Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FarmallFan

Brenen Update

Friends/Family

As in most things in life there is an upside and a downside. As Brenen showed us the upside yesterday; today was the downside. The same precious young man that laughed so much yesterday; cried just as much tonight. My heart is broken so much for him. He just had a complete melt down. I guess I knew it had to be coming with him so alert now; but he seemed to have real sad moments that gave us the impression that he was coming to terms with the "facts" He is doing so much better at the Yes/ No comunication so I was able after a half hour to calm him down enough to ask him what would make him feel better. I was holding him and asking if he wanted me to call his Dad; No.( He did'nt seem to want me either & would push me away & then grab my hand again after he thought about it) I tried many things and then I said do you want Jared.He said; YES. I told him we would need to call Jared as he has college tomorrow and was back in Montague. He grabed my hand and just looked so serious and kept nodding his head Yes. So of course I got Jared on the phone. It took a while while he "silently cried so deeply that my heart aches just writing about it" He finally calmed down with Jared talking to him. It took a while but he is settled down for the night and is now sleeping. He gets medication to help him wind down each night and I was planning on starting to decrease it tonight; I did not ask for the decrease, we will wait a little longer to do that.

It is totally understandable what he is going through. He has to be feeling so many emotions right now. It took all my will power not to crawl into bed and cry with him too. I was in the bed but I kept most of the tears at bay and just held our wonderful son. We know he will have many days of ups and downs so please just prayers that we can handle them "how Brenen needs us to". Thank-you for listening.

Brenen did have a pretty good day at therapies and worked alot of Yes/ NO nods for Chelsea again.

Love & Prayers to everyone; Joyce

Believe me, we understand the emotional roller coaster. I feel that as time goes on, there will be more good days then bad. But, also, his realizing what's going on, could benefit him. For as stubborn as he sounds, this may make him work harder. I know that it is difficult. But as long as he keeps working, the advances he makes will surely help not only him get through, but the family as well. You are in our prayers.

A message to Joyce, and all:

With a trauma, like this, something happens to those little emotional triggers in the brain.

For Brenan, sure. And for all the other major players, too.

And all the little signals that you've used for all these years

that told you sadness was coming and gave you time to intercept it,... with Mom's preemptive comfort,...

those signals don't always work now: sadness can come without warning.

But then, so can joy. And wonder. And love. Laughter will come as quickly as tears.

Go well, good people,...

...with an awesome lot of long distance friends cheering for you. And crying with you.

Ted.

Please take what I say in the right context. I am glad to hear this news. At least IMO, it sounds like "Brenen" is coming back. The physical Brenen is broken and cannot be fully repaired. But what is important is that the soul Brenen comes back. I bet now, as he becomes more and more Brenen, he'll start working on the communication on his own.

Thanks for the update.

Continued prayers from Tennessee!

Brenen is in my prayers daily, along with his indefatigable mother, father and brother. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about all he and his family is going through. Tom

I've been following this thread since the beginning and always look for the daily updates, thanks FarmallFan and Paul for posting them on here. I don't know Brenen or anybody in his family but reading the update today was crushing, it felt like a good friend of mine was going through this. Continued thoughts and prayers sent from Illinois.

Guys, I honestly do not see how Joyce is doing it, meaning holding up so well. I believe that girl has only been home to spend the night in her own bed once since this happend. I hope she can take time for herself. That is one dedicated woman, and fantastic mother.

I agree with Old Pokey, I think the mental part of Brenen is healing, and he is coming to the stage of realization. I have been following his progress since the begining, and was worried he was not making much progress mentally, but I think this shows he is, and I hope it will make leaps and bounds after breaking through this barrier.

I hope Brad can keep his wish of getting him to RPR in July. Maybe they can be using that date as a goal and something very exciting to look forward to, and be able to make it.

Today's update...

