Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FarmallFan

Brenen Update

Can't begin to imagine what that young man is going through, I keep him in my thoughts and hope he may keep progressing. Twiss family, you are also in my thoughts daily, Nick

HERE IS TONIGHTS UPDATE

MFB Brenen day 40

Posted 17 minutes ago

Friend/Family

It has been a good day today. The Lord is working in many ways here at MFB. We had a great step for Brenen today. Dr.Olson came today and gave the green light for both of Brenen's arm/ hands to be total weight bearing. I & Brenen went back down to the therapy room to let the therapist know; they are so happy because it really opens up a completely new avenue for Brenen. So far Brenen had only total weight bearing on his right hand/arm. And weight bearing on his left elbow. He was having to wear splints every night to bed and also during the day on the left.See I told you a big step. We know that that Brenen is really going to need to work a long time on both of these hands/arms but atleast we can now start moving forward on strengthing & learning how to use that upperbody.

We did have another step back again today. Brenen has lost more weight again. So now he is down to 114. Not good; but I'm sure burning extra calories staying mostly awake 2 nights and then completely awake for a third night did'nt help. Also are you aware that you burn 7% more calories per hour even with a low grade temp.? I did not know that. We are learning a lot; this was during a meeting with Brenen's Nutritionalist.A very sweet young lady. They have now upped Brenen's calorie intake up from 3,800 to 4,100 calories. They are not even including his treats;Todays: an entire 4oz of applesause at moring theraphy. And then 2 oz of chocolate pudding and 2oz of apple nector. I cannot even imagine 4,100 calorie sitting on 1 plate. ( Brenen is getting tube feed if you missed that along the way)

We are witnessing great things at MFB; and we have decided that we have a very small world. There is a sweet little girl that just came in last week. Her father works with Deb Aebig and had already known all about our Brenen. Wonderful family; I do not know her complete story; nor do I have permission

to share but prayers for her have been added to my list and I will let you all know if I can share with you all. We have an awesome God and he allows us to put many people forward in prayer to him.

Speaking of the Lord; he has shown a great miracle for little Miss Lydia today; SHE MOVED HER LEG ON COMMAND TODAY IN FRONT OF EVERYONE IN THE THERAPHY GYM!!!!It was awesome; she then repeated it for 2 other therapists; everyone of us in the room cried; it was such a GOD momment and it was wonderful to experience. Then when her Mom and I were exercising this evening I found out she also moved the other leg in the pool ( a little slighter moment) And she kicked water at her Mom. Is that cool are what!!!

Brenen & I had a nice visit this afternoon from Rex & JoAnn Kessler; it was a nice visit and so wonderful to see and talk to such a mircle that came through MFB. For those of you that might not know Rex( he lives in Montague also) he was here at MFB for 14 weeks, his story is amazing and he walked through the door to visit Brenen. Brad was disappointed to have missed him by just a couple hours.

Well I & Brenen have had a really busy day and tomorrow already has two

"extras" that I know of so I need some sleep. Good night all.

Love and God Bless; Brad & Joyce

Sincerest thanks to everyone for keeping these updates posted! And still prayers going out from wisconsin.

Sincerest thanks to everyone for keeping these updates posted! And still prayers going out from wisconsin.

Me too and prayers are continuing from Tennessee!

Delete, Paul got yesterday's..

Today's... No wonder he's making progress, working with the "cute" girls for three hours a day :D

Friends/Family

Brenen has had a pretty good day and worked well for all his therapist. He still get tried but is actually seems more willing to work. I believe this is a big step to see. He is allowing more work aleady with the left arm/hand than we expected. Joe his PT & I both sat on small wheeled chairs and helped him work his hands on his wheelchair. It seemed like 5% Brenen Joe & I 95%; small yes but it's all up from there. And the fact that he seems to be "there" more often than not is so helpful. He is again getting more calories & water because his labs came back today showing he is dehydrated. Not alot but some.

Brenen did extremely well in speech therapy ( I am going to start to call it food theraphy) Brenen has a swollow study tomorrow to make certain he is not taking anything into his lungs. Chelsae feels pretty good about this but she needs to make ceratin so Brenen can move along wiht his foods. During this study there is dye added to Brenen's food and it is watched through the entire swollowing process. We will not be able to be in the room but we will be having a "viewing" tomorrow at 1:00. I'll let you know how it goes.

