Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjohn

THE LAST ROUND

Here we have a IHC 140 motor drive, motor is free and ready to go.

The MH #15 is not quite ready.

T20; By the way the American # 8 grader has an IHC M as a power unit.ih140.jpg

mh15.jpg

John; Did the IH 140's use different engines? Not common around here but the one at Pioneer Acres has a IH 164 [super 4 or H]engine and someone claimed they all had contenentals

I have some parts for your MH 15;steel rear wheels and rubber under the transport trucks.Engine is missing on all cyls[gone] A MH 20 near here

Remembered to throw my camera in the truck when I was out running around today and got a few pics for you guys.

This pickup is sitting behind the old Oliver dealer in town. Not sure what model it is since the badges are missing but am guessing 1210/200 or 1310 since it's got 8 bolt wheels. Looks like a true "backrow special" :lol: .

Abandoned1.jpg

Looks like this 806 just died in the cattle lot. The guy that owns this property used to have three 806s but now he's down to two and apparently only one that runs. He's also got a 1206 that gets some use and either a 10 or 1466 missing it's hood that's always hooked to a batwing.

Abandoned3.jpg

No idea how long this Cat Sixty has been parked but no doubt it's been a few decades.

Abandoned5.jpg

Been a few years since this 303 with its 2 row head has shelled any corn.

Abandoned6.jpg

This for some reason might be one of the best threads to keep going. Everyone has seen something driving down a road and thought "man, that thing doesn't look like its in that bad of shape"..... I wish I had some pics of some things sitting around here. I will see what I can do. Keep 'em coming!

Hi John

As far as I know the 140 with motors where all the C164 SH motor. I have 10 or 12 of these with motor and they are all the C164. I've seen lots of them in this area, but never with continental, there was also lots with pto.

The continental was used on the 62 combine, it was about the size of the c113 motor. then the 64 combine came out with the c123 engine, I recked several 64s, 74s, and 80s just to get the motor unit to put on grain augers or conveyors.

John

I've posted this before, but it belongs in the "Last Round" lineup:

post-202-1248374670_thumb.jpg

Didn't we establish that was a Holt combine when it was posted before? If so then this is a later model in the form a John Deere 36B, the hillside edition. I believe Caterpillar bought up Holt, then John Deere bought up Caterpillar combine division. Anyway this fellow has about seven of these machines "retired" out behind his barn near Lewiston, Idaho. They were very popular machines in this area before the John Deere 55H self propelled was introduced in 1954.

post-6771-1248409471_thumb.jpg

Palouse: Yes, we did establish that the above combine was a Holt.

Here's a Case 120 parked along the road west of Mossbank. It must have been shedded for part of its life, as the decals are still quite good. Motor is gone, probably to serve on in a D or DC tractor.

Case120ax.jpg

Case120cx.jpg

Case120bx.jpg

Here's a couple of old timers I found at a friend's place:

Fordtruckcx.jpg

Buickcarax.jpg

kjohn---------

Been having lots of trouble loggin in recently-------------just wanted to check in here on your thread. Probabaly should post a Google Earth shot of my shop-----------everything there has probably made its "last round", but I prefer to think of all of the old rusty and dusty scrap iron as just being down to the "short rows"-----------maybe I'll get one more round in the "short rows" out of some of it.

Talkin about "short rows"---------------------I started writing a song once: titled----"Long Rows of Cotton----------------------Short Rows of Love"!!!!!! Down here in the Delta there ain't nothing much better----------seems like you can't get much cotton picked in them short rows----------------but it works alright in the game of love. :huh::blush:

Great pictures from everybody------------Scoutman; your wife's picture looking through the steering wheel is really scenic (especially when its half loaded-------loading from the top) on my slow dial up.

Delta Dirt

Avon, Ms 38723

And here are a couple to add from Indiana.

maybe here would be a good place to insert a picture of myself. Somedays I feel like I'm on my "Last Round" :lol::lol::lol:

I hear ya Boog, but we still gotta few rows to hoe, so buck up tiger. ;)

Too bad I have no picture as I saw a niebour doun the road one time cutting ditch hay with a pto swather about 8 mph.The outer wheel droped in a hole and the gaurds dug in the ground twisting the table foreward with the wheel pointing at the sky. He wasn't done yet as he made a u turn streaching the hitch 90 degrees ,powershift the tractor up and drug it home on the gards fullspeed. last round that swather made. I would hesitate to lend that man a crowbar

It appears that gigantic pictures are NOT welcome. So, I will do this one at a time.

This sets right alongside the highway, it has been there for as long as I have been in this area, 9 years or so.

post-2813-1248646922_thumb.jpg

I do not know what series this IH is, but, again, it has set in the same spot for at least 9 years. I cannot remember if the cab door has been opened since I last drove by. The new camera has far too many features, like the American Express advertisement, Don't leave home without the instruction book. I can resize the pictures inside the camera..

post-2813-1248647266_thumb.jpg

It would be pretty safe to say this IH 127 SP made its "last round". Sorry for the grainy pics. My camera is acting a bit wonky.

IH127SPax.jpg

IH127SPbx.jpg

Looks like an 86 series tractor. In the above post thats about a 52 Ford pickup sitting by the road waiting to be rescued. :lol:

This little Case crawler showed up here at a farm auction sale a couple of springs ago. It would have been a handy little machine on the farm but had been driven into the ground from the looks of it. Good parts machine. Either a 430 or 530 I think.

post-90-1248668863_thumb.jpg

Poor quality picture.

He also has a white cab Axial Flow that has been setting in the shed for the last 9 years or so, he runs green now.

There used to be a 915 that set much closer to the road, but it disappeared last year when scrap prices were so high.

post-2813-1248707319_thumb.jpg

Little old IH tractor has come in off the field for the last time.

IHtractorax.jpg

A 1070 Case, and an unknown 70 Series Case, neither has moved in at least 9 years, and IIRC correctly the 1070 has been setting since at least 1994.

post-2813-1248818473_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1248818497_thumb.jpg

I found the IH 76 combine on a road I had never been down before, the Caterpillar D4 hasn't moved in at least 9 years.

post-2813-1248818799_thumb.jpg

post-2813-1248818818_thumb.jpg