Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FarmallFan

Brenen Update

Today's update...

Brenen day6 MFB

Posted 23 minutes ago

Good evening I am going to try this one last time I had the entire page typed and the lap top went black, I thought I had it plugged in. I did not & the battery seems short.

After reading the posts from everyone I cannot help but feel blesed to come from an area, school, community where it's OKAY to say I'll PRAY for you!! Thank-you. It is said to me how many people do not have that. Just look at how when we werre al children you always heard Merry Christmas now many people have switched to Happy Holidays because they do not wish to offend. So I'm pleased to have the opposite, Merry "CHRIST"mas!!

Brenen had an okay day today, therapy went well he even went to another room on this floor and sat at a table and used his arms to hold his body up. I know it seems small, but it's huge. He has lost a lot of weight & he is quite weak. We worked on Brenen hitting a ball out of Mom's hand. He seemed to like it when I showed him how to punch it. This is with the right hand which has a heavy cast on it so it's work. He managed a few times.

In his next therapy one of the things that he is working on is how to hold himself up in a sitting position. Big time work; yesterday in his room he was sat on the edge of the bed ( with help) and was able to on command bend forward & then with help he was able to try to bend back. Kind of like a sit up. This is something we all take for granted, I know I did until now.

He of course is only handling afew of anything and this is really just the beginning. Wow! Another way to learn patience.

Kids after talking to a few of Brenens friends I feel I need to clarify a few things. Brenen has laong road ahead of him; it is generally only in the movies or in soap operas that someone snaps out of it and is normal. Brenen will be normal again ( a new kind of normal) but it is going to take a lot of time, love, prayers and work by Brenen. At the end of this battle Brenen will be a very strong person and will have battled for his life in a way I pray none of you will ever have to. Also Brenen looks great, he does not have patches of his hair removed for tests. I'm not certain where that one came from. He does have one small scar at his hairline, from a very small cut from the accident; it is totally healed. Yes his right arm is in a cast, that cast only has 3-4 weeks left and then it's gone. His left arm and hand was damaged the worst and that is the area where his new skin graft is. The Graft is only on the top of his left hand. Brenen does have a neck/back brace on which will be coming off in approx 2 more months. He is healing well. We are waiting patiently on the area that no one can really give atime table to. His Brain. It will heal, but we need to be patient.

Well I'm going to post this before I lose it again; I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening. Take care.

Love & God Bless; Joyce

THANK YOU FOR GETTING THIS UPDATE ON HERE

TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE1

PAUL

Thanks for the info.

optimism rocks.

You just have to be strong one day at a time.

Today's update...

Good Evening all: Can you believe it has already been a week. And I have decided that the Lord has already answered a prayer that I am struggling with; TIME! I think since the Lord knows real time is needed to heal Brenen & that cannot be helped he has decided to keep me busy so the days just fly by. “ My faith in the Lord and that he is always in control: has tripled. I do not know how people without faith get through something like this. Thank-you New Era Bible Church for my wonderful childhood memories and for picking us country kids up every Sunday morning & Wednesday Evening. As a child I most likely took that for granted but as an Adult I do know that all of those memories have helped me throughout the years @ Shelby Congregational Church (early married life) & Now (moved to Twiss corners) @Claybanks United Methodist Church (sorry Pentwater I am sorry I do not remember the name of the Baptist Church we attended back then) All of my life I have been surrounded by wonderful caring people; so many people so, so many memories!!! I know why I have always asked “little ones” if they have a Sunday school; because it has been a huge building block of who I am.

Where am I going with this; Invite someone to church; I know many of you have asked what you could do for me: Prayers and inviting someone to church that’s it; but it’s huge to me.

Brenen’s day was a lot like yesterday; many of the therapists did the same routine, except they’re looking for more. He also had one therapist do pressure points on his back. Anything that will help is fine with me. Brenen also got to have sucker swished around in his sides of his mouth. He cannot have it in his mouth completely because they know he will bite down on it. And then he might take it down into his lungs. Wow! Is he going to be happy when that trach is gone. We have gotten the idea from most of the staff that its days are numbered. Thank-you Jesus!!