Friends/Family

Today so far has gone pretty well. Brad was quite upset not to be here when Bremen (and I) needed him. So he took the day off work and was happy to be here for all of Brenen’s sessions. Then big brother Jared arrived just as Brenen was finishing his last therapy. So this afternoon when Brenen had Pool Time, our entire family was able to be in the poolroom while Brenen was in the pool. It is a really warm room and it was like a warm summer day. He likes the pool and did want to go down to the pool but the one item he does not care for is the Chlorine water in his face. I am sure they have rules on how much they need to have for a hospital setting. It is really strong. Brenen’s OT therapist Daniela is the person who takes him into the pool and she had finished 1/1/2 hours earlier with him, really working his left hand & fingers. He certainly remember while he was in the pool and had a bit of attitude with her and when she saw this she told him to go ahead splash me Brenen. I know you are still PO’D at me now is your chance. Wow! Did he try to splash her!! I know he understands she is here to help him in therapy because I have talked to him about it. I say stuff like you do understand Daniela really does this to help you. She wants you to be able to use those fingers too, every time he nods yes. And he usually will shake her hand goodbye after each session. (Didn’t today) I missed his last therapy with her, Grandma Twiss, Aunt Amy & Brad were with him while I had lunch with Diana & Deanna Pineda. (Wonderful lunch & company!!!) Brad says he really was angry and really fighting her every step of the way. His left hand is coming along but it will need so much more work and I feel Brenen might not wish ever to see Daniela again after we leave here. Poor girl; she says it’s okay: If Brenen is able to use this hand that will be all the reward I need. Great therapist!!

Brad & Jared are feeding Brenen supper right now and doing a fine job. Brad needed a little lesson on how to “doctor up” instant potatoes (the kitchen forgot the 3 butters I have been sneaking in) He did great after they were smothered in a little butter. Then poor Jared’s feeling was hurt; brother did not seem to want to take a drink from him. Well I asked Jared to go over onto Brenen’s right side and try again. Brenen took the drink just fine then. This brings up the issue that the doctor & we have been watching for some time and was clarified Monday by Brenen & Chelsea during a speech session. She was asking Brenen to look at a picture and then tell her which word matched the picture. He was squinting and trying to answer her. Chelsea asked him, Can you read this or is it blurry? He said; Yes Then she asked: Do the words look double Brenen. He nodded yes. Poor Kid. Anyway back to Jared tonight; I believe this is his left eye causing this and when I do anything on his left side he struggles with it; like a drink or brushing his teeth standing on his left. The Optometrist will be here either Friday or Saturday; so hopefully we will have a few answers for Brenen on this. I know he’ll look good in glasses; his Dad does; and they look so much alike.

Brenen worked hard for Joe and did some really good yes/No questions for Chelsea. Brad was in with her session and was thrilled to see him answer so quickly. I have to say I have gotten used to the small improvements I see day to day. It is really nice when Brad comments on these types of things it shows me the progress that can be difficult to see.

Brad & Jared, Uncle Dean & Cousin Josh are all across the room right now having some “guy time” Cousin Josh has already made Brenen laugh, just with one of his snowmobile stories. They are all talking Tractors so I’m hiding here on the computer. They have all gotten the computer out and are looking at tractor sights and now they are listening to some more RD Mercer. Well Brenen is laughing again. He is smiling now at times also over just normal things. It is really wonderful to see. And I am glad that Uncle Dean & Joshua are here and able to enjoy Brenen being happy. I am glad the door to Brenen’s room is closed because they are finding a few stories that I know if Pastor walked in the door we would all have something to answer for.

Thank-you all for your prayers for Brenen and our entire family. We are taking everyday a day at a time. And my wonderful husband had a long talk me about the fact I need to be prepared for Brenen to say some terrible things. Like he wished he was not here. Or that he would say he hates me. And most likely worse things yet. I know this and I know Brad is right; I will need loads of hugs and prayers then as even when my boys have been extremely mad at me they have never told me they hated me. I am going to need to grow some thick skin. I have always been a little tender hearted, so Brad really knows me.

I am going close this for tonight and thank the Lord for a good day. He is with us carrying us every step of the way.

Love & God Bless; Brad, Joyce, Jared & Brenen

Guys, I honestly do not see how Joyce is doing it, meaning holding up so well. I believe that girl has only been home to spend the night in her own bed once since this happend. I hope she can take time for herself. That is one dedicated woman, and fantastic mother.

I agree with Old Pokey, I think the mental part of Brenen is healing, and he is coming to the stage of realization. I have been following his progress since the begining, and was worried he was not making much progress mentally, but I think this shows he is, and I hope it will make leaps and bounds after breaking through this barrier.

I hope Brad can keep his wish of getting him to RPR in July. Maybe they can be using that date as a goal and something very exciting to look forward to, and be able to make it.

I would guess its her Faith that is helping to see her through this. I also hope Brad can get him to RPR. After following his progress, I find myself thinking of him quite often.

Yes, Joyce's has remained strong through this because of her faith.

What Satin intends to tear down. God intends to lift up.