Starr & Joe Brenen's PT therapists are adding another 1/2 hour into his schedule starting tomorrow & his OT therapist Daniela will be loooking to add another 1/2 hour soon. Already today he had 8:30-9:30 PT(joe);10:00 OT(Daniela) 10:30 PT(Starr) 11:00 Speech (Chelsae) 1:00 Speech(Chel)1:30 OT ( daniela) 2:00 PT (joe) 3:00 psyc; 4 1/2-5 hours and we have'nt even gotten his brain fully forward yet; then he will have class work on top of everything; seven days a week. So I guess this is one reason Brenen needs so many calories. Everyhting he does right now takes twice the amount of energy; so he is also quite tired at the end of the day.

Our Jared is here for the night and Brad has to head home for the night so I'm going to close and wish everyone a wonderful evening with your families.

Love & God Bless; Brad & Joyce

Good Morning Friends/Family

I thought I would drop all the early morning risers a note; as I have been up since 3:30. The nurses called me (per my request; we need to really figure out what has changed that Brenen cannot sleep the night through) Well; I & Brad noticed yesterday during PT that Brenen is really breathing heavily through his nose; and you never seem to see him breath through his mouth. We were dicussing this in front of Joe and he gently pinched his nose; and Brenen panicked just a little and finally opened his mouth Joe let go and he went right back to breathing through his nose. As I mentioned earlier during last week Brenen has been strugling with a sinus issue; and like always those issues get worse in the night.

I came down this morning and used his saline spray we are using in the day to help with the sinus issue. He seemed to settle down after a 1/2 hour ( He almost seems to have like a mild panic attack; but of course I am not a doctor.) I held his hand ( okay kids you believe me you would wantyour Mom also if you were in the battle of your life; so no messing with Brenen later; okay!!LOL) He slept for a good hour and guess what Brenen had labs needed this morning so they came in @ 5:45 to draw labs!! It is important especialy with the fact that Brenen cannot communicate; so I cannot complain. The nurses came in to do his morning routine; and now we are working on 45 minutes asleep; but things start moving along here at 7:00 so I have asked if we could hold the rountine for a 1/2 hour extra; Brenen's first theraphy is @ 8:30; instead of 8:00 this morning so it's a go.

Well I am going to be discussing with Doctor & Chelsae today how to go about helping to retrain Brenen to breathe through his mouth if he needs to. I believe this all started when his trac came out and we watched him for the first few hours try to breathe normally instead of through the trac.( It was a very horrible 1/2 day; it was one of those things I did not mention at the time because it was a horrible experience that noone should have to see; and I could'nt at the time really put it to words)

Okay my thought this morning is if Brenen does not realise yet he can breathe through his mouth why would he think he could talk out his mouth. This entire process is how to retrain Brenen's body and mind to do things we all take for granted. Can you tell I'm a little geeked; maybe this is the window to some communication. I have been praying about this for weeks ( as have many of you;THANK-YOU so I'm hoping this might be a step toward the Lord answering that prayer.

MHS staff & Students. I have been thinking of all of you alot lately. And how blessed we are to have such an amazing community ( I have to admit; I have been bragging about our area ALOT so don't surprised if we have some new residents soon )LOL) Kids: have agreat day at school & please as always drive safe. Teachers: Thank-you for the wonderful messages about Brenen and how great a kid he is; I know Brenen knows we love him but sometimes I worry that we did'nt tell him enough HOW GREAT we think he is. Of course he now hears it so much that when he finally gets to talk he might say MOM LEAVE ME ALONE.lol

Talk at you guys later; Love & God Bless; Joyce

P.S.

Could the Girlscout leader who had sent me the valentine message email me @ address deleted by FarmallFan to help stop spamers. The valentines for the children would be great!!! And I would be VERY HONORED to hand them out for the girls. I was a girlscout as a child so it is perfect!!!

Big progress today...

Friends/Family

A GREAT DAY!! For someone that was so tired Brenen had a really good day!!