Brenen’s nurses were happy that he is showing more attitudes, which shows he’s coming around. But one of them might have changed her mind because tonight he socked her in the shoulder with his right. She may have changed her mind about how much she likes him now. He was pretty out of it when he did it and he has been taught NEVER to hit a girl! So he will feel bad when he finds out he did this. Nice lady too; she said it was okay; I of course felt bad.

Tomorrow morning we have a meeting with his entire “team” to see how he is progressing and everyone brings to the table concerns, questions, and ideas. We are looking forward to this to see if everyone is on the same road as we think. Also tomorrow afternoon we have an appointment with his leg doctor. I guess we have a special bus we will hitch a ride on.Atleast we don’t have to drive in the bad weather. It will be door to door service, pretty cool right?!

I am going to close this for now & wish everyone a great night. It’s Dad’s turn to sleep in the room and I have a really comfy bed calling my name.

Love & God Bless; Brad&Joyce

Here is today's update...

Brenen MFB Day 8

Posted 10 minutes ago

Friends/Family: Brenen has had a busy day; his parents also. We had our team meeting: went well no new surprises. We were told 8-12 weeeks more at MFB. That's our first time frame and they said it could change plus or minus. We have been told if you were to look at Brenen's issues.

A person that has lost both legs; usually here 2 months

A person that has his hand/ arm issues; usually here 2 months

A person that has brain issues; usually 2-3 months

So how long we are here is really up to the Lord & Brenen's willingness to work hard.

At Brenen's Dr. Appt. things went really well things are healing really well and he will now be fitted for leg compresses.

He was quite tired at the appointment because his therapy's were all moved the morning so he had a very busy morning. Needless to say he napped through a lot of his appointment. Xray's & stitches/stapels out; so it was a really mellow time.

Then we came back to or "new Home" and had a surprise. Brenen's doctor's desided to "try" out capping his trach!!! Frist they put in a size 4/ he had a size 6. They then capped it. Brenen has been breathing through his mouth & nose for the last FOUR & HALF HOURS. His oxygen levels are still at 95-99%.

100% is the best; so he is doing AWESOME!!!! It was a little scary for him at first and he took a while to settle down; a little hard on the parents. But after about an hour he settled down. He will still have it uncapped to sleep/ with a mister for moisture to sleep. ( he has been having the mister since the day he got the trach.)

This is a HUGE step; so we are very excited. Thank-you dear Jesus!! See just last night I was writing about this crazy trach, I realize it's not gone; but we're headed that direction. And I think it's an awesome Christmas gift!!!!

Brenen & Brad are relaxing watching a program on the Titanic. It's nice. Jared has always been all about the Titanic which makes me miss our eldest right now. The weather is of course been horrible. And we have told him not to try to get here until the weather breaks. He will be here on Christmas; and I will love it. We have always as a family done so much together so it's been quite different. And of course we know he's not alittle boy: He's 20; but if you see him on Christmas Eve give him a hug from me okay.He is getting spoiled by both sets of grandparents so don't feel too bad for him. And we know he is being kept well fed!!! Both Grandmas do alot of canning so he most likely is eatting all the "winter Stores" It's a good thing they both still "can" enough for a family. They both had 5 children so feeding Jared should be close!!!LOL

Love & God Bless; Brad & Joyce

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Prayer really does work. Been down the recovery road before, he'll pull through, just keep remembering, TIME! The Mrs. and I will be keeping him and the family in our prayers every day!

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Prayer really does work. Been down the recovery road before, he'll pull through, just keep remembering, TIME! The Mrs. and I will be keeping him and the family in our prayers every day!

I couldn't have said it better my self. So I quoted horsetrainer. :);)

I couldn't have said it better my self. So I quoted horsetrainer. :);)

HAVE TO THIRD THIS,TOTALLY AWESOME!