Had Joyce gone into this being angry at God for allowing it to happin. Brenen would have been physically healed, but the family would have been lost. Satin would win the final battle.

Joyce is giving God the glory for every step forward that Brenen is making, She is leaning on God for the strength to get through one day at a time. She knows that in spite of all that Brenen has lost, God has a plan for him. Which he dose.

There are lessons for all of us to learn form the trial's that this family is going through.

end of sermon

Brad is correct. as Brenen verbal skills return there will be times when in his anger and frustration he will lash out at Joyce terribly. Continued prayer is needed for them, Continued prayer lifted up.

Once agind thanks to FarmallFan and Paul for keeping up up to date.

This is hard to watch happen and I am only on the bench ,I can only imagine what it's like playing this game on the field. Best wishes

Yes, Joyce's has remained strong through this because of her faith.

I BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT.

JOYCE ALSO IS GETTING A LOT OF SUPPORT, I BELIEVE, FROM THE CARE PAGES AND FAMILY. AS OF RIGHT NOW THERE ARE 1774 MESSAGES POSTED TO JOYCE THERE.THAT IS BASED ON MY TINY EXPERIENCE LAST YEAR,YOU ALL REALLY HELPED ME,AND MY DOING THE UPDATES ALSO HELPED ME.BUT GOD DID A LOT OF CARRYING ME THROUGH THE ORDEAL.ALSO MY DAD CAME UP ALMOST EVERY DAY,SOME OF THOSE DAYS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOME.OF COURSE THE REST OF MY FAMILY AND JANAY'S OLDEST THREE DAUGHTERS WHICH LIVE IN S.OREGON,MICHIGAN,&MINNESOTA CAN NOT BE LEFT OUT EITHER EVEN AFTER THEY WERE BACK HOME.

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THEIR TOWN AND BRENEN'S SCHOOL HAVE REALLY PULLED TOGETHER FOR THEM.

I THANK ALL HERE FOR THEIR CONTINUED SUPPORT!

TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE!

PAUL

PS WILL TRY TO POST AN UPDATE ON JANAY IN NEXT FEW DAYS.

Friends/Family

It has been a long day and we have been blessed with little glimpses of Brenen’s personality. It has been a big concern of ours as we have read about brain injuries how much a person can change personality wise after a brain injury. So far we have been impressed at the little signs of “our man” being himself. Especially the Twiss/Collins attitude. I know many people have stubborn family backgrounds but the two of ours together can be a blessing or a problem. I am not complaining because we both come from very HONEST, STUBBORN, HARDWORKING STOCK!! LOL And anyone that has ever met either of our parents can tell you that they are amazing people who stand behind what they believe in, GREAT values that both of our children have taken very seriously. And Brad & I feel very blessed to have such support from both of our families.

Brenen worked well in therapy for Joe. He had Brenen do a few new things with his balance and it amazes me how much he has improved just this week. He is now holding himself really well with one hand on a small stool as the other is balanced on the mat. It is really amazing that little by little he has improved on this. He is also now smiling even for the nurses. He is getting comfortable with “ his” nurses. We have two ladies here that tiff over who gets to be Brenen’s NT ( nurse tech/or nurses aide which ever you’d like to call it) Natalie( from Portugal) and Tahani( from Jordan) are the most patient amazing ladies and I really would LOVE either one of them to move to Montague with us. Too bad their families would miss them.

Poor Daniela Brenen’s OT Therapist is getting the bad end of this deal; while everyone else seems to be getting smiles or at least an okay handshake she is no longer getting any of that. She is the one working so hard to get Brenen to use that left hand/ arm. She did switch things up today and worked some puzzles with him. This did not make him too happy either as they were little children’s puzzles. She had “the alphabets” puzzle and had him choose the letters for his name.GREAT news Brenen knows how to spell his name and also how to spell “train” ( just a word Daniela picked) Big problem was he become quite angry as he had a problem picking up the letters ( fine motor skills) He finally became so disgusted that he stopped doing ANYTHING for her. He only had a half hour session & at that point there was only a few minutes left. Poor girl; I know I would not enjoy being “ the bad Girl” all the time.

Chelsea is working some sign language with Brenen and he is catching on so quickly. She only gives him a few “ words” a day but is so impressed how he picks it up so quickly and also remembers the previous words she has worked with him. Evidence as far as I am concerned that his short-term memory is doing wonderful!!