Brenen communicated with Chelsae his speech therapist by pointing and by slapping her hand. As you all know Brenen has had an issue with his sinus' they are not saying his has an infection,but are starting to treat it like one. Chelsae asked Brenen if he was in any pain. He seemed to shake his head yes so she continued on. Brenen: what hurts Brenen? And Brenen kept patting his own head. Then she asked Brenen does anything else hurt. He took a single finger and touched his bottom lip area.

She reasked and he went again; same thing. Then she asked him if he wanted some medicine for the pain; he seemed a little confused, I asked her to ask him to touche her hand if he wanted some tyneol; he picked his hand up and went for her hand. It was so cool I cried. Our sister in law Robyn was here and she and I both had to wipe tears away. This is the first time it has been so "REAL" with out wondering if he got lucky with a button. And it was the first time we got a look into how he is FEELING.

Praise the Lord.

Another wonderful thing happened today Brenen had his swollow test; Robyn and I had our viewing of Brenen's test. It was neat. And what was even better; he did WONDERFUL!!! He was given atleast two bites of everything: Applesause, pudding, a fruitcocktail,mac & cheese, 2 different thickened juices, and even water ( this one worried me) Every single thing went wonderful; and he even was really tired. Another prayer answered. Brenen will slowly start to have "real" food introduced tomorrow. Mash potatoes it sounds like. It is still a slow process but WOW more food. They will still keep him on 4,100 calories of tube feeding but this is an awesome step!!!

We are so blessed to have such amazing therapist who are so pacient. I am really starting to see a steps ( baby) forward and right this very minute Brenen is sitting next to me BORED and he is gently moving his wheel chair back in forth on his own.( just kind of in place) I am trying to "not" notice because it's almost lately like he wants to do it himself and I know my son is very independant( always has been) and likes to do things his own way. So I think not making a big deal might be better than noticing. Sorry I am going on but once again this is a huge step because the only way he has been doing this has been with coaxing. I think he might like to keep it secret, because it's like he keeps stopping if I look over.

Everyone have wonderful evening and I'll keep you posted.

Love & God Bless; Joyce

AN UPDATE FROM THIS MORNING.

Brenen MFB Morning

Posted 6 hours ago

Good Morning again early birds:

This getting up early stuff is hard I do not think I could do it every day; as I know many of you do.

Brenen did get a bit more sleep last night but woke up around 3:30 so I have been down here since 4:30. Which is fine I think I have made a difference in him settling down; although he did not get back to sleep he is more settled down. I even had a suggestion from one of the nurses here to try his Ipod on low; didn't make him go to sleep but it did settle him down a bit. He really seems to be coming more "forward" so this is expected and I am SO ready for it. Brad was already disappointed that I asked to be awaken if Brenen was awake more than an hour so please try not to send me posts of that reguard. I can't fall asleep well if I don't believe they are going to let me know.( it's a Mom thing; and anyone that knows me knows I have not slept well in years; since Jared our eldest had issues in the night with his diabetes) Besides I can nap later and I was able to sleep an hour later than Brenen. We will see how his day goes today, he did get 6 hours of sleep; not enough but better than yesterday.

Brenen had lab work done again this morning but not quite as early. I have mentioned in earlier posts that Dr. is concerned because Brenen gets getting dehydrated.She has ordered a osmoality test. Kids (and this adult) This is a test to check if Brenen's body is using his water intake properly, not a good thing if he is not but there is medication he can take if we have an issue. Like everything else; I plan to look this up on Web MD to understand it better. My simple mind can already wrap around the fact that it would not be good for your organs, esp your kidneys.

I am going to go back up to our room @ the In and get my shower. I promise I am feeling pretty good( I do not feel tired at all) ANd I do plan to get a nap later today.Have a wonderful safe day.

Love & God Bless: Joyce

Paul, thanks for getting the lastest update on here. I didn't see it till just now.

Nothing beats a home cooked meal!

Friends/Family

Dad is trying to do Brenen's night time teeth routine. He has been fighting the night time routine quite a bit lately; he is becoming more aware of everything around him in the last week. One of those being getting his teeth brushes 3-4 times a day. When he was not eatting or drinking anything it was extremly important to keep his mouth moist and clean. He loved it then, now the teenager is saying you must be kidding. I was the only person he would allow near his mouth ( remember he had the trac & everyone; except his parents kept deep suctioning him) Now we are having an issue in the morning and at night I wait until he is almost asleep. Dad was not able to get his boy to give in either. So we'll wait until he's almost asleep.