ALSO A THANK YOU TO FARMALLFAN FOR GETTING THESE UP ON HERE AS I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THIS PUTER FOR COUPLE DAYS AND BARELY FOR LAST SEVERAL DAYS!

TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE!

PAUL

This was posted yesterday, I didn't see it on here yet so...

Friends/ Family

It has been a different Christmas, but nice. Grandma Twiss, Uncle Eric & Aunt Jill came by in the morning for a visit. With the weather being so terrible it had been quite awhile since they had been able to visit. And they made the coment on "HOW FAR HE HAS COME" Kids:You know when someone comes to visit that you have not seen in awhile; and they make the comment "WOW have you've grown" well they see it more than your parents because Mom & Dad are always around. Well it hit me it's just like that. So I went back into these care pages and really took a look. They were right, He's come a long way! Granted he has a long way too go; but I'm celebrating the progress.

BIG STEP: Brenen slept the entire night with his trach CAPPED. He is over 24 hours now. YES!! Thank-you Jesus!!! Staff has mentioned that his next step will be to reintroduce food. I'm certain Brenen will be HAPPY!! That trach's days are numbered. His lungs sound good and his Oxygen is

@ 100% Pretty cool; right?!

Grandpa & Grandma Collins, Aunt Flo,Aunt Vicky& Uncle Tim, Cousins Dan & Timothy, Uncle Neal & Aunt Shell & Uncle Laurence Came and brought JARED and Christmas dinner. The dinner was wonderful as always but I am thrilled to have our Jared with us. He is staying the night and hanging with us and little Bro. Our dinner was over at "the Inn" where we are staying and after dinner we were able to bring Brenen( for an entire hour) over to "the Inn" It is on the fourth floor of the out patient portion of MFB. ( SO there is a walk way over the street; and its heated and enclosed) They have a separate lounge with a beautiful Christmas tree and comfy chairs. ( It was'nt home but it was wonderful) Brenen came over after we had dinner; he would not have appreciated missing all the good food. He had many gifts and was spoiled; big brother Jared helped him with his unwrapping. He slept through part of it; but finally was awake for awhile. He is going to be really happy once he figures out what he got for Christmas.

Right now we think his biggest gift was getting to spend time with Brother because after everyone left he sat and watched Myth Busters with Bro and kept trying to swing an arm at him every now and then. Jared kept asking him "what did I do?" It was kind of cute and Brad told Brenen it was most likely one of the few times he could get away with it; so go for it.( I promise it was cute)\

Speaking of Jared I have to go he wants to paly a game of Air hockey with me in the rec room; wish me luck.

Love & God Bless all of you on this CHRISTmas Day.

Brad,

Joyce, Jared & Brenen

New update, with more good news...

Somehow I have miss counted a few times because i have just counted and we are @ day 13. Sorry to have missed yesterday; I went to put the pass waord in for Brad's work lap top and I have messed up his "password" so it will not let me in. And this computer is usually tied up; here I am.

We and Brenen had AWESOME news yesterday!!! Dr.Olson came and checked his skin graft & changed his dressing. It looks good!!! Thank-you Jesus; we were a bit worried because he has been hitting it on everything. Brad did explain to Dr. about the hitting the rails & he padded it really well plus Brad ran pillows up the rails on the left side. He of course stll has healing to do; but it is really headed down the right road. Also the site were Doctor took the skin graft from looks awesome!! He is healing so fast. He will not even have dressing on it starting tomorrow. Pretty cool right?!!

Brenen is still capped for his trach!! He was capped Christmas Eve morning and it has stayed capped since then. His Doctor is looking to totallly remove the trach as long as things stay this good all the rest of the weekend. I will let you know when this occurs as I will be cheering!!!The cap they put on is "red" so I told Brenen it is Mom's Christmas gift from him and it's the best gift he has ever given me. Even better than all those "Santa's Secret Workshop" gifts when he was a little boy. LOL

I want to close this with thoughts and prayers to the Abieg/Grumm Families

We are so truly sorry about Kelly. I cannot even find the words to express myself to you. Your family has already been through so much with Amber.Our Claybanks church is I am sure holding you all up in hugs and prayers but know we are also all the way here at MFB.