This afternoon we were concerned that we had an appointment to go look at a couple handicap/ accessible mini vans here at a ‘Clocks Conversions” and we knew we would want to hurry back to be back before Brenen’s supper time. Too cool; I went up to Brenen’s room here to get some paper work; who was looking for us. Grandpa Collins. Wonderful they hung out together and he covered suppertime. So after we went “van shopping” we went for a bite to eat. When we came back we walked slowly into the room and Grandpa & Brenen were both watching a funny show on TV smiling and laughing. It was a really nice sight to see. And a nice end to our day.

It is time to wind down for the night. I hope this finds everyone well and enjoying the evening.

Love & God Bless; Brad & Joyce

Friends/Family

Brenen is differently coming more and more forward with his brain injury and understanding what is going on. And will be honest when you ask him if he is mad: NO Angry: NO Sad: Yes I am learning to be tough for our Brenen.

He is showing his stubborn side and figuring out what he can control. His new thing is he takes his chin and places it on his chest. And will not bring it back up with out someone forcing it or a lot a coaxing. He has been told that his neck brace is going to need to go back on if he does not help hold his own head up. This does bring it up for a few minutes but then he will bring right back down. It might just take time and maybe he will need to understand the therapists are serious.

I have to say he does still do most of the therapies but his neck seems to be “his thing” to control. Then this evening he decided he was not going to eat supper. I was able to get some in his with coaxing; but I expected this and I have my own secret methods too. So he will have Mom to deal with on this one.

Brenen did have his eye exam today. It went pretty well. No big surprises, they are holding off on any glasses and are certain Brenen is seeing double in his left eye at times. The doctor does not like how Brenen is not looking properly to the left. So he plans to put a patch on Brenen’s right eye for a half hour at a time to try to force him to use his left field of vision. Good News is Brenen does not have anything in his left eye (he shuts it part of the day) nor does he have any scratches there either.

Brenen had a “sad” evening; I knew he was upset. And his neck has to be sore. So I put in a movie and massaged his neck and shoulders for him. This seemed to help him relax. Tonight was shower night and that always seems to help him relax also. So he is now down for the count. Mom is tired and ready for bed so I will close and say good night.

Church family: I will be thinking of everyone tomorrow @ 11:15. I will try to sing a few of our favorites (quietly so I do not embarrass Brenen) during that time tomorrow. Have a wonderful service.

Love & God Bless; Joyce

Brenen MFB Day 73

Posted 58 minutes ago

Friends/Family

Brenen has now been at Mary Freebed; 73 days. He was at Devos in ICU for 27 days. Together that is 100 days.; I am sad and happy all the same time. Brenen is really showing progress on understanding what has happened. It is very hard, but we are ready and the Lord is here with us every step of the way. 100 days ago our family’s world was tuned upside down and it still feels like it was just yesterday. The Lord has made the days fly by and it has become really helpful to look back on these updates and understand how far Brenen has come.

Brenen understanding more has made his stubborn steak really show its face. He did not like working with the weekend therapist today. And we really lucked out and all three of the therapists we worked with were hard working caring people. I will be requesting a repeat with them any weekend they work. Most of the weekend therapists only work one or two days a month so I’m working on a list.

He did work for speech today and played the game war with the therapist. He only did this for 15 minutes but he understood the game and knew when his card was the highest card. He said he liked her and he answered her questions well.

Brenen had a lady named Karen for OT today. He has had her before. And one thing I already liked about her was she actually read the instructions that Daniela would leave her before she arrives to Brenen’s mat. Many therapists spend part of their time reading notes during their time with Brenen and then do not even follow the instructions. So she already has me happy and then she actually follows what he ahs been working on. He didn’t like her working those fingers any better for her, but he says he understand it needs to be done.

PT with Brenen was a gentleman that Joe set up. It went quite well in between Brenen fighting NOT to work. He worked muscle groups a little different than Joe but it was good for Brenen to have to work for someone other than Joe. Eventually we will be going home and he will need to get used to someone else as Joe only works here in Inpatient.

I had a nice visit today from two of my girls; Gins & Rene’, they brought lunch and stories. We were able to sit and talk over at the INN while Brenen took an afternoon nap.

Thank-you again; girls.

I am sorry I can barely keep my eyes open.

Love & God Bless; Joyce

TAKE CARE ALL

PAUL

This !!! is where the best, and the worst is going to begin. :( Thankfully "Brenen" is coming back.........but the upcoming challenges, coming to grips with the changes, is going to be..............very testing.