Today Brenen worked well for Joe. Joe is trying a new item with Brenen to try to get him to "help" with his own transfers. He would like him to lean forward and hold onto Joes arms while Joe does the transfer.( I had been helping; even though Brenen is only 117lbs he is akward to move) Brenen is stuggling with the concept of this but he only has been "trying" for 3 sessions. Joe is happy that Brenen is following comands with him better. If Joe tells him to move his hand, it might take awhile but he continues to make the effort.And Joe is able to get him to hold his hand in place until he gets permission to move the hand. These baby steps can make his Mom cry, but I NEVER let Brenen see me cry because I am not certain he will realise these are tears of joy.

Brenen's first "lunch" did not go too well. It did take me back in time though.( Brenen was a picky eatter @ 3) I knew Brenen was going to get mashed potatoes, but I am blonde. They were REALLY GROSS instant potatoes. Our boys have NEVER liked instant potatoes. ( I took a small bite; they were really gross) Brenen SPIT them out his mouth the second he got them in. I do not know what I was thinking, they would'nt peal potatoes for an entire hospital. The next thing on the tray was a VERY BLANDE Manicoti, he did allow this in his mouth but he would not swallow.Chalsae gave in and let him have a sip of juice to wash it down. Nope he shook his head. Finally he seemed to get most of it down so she decided to let him have a little fruit. That went okay so he went on to the custard, I thought she meant custard pudding, nope it was the old fashion custard your Grandma made. And then Brenen really lost it. He would not take a single bite of anything after that. This all might have been a bit funny; but for Brenen to get off his feeding tube he has to be able to match his calorie intake he is receiving from the Feeding tube. 4,100 calories is Alot of food and he can only have food prepared him at MFB. Wow! right?

Brenen has been extremly tired tonight after bath and seems to be totally out and his Mom is so ready for bed. So goodnight all.

Love & God Bless; Brad & Joyce

Friends/Family

Today was Brenen's best day yet for theraphy, and I hope to beable to say that over and over again. Compared to many people here Brenen is moving slow but it is so exciting to see your son be placed on his belly for the first time in theraphy and watch him hold himself up with his forarms for 10 seconds.He did a few reps of this with breaks in between.( Starr his therapist was quite surprised he did so well on the firt try.) He did an awesome job; I worked really hard and did not cheer as we are down with the adults. Besides Brenen seems to not want any attention on what he is doing. Remember gently moving the chair back and forth, a bit more of that.

Brenen also worked his wheel cahir a little better with Dad on one side and Joe on the other. I would say it's about 20% Brenen and 80% the guys. Baby step but its a step forward. And the big part is he wants to do the work.Brenen is also starting to flip his body back from being up on his side quite well. He is following comands so much better also. Like wait til i count to 10 Brenen before you flip. He has now gotten the idea how to hold himself up right with a hand on each side; it's still quite slow ( 10 seconds) but it is also the fact that he wants to. He is an extremly stubborn person so once he really wraps his mind around all of this I know we're going to go far.

I mentioned the other day that Brenen is back up to 117 ( the lowest was 113.6) His calorie intake was upped again and Brenen is now up to 4,300 calories. I think I confused a few people with this food/ tube feeding portion. Brenen will stay on the feeding tube until he gets his weight back on and is able to eat normally with full meals.At this time Brenen is eatting only 3-4 bites of most foods. He has handled 4 oz of applesause/ pudding/ice cream at a setting. Sorry he is a long way from getting off the feeding tube.

I hope this finds everyone well; I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Love & God Bless;Brad & Joyce

Friends/Family

Brenen's day was the relaxing day of most teenagers. He decided to take it easy most of the day.He did do therapy but his heart was'nt in it. He is now fighting any thing that goes near his mouth including a tooth brush. I still am able to bruash his teeth after he has his nighttime meds. So once a day is all I am getting at this point.