Love & God Bless; Brad & Joyce

Today's update, more progress B)

Friends/Family

Good Evening it has been a busy day. Brenen has theraphy even on Sundays and Mom is used to that being a family day. It might not seem like a lot but it really keeps your day busy.

Brad & Jared went home to dael with the home front on the 26th, and they thought they had everything taken care of. Well right before Brad was due to head back he went down to the basement to check on something. Guess what the ole' farm house basement desided to flood. Poor Brad & Jared what a mess. Needless to say Brad will not be making it back today as planned. I'm sure he already has it under control and or has enlisted some family help. Wow are we blessed to live at Twiss' Corners.

Great News today: I went over to our room ( needed a shower) so I missed part of one of Brenen therapies. I came into his room toward the end and Starr one of his therapist let me know " You missed it Mom" Me: Really what? Starr:Brenen asked for you twice-he said Mom then said it again. and then said the word: Hot Starr took one of his blankets off and he settled down.Pretty coll; right?!!!! I felt bad I missed it but he was looking for me and might not have said it had I not snuck over to get the shower. It is a pretty good baby step as far as we're concerned.

I'm going to head back to the room. Grandpa & Grandma are here and I want to brag about our Boy. The Lord is working so many little miricles with our young man and I cannot wait to see the next one.

I hope this finds everyone well and " dry" Goofy Michigan weather.

Love and God Bless; Brad & Joyce

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Will keep the prayers coming. Bet time is moving pretty fast there now, or at least feels like it!

I didn't see this posted so here you go, more wonderful news!!

HUGE STEP---The trach is out!!!! Sorry just had to brag!!! I and Brenen have had abusy day and we're both tried. So not much time to talk, but I needed to let you all know the Great News.

The Lord is watching over my young man and I know it. Thank-you all for your continued prayers. I realize we have a long way to go but I feel like celebrating. I know Brenen feels better without the trach you can just see it on his face. Now they will start toward giving him tastes of food. ( liquids at first) I am looking forward to something other than just a feeding tube. Brenen has always been thin but he has lost 22 pounds and it's really hard to see him so thin.

Good night all.

Love & God Bless; Joyce

Another update today.

Friends/ Family The day has gone by so quickly, I cannot believe it is already 5:00. Our Jared is here to hang with bro; so I have a few minutes.

The last 2 days Brenen has decided to show some attitude again; when he does not like something that is going on he is trying to flip his wheel chair. Kind of throwing his body quickly to one side. The smarty pants even had one wheel off the ground at one point. It's good thing I'm not a dainty person and can react quick. It's not a continual thing but it is a bit trying. So I am very happy muscles is with him right now. His Mom of course was smart enough to put the bed to one side & myself in a chair on the other. Going for a walk is going to be a lot better with Jared here.

Also; we HAVE to have every side rail( on his bed) completely up or he is trying to escape at times. Oh well the Lord knows I need some exercise.

Brenen has been having his some of his feedings put into his stomach today; they by- passed that before. And it is going really well. They will slowly increase the amount each day. And yes; pizza & burgers are some of Brenen's favorites so when they come along he will be so happy!!! I have eatten in the room with him but I puposely have something he would not like. Salad's rabbit food you know. Although a burger off the grill does sound pretty good right now.

Brad is still home dealing with our new river. I guess we really should have tiled around the basement a couple years ago when we had a small issue because now we have a real issue. Poor guy; he's hoping to make it up for New Years Eve tomorrow.