I have to take my hat off to the Twiss family. This level of caring devotion gets my utmost respect.

SOUNDS GOOD AFTER BRAD HAD A TALK WITH BRENEN

Brenen MFB Day 74

Posted 1 hour ago

Friends/Family

I hope the Lords day has been as good a day for you as it has been for our family.

Brenen spent his therapy day with Dad. He had a pretty good day but Brad did let me know that he needed to have a long serious talk with Brenen. He decided to get mifted and not do much for the PT therapist he had today. Brad felt he got to him to understand how important his therapies are. I know what he is talking about as I have also witnessed this with Brenen. Both of our guys have always listened better to their father than

myself so hopefully Dad really made the difference.

Brenen's normal OT therapist Daniela was with him today and he did quite well for her. And worked really well batting a balloon back and forth with her. Friday he did 25 "hits"for her.Yesterday he became extremely stubborn and would not do anything for the weekend OT when it came to eye hand coordination.He thought it was lame; you could tell with his ATTITUDE. Well today Daniela had him so he had to work, 30 bats. Pretty good even if he was PO'D most of the time.

Speech pretty well as Brad reported. Brenen has been following small commands for awhile now. Today he was able to follow a few multiple directions. And he does not seem to need to "think it through"as long. It's pretty much immediate response. The Lord is helping our bot day by day. The other thing is happing more each day is Brenen is really trying to mouth words to us. and he has also gotten an "H" sound out a couple times a day. Chelsea has been working on this and he is really trying. Brad made my day and said Brenen tried to mouth "Mom" today Wonderful; right?!

Brenen last session of the day he worked his best. Weather it was because his Dad talked to him or because big brother was here we'll never know. But needless to say he showed off and worked really hard and did better balancing than he has done yet.

You maybe asking why I do not "know exactly" what happened today. I was given orders after breakfast that I was to go do something. I got kicked out of the hospital by my sweet husband. He knows how stressful this week has been with Brenen and pulled rank.I left for a couple hours and went to see Our sis & brother in laws home. (they had a fire a year ago and finally are back in their home) It was really nice to go see our nephews and catch up on all their news. The house looks wonderful.

Then when I came back to the hospital Brad and I went for a bite to eat with my girlfriend Judith and Dennis. We enjoyed all the news and the company was wonderful.

It has been a nice evening with Grandpa & Grandma Collins, Uncle Laurence and of course Big brother Jared relaxing together. Brenen seems the happiest when things are mellow and not too busy.

It is time to turn in.

Love & God Bless; Brad, Joyce, Jared & Brenen

TAKE CARE ALL!

PAUL

PS

GOOD MOVE BRAD!

TAKE CARE,

PAUL

Thanks Paul for getting these up here.

More progress...

Friends Family

Brenen and I have had company all day. Grandma Collins stayed for a few days and big brother Jared is here also. (His is on spring break) This morning, at breakfast I let Brenen know that big bro was here. He smiled; then I said”Bren do you think he’ll sleep till noon?”He shook his head a very firm YES! Then I asked if we should go and toss some water on him to wake him up? He practically glowed, and smiled with a big YES. See brotherly love.

Brenen is sitting beside me and I have read him a few more messages. I try to do this every couple days. Know he really likes when I read messages from his classmates or teachers. I bet he would have never thought he would miss school so much.

Therapies went pretty well today. Brenen still is showing his stubborn streak but he does do the work with someone coaxing or pushing him a bit.

He is now really starting to improve on his balance with one hand on each side of himself. He has become good enough with the support of a small bench. So it was taken away; he might use it again I don’t know but it is progress and I love that.

Brenen has enjoyed having brother here all day and has tried a few more “voicings”out. At one point he was quite angry and I’m not certain what the word was, but I was concerned as it had an SSSSSSSSSS sound. There was frustration also with what was going on so S—t might have been the word he was looking to say> Sorry to say but I still would have cheered loudly. I would tell him afterward not to use those words later, but I would have cheered.

Loud, busy sounds are really bothering Brenen right now and just now Jared was trying to get Brenen into Halo (computer game) with him. Big brother handled it really well but Brenen was not interested nor did he want the TV even on. With Brenen’s brain injury he can only handle so much stimuli at a time. Each step of this journey we see changes so hopefully this step is short.

Brenen does not seem to enjoy his “music”now either. He is listening to classical guitar CD lately

(Thanks again Kelli). He did like his own music just a few weeks ago so I’m sure it’s most likely a faze.