Grandpa & Grandma Collins brought cousin Timmy up to hang with Brenen so Tim got to see the theraphy room and the weight equiptment Brenen has been introduced to for the future. Joe has shown Brenen all of this but would like to wait a little longer so as not to overwelm Brenen. It was good for Timmy to get some one on one wiyh his cousin.

Brenen also had Brenda & Matt Vanderzanden come up to visit. Brenen seemed to know who they were. Then: Taylor Vincent, Kyle Eilers, & Christopher Bates all walked in to the room and we had afull house. So I figured it would be good for Brenen just to have some "guy time" Timmmy,Matt, Taylor,Kyle, & Chris went to the Inn with Brenen. They only had him for an hour but I feel it was good for all of them especially Brenen. Don't worry they all understand the rules and kept it real low key> I did'nt mention it earlier but "the close buds" and little Holly all came right after Christmas to see Brenen. (At the time it was important not to overwelm Brenen so his doctors said only a few friends.) Well at that time Brenen was only "with it" maybe 10-15 minutes of the hour but now it's the opostite he seems to not understand maybe 10 mintes. The guys all noticed this also( which made me feel good) It really shows how our baby steps are building and it was a wonderful feeling. Seeing the guys was great also; it did make me feel short though.

The evening wrapped up and both Brenen and I were ready for bed early; so I'm sorry your getting this post late.

Take care and God Bless; Joyce

Friends/Family

Today started out with Brad calling to ask me if my day was going better than his. He was stuck on our road trying to get out. He ended up having to plow the road. I know you might be wondering how that could happen when we had no new snow. Well where we live the wind can pick up ( wide open fields)and all the snowin the fields comes back and drifts over the roads. Then we had a little warm up which packs the snow down.Hard to break through with out 4Wheel Drive. It did make it in so I was able to go to half our niece Ashley's Volleyball game here in GR. It was nice to go do something as normal as sit and get "bleacher bottom" and cheering on the team. They did well and they will be playing again this direction in March so I am looking forward to going again in March.

I was with Brenen for half of his theraphies; he did okay for his weekend OT therapist but would not do a single thing for the weekend speech therapist atleat with food. He clenched his teeth shut and shook his head NO! This is almost cute except for the fact that it is so important for him to eat if he ever wants to get off tube feeding.

Brad said he did pretty good for the rest of the day in therapy.

His day finished off pretty well "uncle" Jeff came and and hung out with Brad & Brenen. He stayed quite a few hours which was good for Brad too to get in some normal guy talk. ( most likely tractors & football, too bad I missed it. LOL)

The guys were'nt important once Miss Holly and her family showed up. I am sorry to have missed them as I was off watching our Ashley; but they were'nt here to see me. (LOL) Brad said they were happy to see how he is coming along as they have'nt been here in while. It is great to hear this as I am with him day in day out and sometimes I like to be reminded how far Brenen has come.

Our Sis in Law Robyn brought us a photo book that Amy Sweeny & her daughter Elizabeth made for Brenen of the Pancake Breakfast our wonderful communtiy had for Brenen. Brad and I are so blessed to come from such an amazing community. I have already shown the staff here and bragged again about everyone.

They really are going to be sick of me when we leave here.

Well it SUPERBOWL (43)SUNDAY. And the game is on GO CARDINALS Brad & I are going for the underdogs. It's something we usually do. It does feel a bit different not to be up to Pentwater @ Grieners hanging out watching the game. This is something we've done for many Super Bowls; and for the record Brenen would most likely be for Steelers; just because the rest of the room (us) are going Cardinals. This has been an every year event @ Grieners & a family joke. We should have sent some $$ with Jeff ( he was headed to Pentwater from here) for a square; good luck friends @ all your super bowl parties and your "jackpot" winnings that go on at almost all superbowl parties we know of. Our Jared is having agroup of friends at our home right now; so it's a good thing they're pretty good kids ( young adults) also Grandpa & Grandma are right down the road. We're covering our bases are'nt we? LOL

Good night & God Bless; Brad & Joyce

jQuery(document).ready(function(){ }

HERE IS THE LATEST UPDATE

Brenen MFB Day 47

Posted 4 hours ago

Friends/Family

Brenen worked hard in his therapies today. Joe had him sat up right with a small bench across his legs; then he had Brenen use his arms for balancing himself. Brenen did not like this at first but eventually he gave in and balanced himself for 20 seconds by the end of the day. This was huge; he does seem to want to work for Joe but when trying to balance himself he tends to push himself too quickly back. It is a little see-sawish but he is slowly getting the idea of getting his balance.

