Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grateful11

Anyone running a Case IH 475 Disc Harrow?

I seem to be getting too much of a furrow on the outside from the two smaller outside rear discs.

It seems to be making everything in between very flat so what can I do to get rid of the outer

edge furrow without messing up the inside? It's a 14' non-folding.

There is a extention and a smaller blade that goes on the end of each rear gang that will help you with the ridging. Also make sure the disk is level when it is being pulled and keep your speed under 5 mph. We used to put those little pony carts behind those to help wth leveling or a spike tooth buster bar .

Danny

DB07 is right. The furrow filler on the outside would take care of that. Also, the rear gang might be going too deep.Is the disc leaving a low spot in the middle of the through?

Got a picture of the disk and what it's doing? It really pretty much sounds like what a disk does. Never seen one leave a perfectly level field without some sort of harrow. It's the nature of the beast.

the furrow filler will help ,and a smaller disc on the front outside gangs will help too.

i have done these to our 490 and it helps alot.

I'm running the same disk behind the 856 and it doesn't seem to do what you are describing. I'll put it in the field tomorrow and take a picture if you want. Eason

We're going to be using it tomorrow so I'll see what I can do with it. I have to ask, what's a furrow filler?

You need to understand that even though I've lived near or at the farm for over 20 years my FIL never explained how to do any of this stuff. I'm having to learn by trial and error. He passed away last July so I'm just a rookie at setting this stuff up. We're doing our best to keep things going. My wife is having to do quite a bit of the work because of my bad back, probably going under the knife soon. I've got to show her how to run the round baler, hopefully this week. It's been a rough year, my wife lost her father last July, I lost my Mom this Feb. and then my Dad in March.

It is a clamp on smaller disc blade for the end of each back gang. It clamps on to the end disc at the end of the arbor bolt. It kind of looks like one of the spools on the gangs with a smaller disc on one end with four bolts on the other end that clamps to the last disc..I hope that was as clear as mud. I will try to find a picture.

Thanks guys. Looks like the wife is going to do the discing today if it's not too wet(3.5" of rain last Friday), my back is just not up to it and I have to go to Charlotte in a few hours. I'll try and snap a couple shots of it.

I kept it under 5 mph like y'all said and I also limited how deep it was going by holding it

up with the wheels and that helped a lot, fields were much smoother and flatter. I see

a sleeve with the groove in it that looks like where the furrow filler clamps on. I need

to check and see how much the furrow fillers cost.