Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjohn

THE LAST ROUND

Two little old JD combines in the same yard. I believe these picked up on the left side of the tractor.

JDcombineax.jpg

JDcombinebx.jpg

Powered by Chrysler.

Masseycombineax.jpg

Plymouthcarcx.jpg

nothery

Hey, nice one, a Canadian Cockshutt combine. Looks to be a 132-137 series. Looks like it has been a parts donor for a while now.

Heres a lineup of old trucks that showed up on kijiji recently. R series IH, a Chevy and a couple of Mercs. Good potential for restoration there.

post-90-1248881791_thumb.jpg

And the second one - maybe

Well Boog you probaly like me. getting old, feathers droopy and long waddles but can stand and crow with the best of them :lol::blink:

george

nothery

Hey, nice one, a Canadian Cockshutt combine. Looks to be a 132-137 series. Looks like it has been a parts donor for a while now.

Heres a lineup of old trucks that showed up on kijiji recently. R series IH, a Chevy and a couple of Mercs. Good potential for restoration there.

cockshutt werent a real well known brand over my side of oz, cooperative called wesfarmers used to be the distributors for them

lets have a little guessing game with this 1

post-8-1248912420_thumb.jpg

side view

no, its not a amish special, i suspect the steel wheels where put on to transport it in

post-8-1248912606_thumb.jpg

Here's one for all you steam boys and girls - OBG...... are you watching??

Casesteamerax.jpg

Casesteamerbx.jpg

Casesteamercx.jpg

OBG's computer is down for the next week due to his impending move from Kalispell to Helena.

My wife and I made a tour to La Ronge - Flin Flon - Swan River - Dauphin - Brandon - and back home. Found this fine old machine in Pine River, MB this weekend. There wasn't anybody around to get permission to open the hood. It might have a 348, but a 283 for sure. :P

PineRiverFDax.jpg

PineRiverFDbx.jpg

PineRiverFDcx.jpg

Maybe the last round for one guy might be the beginning of something new for the next. This collection of machinery is offered just up the road from me. Serial on the Model M is 222585 for anybody that keeps track of those things. Front axle is Schwartz. There was a price list in the window of the truck (1700) for each item but I forgot to look.

post-6771-1249449574_thumb.jpg

post-6771-1249449609_thumb.jpg

What this fellow really needs is a shed in Silver Creek, Montana, don't you think OBG??

Maybe the last round for one guy might be the beginning of something new for the next. This collection of machinery is offered just up the road from me. Serial on the Model M is 222585 for anybody that keeps track of those things. Front axle is Schwartz. There was a price list in the window of the truck (1700) for each item but I forgot to look

What this fellow really needs is a shed in Silver Creek, Montana, don't you think OBG??

Palouse , that poor old Loadstar sure did need a shed. Little late for that now with all the faded paint. Be lucky to get 1700 for it.

Kjohn, is that Case a runner or just a lawn ornament? Looks good whatever.

This old last rounder was parked in the shade of the maples a good many years ago I'd guess. It was at a farm auction sale I went to about a month ago. Never did find out what kind of tractor it was.

post-90-1249497066_thumb.jpg

I want it, Art. It's a Case.

South of Ranger, TX.

Nice one, looks like my Dad's old Case model A pull type combine which I have already posted pics of. I can see the little fuel tank of the Wisconsin V4 engine sticking out from behind the hopper tank.

Now here is another old Case that has seen it's last round from the looks of it. For sale locally for parts.

Model D from the looks of it.

post-90-1249614191_thumb.jpg

Here's one for all you steam boys and girls - OBG...... are you watching??

Casesteamerax.jpg

Casesteamerbx.jpg

hi, good pics, where is this engine sitting. it looks like a 20Hp Case engine. around 1905 vintage. we restored one here a few years ago. these were mainly a threshing engine that burnt straw. some earlier ones plowed and burnt wood or coal. most of cases later engines about 1908 and up were designed for plowing. and became really popular engines.

Colin: This tractor is sitting at the museum at the north end of Swan River.

For those who can only bear to look a bit at a time - an Oliver cast part on a plow.

post-202-1249627465_thumb.jpg

Nother peek!!

post-202-1249627573_thumb.jpg

Here's a few pics of stuff from my area. I've posted the tractor before, but it belongs on the Last Round.

oldcar1-1.jpg

05-13-08_1653.jpg

crawler2.jpg

I'll try and get more later.

Nother peek!!

Kjohn, interesting view of what appears to be a Cockshutt/CCIL combine gradually settling into the earth. Don't think I ever saw another make of combine use those aircraft type tires.