He seems to work best lately for Joe and I'm hoping it isn't back to when he was little and we started requesting a male teacher because Brenen tended to get his female teachers wrapped around his finger. All great teachers but when he was in elementary he would bat those eyes at Mom when he would get into trouble and say I Love You Momma; so I guess it was my fault. I was a push over when he was little. I did toughen up as he has gotten older, but he is still my baby.

Brenen finally ate 2 oz of ice cream today; it took a lot of coaxing but I took 2 spoons one for him one for me I took a bite he took a bite. I believe I am starting to earn his trust back. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes and "his Chelsae will be back so that might or might not help as she and I were the ones that tried him out on the fake potatoes.

It's time to start the night time routine, so I need to go. I hope everyone is well and everyone in Montague/ Rothbury is enjoying our little area because I have to admit i'm starting to get a little homesick. I cannotimagine what Brenen must be thinking.

Take care & God Bless; Joyce

TAKE CARE EVERYONE!

PAUL

a long road to be sure. hang in there brenen! make progress as it comes.

HERE WE ARE WITH THE LATEST UPDATE

"Brenen Day 48 MFB

Posted 4 hours ago

Good evening Family and Friends,

First off I have to confess this is Brad filling in on Care Page writing tonight as Joyce went home for the day and will sleep in our bed tonight. So forgive me if this ole Farmboy doesn’t write as eloquent as his beautiful wife. :)

Today Brenen worked well in rehab, again sitting up with the table over his legs and supporting himself, although he did resist until he realized Joe wasn’t going to give up. Daniela is getting more movement in the left fingers. We did have some extra excitement today. After Daniela finished therapy this afternoon we were at Brenen’s left side talking and I noticed he was looking to his left and holding his eyes there, something he hasn’t been doing. I wanted to give a big Yee Ha! But I kept my emotions low key in fear of being ask to leave the therapy gym. Joe also had Brenen in his pump wheel chair and allowed me to bring it up to the 3rd floor so I could work with Brenen in it as well. So tonight Brenen traveled probably the length of a football field with my assistance and resting from time to time. I think he was really getting the concept down. Can’t wait to work with him and the pump chair again tomorrow.

God Bless and Goodnight to all"

YES A VERY LONG ROAD INDEED, CONTINUED THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR THE FAMILY!

TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE!

PAUL

Glad to hear of the continued progress. Thanks Paul for keeping up everyone updated. I've been kinda busy this week.

HERE IS SOME MORE GOOD NEWS!

Brenen MFB Day 49

Posted 2 hours ago

Family & Friends:

Thank-you so much for all the well wishes and the continued prayers. It was wonderful to get home and spend an evening with Jared and sleep in my own bed. I did not like how icy the back roads are and I pray everyone ( esp. the kids) are being extra careful. I hear we have a warm up coming so I hope that thaws everything out.

I hurried back here because Brenen was to get his first "pool time" today. So sad it had to be rescheduled. Boo Hoo! Poor kid it looks like he won't be able to get in until next week.

I missed all the rest of therapies today; but the word from Brad was that Brenen worked extremely hard for all his therapies today. And he even ate applesauce again for Chelsae. Yes! Food again. I'm sure she plans to take it slow to make certain we do not go back to square one again.

The BIG NEWS tonight is; Brad got Brenen to work his one handled wheelchair again; as he did last night. He said it was like 50-50 on the work. At the very end Brad had Brenen do the last 20 feet all on his own it was so awesome. Everyone in the hall cheered and he got a hug from his pretty nurse Mel. I cried of course and not only gave Brenen a hug and a well done but Brad as well. I have to say he was so patient, this took over 1/2 hour( I do have an awesome husband; thank-you Jesus), and I worked on watching from afar until the very end. See I told you it was BIG NEWS!!

Brad is planning on doing this routine again tomorrow. Brenen does get quite tired from therapy so I am to see if he'll nap @3:30 when he gets done with therapy so he can take 1/2 hour with Dad to do work the chair a little extra in the evening. He has always worked better for his father on projects so this should continue to improve a little each night. It's all about the baby steps.

