Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baart38

9630 JD Stuck

Don't know if these have been posted before but here's a 9630 in the mud near Watseka, IL. Probably not moving on its own any time soon.

post-1947-1242243848_thumb.jpg

post-1947-1242243900_thumb.jpg

post-1947-1242243930_thumb.jpg

Have these pics been posted before?

Yep....

Maybe they've been posted before but I don't remember seeing them ! Maybe just my bad memory! Thanks for posting them.

So this is the fourth time I have seen these pictures in the past four days. They were sent to my e-mail by three different people and now on here. Oh well I still laugh every time I see them.

Jay

Is it me or does anyone else get amused that there are weights on the front of this 4 wheel drive.

I suppose it is easier to add suitcase weights than to put big wheel weights on. Added weights seem to be showing up on all the biggest tractors lately. Perhaps it is to make the base tractor lighter (for hauling and the occasional light-duty work?), but be able to add weight to put all 500+ hp to the ground.

Is it me or does anyone else get amused that there are weights on the front of this 4 wheel drive.

I suppose it is easier to add suitcase weights than to put big wheel weights on. Added weights seem to be showing up on all the biggest tractors lately. Perhaps it is to make the base tractor lighter (for hauling and the occasional light-duty work?), but be able to add weight to put all 500+ hp to the ground.

deere has to use weights because there tractors are not balanced, look on the left rear side of a deere 4x4 and they have a rack of weights there to. they will never have a good of tractor as a stieger

Pictures of a predicament like that have never amused me much since the time my Step-son in had the misfortune of getting my Super M stuck with the 4 row cultivator on it. No pictures, it was in 1982 when it happened, he was cultivating corn about a foot high in a rented field 3 days after we'd had a pretty heavy rain. The field was dry enough but he ran into a bad slop hole sorta like the Big John Deere looks like it is in. It was an old filled in sludge pit/pond hole next to an oil well site that apparently didn't drain out. We made a melluvva hess in that field even though there was an access road to the nearby pumping oil well. Used a helpful neighbor's JD 4020 dualed up with a 3 point hoist to pull the cultivator gangs away from the Farmall before we could pull it out, just couldn't pull it out with the cultivator gangs still on it, tractor was down so bad mud was almost coming over the platform. It was one bad job getting that cultivator off that tractor in the mud and not much fun mounting it back on either after getting everything out. If we hadn't had use of the other tractor and hoist the poor old Super M still might be there in that God-awful hole. Sorry but I don't think there is anything pretty or funny about a badly stuck tractor of any color.

Sure it is, that Hired Hand had the fear of God in mind, fearing if he couldn't get out would result in photos of his Boss's tractor being plastered all over the net. His fear was proven by how hard he tried to get out. He almost made it.....

Not quite so bad, but here's one of the times I got stuck last spring.

Plantingseason08005.jpg

Stuff happens, people, no matter the color. If I'd had a camera every time I've stuck a tractor, I'd be a professional photographer. I got stuck once in an 8930 Magnum in an old pond (the pond had been dozed in and farmed over for 30 years) one time that you'd swear to God the only way it would ever come out would be in pieces.

After just dodging 3 tornados by the skin of my a$$, I could care less who gets stuck in what color tractor....

Bill

I just saw some pictures on the front page of the local newspaper in Laplata, MO. Headlines, read farmers fighting mud again this year. I'm almost positive it was of that tractor. I figured it'd be local if they'd of printed it too.

Getting stuck is part of farming.....I was mowing PIK ground in the 1980's with a Hydro 100 (with factory red cab) pulling a Woods Batwing mower. I hit an (unkownst to us) water spring, and down it went, axle deep, in an instant. Water was gushing into the hole.

After the "walk of shame" back to the truck 2-way radio, the 1206 arrived and we did get it out.

Sorry no pics, digital cameras were not around then.

That 9630 belongs to Walker Farms, a division of Walker AG Group located in Danville, IL. Jerry & his son Jerame farm somewhere between 40-50,000 acres throughout the midwest. They use to farm the farm that lays on our northern border. Rumor has it that there were two other JD 4wds also stuck trying to get that one out

deere has to use weights because there tractors are not balanced, look on the left rear side of a deere 4x4 and they have a rack of weights there to. they will never have a good of tractor as a stieger

My STX 450 has suitcase weights on each side on the front. Its a scraper tractor so no need for rear weights but the front needs all the help it can get.

I'm in agreement where the Steiger is concerned, but every 4wd sold here has suitcase weights. Tom