I will close for now and spend some time with our eldest.

Take care & God Bless; Joyce

The are the rough patches, but I'm sure, much like with my son, the power of prayer will bring healing to everyone.

I cant even begin to imagine what the Twiss family has gone through, I think about the family every time I get into my car and even while driving or when the roads get bad. I pray that the family stays strong. Thank you BJ and Paul keeping us up to date.

I have sent Sallie a message requesting to make this a sticky, so no one will have to search for this thread. I think that would be appreciated by all!

Scott

I cant even begin to imagine what the Twiss family has gone through, I think about the family every time I get into my car and even while driving or when the roads get bad. I pray that the family stays strong. Thank you BJ and Paul keeping us up to date.

I have sent Sallie a message requesting to make this a sticky, so no one will have to search for this thread. I think that would be appreciated by all!

Scott

Thank you and Me too.

Some ups and downs...

Friends/Family

Today has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions. At breakfast Brenen decided to be extremely stubborn about the food and not eat for me. He was very aggressive acting about it even. So I finally took all the glass dish items away and left him with a spoon and applesauce & Yogurt. And told him I realize you don’t want me to feed you but you are not quite ready to feed yourself. So if you’d like to try again that’s fine. I am going to leave you to feed yourself. So I& Grandma got up and left the room; I did have the door opened a crack and kept my eye on him. I watched as our boy attempted to eat but could not get his right hand to cooperate. It was heart breaking but so was how he was acting earlier when I was trying to feed him after a few minutes and when I knew he had given up. I came back into the room and picked up his tray and said I feel bad you didn’t eat much I think you’re going to be really hungry later. Are you sure you wouldn’t like me to feed you a bit more of this? I put the spoon up to his mouth and he started eating again. He ended up eating most everything else; the fruit loops he had seemed to request we gross by then so everything else was 100%.

I would like to say that the rest of the day went smoothly; it didn’t. One minute he was working hard and understanding what was expected and the next he was moody and aggressive. He did get quite a bit accomplished in therapy today so the day was not a total wash, but we are all getting a workout. Brenen was put on a product called Nerotine ( a week ago)to help with the pain he is experiencing with that left hand. On rare occasions this product can cause aggression. Needless to say we have requested that we take him off this for now to see if it is the cause of this aggression. (And us getting the bird flipped at us, Yep! He understands what it means and he has even mouthed it. He is upset and confused) That would be the good news as the other cause is just the fact that he has this brain injury and only time will tell when this “stage” will go away. I have to say this is very odd for Brenen to use this word at Myself & other adults. The staff says it is totally normal and most teens and even younger come out with this and worse. I am not being holier than thou” I realize our son did swear like most teenager do; but he seriously would not have done it around adults or at me. I am working on a special product to thicken my skin; LOL!!so I can be tough for this stage. I pray the Lord makes this a short stage. I know the Lord already knows my limitations and I Know he will only give us as much as we can handle.

Brenen did things in PT and OT that I have not seen him do before and it was wonderful. He had a small squishy football and would throw it back to Daniela and she would bring it back to him and make him take it back out of her hand as she moved her hand around in his field of vision. He did awesome; 30 times and kept right at it. I wanted to cheer; but at this point that could easily have shut down any progress for the rest of the day so I stayed in my hiding spot just past his field of vision. This is something we all are doing now as he really has decided he does not like an audience; only Jared go figure. Dad and are not shocked he has always been very independent.

We had our “team conference” today; this is where everyone on the “team” including us gives a little report on improvements and plans for the next two weeks. It usually is not new news to us but it is a wonderful way to recap where we are and what is going to be happening in the next leg of our journey. The last thing that is discussed is how much longer Brenen is here for. We are looking at 8 more weeks. We know we are in the right place for Brene but we also cannot wait for the weeks to slip by. And pray that the Lord makes them go as fast as the time here as already gone.

One last thing about Brenen and food. He was able to have Pizza Hut Pizza for lunch; there was a pizza party for all the kids. Then at supper he finally “graduated” to be able to go down to the cafeteria for supper. They give you a pass for dinner. No that food is not homemade but it is better than the normal fare he gets. He ate both lunch ( Jared fed him and ate pizza with him) and supper wonderful.

I am heading for the pillow. I hope everyone is well. Hug those teenagers for me and tell them you love them.

Love and God Bless; Joyce