The Lord is blessing our family with all these steps that I have to feel the Lord is planning some better way to communicate soon. We are getting some Yes/No questions answered( with buttons or head shakes) but I would give anything to hear some words from Brenen.

Brenen seems to have really taken a serious step forward on "wanting to work". It is great; I still feel he tries to get away with a little more with his "lady" therapists. Brad & I both talked to them about it and we feel they were listening. Hopefully didn't get offended, they are both very good at their jobs; but we know our little " angel" can be a scamp at times so it's our job to let them know.

Thank-you again for all your continued prayers, I know they are working. We are witnessing it daily. Maybe in small doses, but the Lord is walking with us through this journey and we and Brenen will make it.

Love & God Bless; Joyce

TAKE CARE ALL

PAUL

More baby steps, even though they are small, are a good thing! Thanks again Paul for getting this up here.

Good Afternoon Family & Friends

Sorry there was not an update yesterday. The internet was down for awhile here and when we told it was back up Brad's work lap top would not work.

I am back to standing in line with the teenagers (LOL) for the computer. Brad is planning on taking the computer to work with him on Monday; so hopefully we'll be back in business next week. I have to confess this care page is also a way for me to feel conected to the outside world some. Currently Grandma Collins is here with Brenen and I; but she is due to leave tonight. Jared is going to be here for the weekend and Brad is here most every evening so I will still have someone to talk to. It can become a bit loney in the evening. I do talk to Brenen but he has never been a talker so even when the Lord bless' us with a form of communication he will be wanting his Mom to be quite.

I might have mentioned before that our dear friend Sandra Scheffler has been an awesome support for us throughout this entire journey. Well one of the many things she has done for us is she has been printing these carepages off for us each day.(THANK-YOU AGAIN SANDY) since I could'nt get back on the internet last night I went into the many folders she has brought us and reread some of the wonderful messages. It made me cry to look back at everyones love & support and I felt so good to see all the baby steps have really grown into a large step forward. Thank-you dear Jesus!!!

I have to say Brenen is starting to show improvement in every area of theraphy. The Lord is here and he is workig on all these baby steps for our Brenen; so all of your, our,& many extended friends, churches prayers are being answered. Granted it is a lot slower than any of us could ever imagine, but the Lord's time is not our time.

Big News from yesterday was that Brenen went into the pool for over a half hour. We were a little concerned that he might have panicked, nope he was great. He was very realxed and seemed to really enjoyed his pool time. It was nice to see him in the pool because it enables a person to move more freely. He did alot of back floating and realxing back onto his therapist Daniela. There were actually two therapist in the pool with him at all times so I promise he was completely safe.

Today is going well; and I will try to get back on later I have cute young "Tween" waiting for this computer. and her talking to her friends at home is alot more important then my rambling.

Love & God Bless Joyce

P.S. Sorry no spell check or time to go back over; LOL

Friends/Family

I am currently sitting over at the Inn with Jared on one side and Brenen on the other. I do miss my other man Brad; he is at home working sealing up our basemen before the next big thaw. We are watching spiderman. It is nice to sneak away for our two hours, but I would so love to relaxing together in Montague in our own livingroom. It is starting to get a little difficult not to become (the J word) when a few of the other children that arived here after us have gotten to go home. And some of the children here are able to go home for a few hours.Does

ake a person a little J; but the Lord does have plans for our son; so I can be pacient. That brings me to some other news. At our group meeting last Tuesday we were told that Brenen will need to be here another 10-12 weeks So we are back to square one on the time table thing here. We have been expecting it but it is still kind of hard to hear and see in writing.

On a good note Brenen did really well in therapy today. He did a lot of balancing himself center. It has been a problem of him doing a great deal of see-sawing because he tends to overcompasate and through himself back too much. I believe it might have been because big brother Jared was here. Or maybe because he had guy therapist today. This was a good day because he did work for the weekend therapist; I hope it continues.

And for speeh Brenen ate both applesause and had some juice.He did really and later in his room he did some low "voicing" Not any words but sound. It is something to build on.

I hope this note finds everyone well and enjoying life.

Love & God Bless; Joyce