anybody around to get permission to open the hood. It might have a 348, but a 283 for sure. :P

PineRiverFDax.jpg

PineRiverFDbx.jpg

PineRiverFDcx.jpg

Might have found a Pontiac V8 in there.

A lot of US built GMC's of the late 50's and early 60's were "Poncho" powered.

Mikem

Might have found a Pontiac V8 in there.

A lot of US built GMC's of the late 50's and early 60's were "Poncho" powered.

Mikem

I've heard that too although I have never owned a GMC of that vintage to be sure.

Thought I"d post an update on a little Gleaner combine that made it's last round in 1988. I posted pics of it being pulled out of the mud earlier this summer. In recent weeks the new owners have got it unstuck and actually had the engine running. I took this pic of it today. Chances are it will raise a little dust one of these days .

post-90-1249707863_thumb.jpg

post-5055-1249824291_thumb.jpg

Great thread

This is one of my favorites pics. Poor SW6/ta, wondering what happened?!

Wanted to post this one for a while, combining wheat got in the way

I think Gary said it was a Sawyer Massey may have been traction at one time.

Hasn,t made a round for a long time.

Ray

Have any of you Canadian guys ever run across a 1939 "D" Case with a 3 speed transmission? Only 500 were built and most of them were shipped to Canada. I'd like to find one for my Case collection.

post-1440-1249932994_thumb.jpg Tired old 1486.

Have any of you Canadian guys ever run across a 1939 "D" Case with a 3 speed transmission? Only 500 were built and most of them were shipped to Canada. I'd like to find one for my Case collection.

Can't say that I have ever noticed how many gears the average D has. They were a fairly common tractor around here years ago. Not sure how many survived or if any were 3 speed.

Edited,,,, just found this Case D for sale up in Alberta. Not sure how far you'd be willing to drive for one but here it is.

http://regina.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-he...QAdIdZ148093390

Now here is a picture of a tractor I know a bit about. Not this one in particular but Cockshutt 40s in general. This one looks to have been parked to rust away but it is actually advertised for sale as one of those "running when parked" tractors. Pretty good looking sheet metal anyway and that front mounted firewood saw would be good too.

post-90-1250051555_thumb.jpg

Let's play "Spot The Tractor". These were taken at Cross Plains, TX.

An Oliver 770 or 880 LP.

post-2813-1250084862_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Ralph. However, that's a '49 which has a 4 speed tranny and I already have one of those.

Art: I wouldn't mind having that IH winch truck.

Here's an old Loadstar that hopefully hasn't made its last round:

post-202-1250212701_thumb.jpg

Gate guard near Stephenville, TX.

This one is a mystery. LOoks like some type of farm built mobile feed grinder. Possibly a hammer mill mounted on an old truck.

Gate guard near Stephenville, TX.

This one is a mystery. LOoks like some type of farm built mobile feed grinder. Possibly a hammer mill mounted on an old truck.

It is. As it is behind a closed gate, that was as close as I could get. Custom grinders were pretty common when I was growing up, the one I remember had a GMC truck with a GM Toro-Flo Diesel (4 stroke), and you could hear him for miles.

I have a feeling this hasn't been registered in a year or two maybe more! :P

Nice old Chev. Suicide doors too. Needs a little paint and tlc. :lol:

Been meaning to post this one for a while. I took it at a farm auction in 03. This line of junkyard machinery was parked down in the valley away from the main yard and I don't recall if they sold much of it. Tractor in foreground is a Case (VAC maybe?). In the background sits a retired Massey Harris 44. Poor picure quality makes it hard to tell.

post-90-1250348603_thumb.jpg

Nice old Chev. Suicide doors too. Needs a little paint and tlc. :lol:

Been meaning to post this one for a while. I took it at a farm auction in 03. This line of junkyard machinery was parked down in the valley away from the main yard and I don't recall if they sold much of it. Tractor in foreground is a Case (VAC maybe?). In the background sits a retired Massey Harris 44. Poor picure quality makes it hard to tell.

You're right on the VAC Case Ralph.

Tractor in foreground is a Case (VAC maybe?). In the background sits a retired Massey Harris 44. Poor picure quality makes it hard to tell

You're right on the VAC Case Ralph.

Thanks for confirming my guess tubacase. There were a few VAC tractors sold in this area for sure.

I think I took this pic at the same auction. Until then I don't think I had ever heard of a David Bradley. This poor old thing was lying in the grass on a fence line pretty well out of sight.

post-90-1250366640_thumb.jpg

Question for Tubacase47.

Here is the #4 picture of the 49 Case. Do the (fender braces ?) allow room for your legs. Are these original on this tractor?

post-13863-1250419290_thumb.jpg

2845573760104319246S600x600Q85.jpg

2310064160104319246S600x600Q85.jpg

2162234020104319246S600x600Q85.jpg

Hey Frank, could this one maybe be 'had'???

Hey Frank, could this one maybe be 'had'???

Well if you are meaning purchased or rescued. I could ask, it sits were we park the trucks at work.

I don't know who's it is for sure, but I could possibly find out or at least try to.

Question for Tubacase47.

Here is the #4 picture of the 49 Case. Do the (fender braces ?) allow room for your legs. Are these original on this tractor?

I had to go and look at my D as the parts book does not even show the fenders. The braces are factory and no, they do not interfere with the operator's legs as the lower end is fastened to the top of the axle housing in front of where your feet rest.

Binderman------

I really got a laugh out of your first picture with the car on the back of the old Chevy truck-------as your pictures loaded onto the computer------------the picture loading process hung up with just the old truck and the car showing. I wuz wondering where you were taking the car------------------and about then;

---------------the entire picture showed up including the gooseneck trailer. :lol:

Looks like the little red bus might be a Loadstar-------------and the IH pickup looks good. "Loadstar" (from here on the board) will be right on down to pick them up!!!! :unsure::rolleyes:

Maybe some of these will make another round or so.

Delta Dirt

Avon, Ms 38723