I might need to sneak home sometime in the future when Brenen is talking and tells me he wants some space. Because Jared and his friends put up Christmas at our home in the hope that I would get a chance to come home and see it. I am sorry I did'nt see it before Christmas ( Mr. Twiss was going to kidnap me & make me go home for an hour so I would see it; but the weather did not help) I will be seeing it even if it's in the spring. It's agreat thing I have so many "fake"trees. And by the way if you guys think it was silly now that I did'nt get home; PLEASE DO NOT because it made my day and I LOVED the fact that you guys helped my Jared celebrate & get his mind off everthing!! I love you all!!I DO NOT want anything down until I get a chance to see it: thanks again!!!

I'm going to close this for now and want to tell everyone to have a SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Thank-you all for sharing our "baby steps" and for the continued prayers.

Love & God Bless; Brad, Joyce, Jared & Brenen

Thanks for posting these for us Farmallfan, and W.K. I read them here instead of loggin in to read them on the hospital's site. I'm sure the other forum members also appriciate the updates.

Yes Guys thanks for posting the updates .Glad things are going well.

Glad to do it. Here's another update

Good Evening Friends/Family

New Years Eve Day Jared worked with brother on therapy and also spent some time his Mom. So the Lord answered another prayer for me: I was missing our eldest; I got tohave a little one on one and catch up on everything he has going on. He then went to spend " the Eve" with a group of friends. Brad got his brother Dean & his father Leon to cover our water in the basement issue (THANK-YOU SO VERY MUCH GUYS!!) So he came and spent New Years Eve with Brenen and I. We took Brenen back to our room in the Inn for awhile. It was great Brad & Brenen watching football just like at home. Brenen went to bed @ 10:00 and Brad & I went for a walk to the Lacks Center. They have a beautiful 5th floor that over looks the city: There is a garden & an indoor Atrium( spelled wrong) with palm trees & beautiful flowers. Very peaceful. Then at Midnight we watched the " Ball" drop. It was nice.

It has been a busy day off from Brenen. There are only 4 days at MFB without therapy: Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years Day. Brad stayed with him over night so I got tosleep in the room ( I know I'm almost ready for him to be alone at night but. He is not talking yet & cannot push a button to call for help. Either one would give me more peace of mind. Just a goofy Mom thing.

Any way Brad went back to the "homestead" with high hopes the water sitution has let up. Crazy; right?!! Brenen had a lot of visitors today: Big Brother Jared came with his girlfriend Monica. And Grandpa & Grandma Collins broght him more "pants' then Aunt Jill & Aunt Heidi showed up to be his personal "taylors" and brought him some tees and a sew machine along to rework all his tees with velcro in the back to make getting them over his back/ neck brace easier. Just minutes after sis' left Uncle Dean, Aunt Robyn, Cousin Josh & his girlfriend Ashley showed up. Jared took Brenen over to the Inn for awhile and he did really well. So for a day off Brenen has been busy and was quite tired, everyone kept it pretty low key.

It was nice to here Aunts & Uncles that had not seen Brenen in a week comment how different he looked and for Grandpa to comment how much more alert he seems and he just saw him three days ago. I know he is slowing making progress, but it is alittle harder for me to see it as I am with him every day.

Brenen has a busy therapy day tomorrow and I'm tired from the day also.

The Lord is watching over us and all the prayers & thoughts are helping give us peace knowing that "HE" is in control and "HE" has a plan. I realize it might be quite different than "MY" plan; but it does give you peace to know that there is a much bigger picture there than "our" small little minds can provide. And we have to thank the Lord that each baby step is a step forward toward that plan.

I'm starting to talk in circles so it's time for bed.

Love & God Bless; Brad, Joyce, Jared & Brenen

:) Long way to go yet, but remember these days when there are setbacks. Prayers keep coming from wisconsin.

More progress.. :)

Good Morning Friends/ Family

Sorry I was not able to get online last night. Brad has to get a call in to a prson from work to re-set work laptop. And then I most likely should not use it because he might need it for work. Brenen most likely would beable to take care of it for his goofy Mom.

Yesterday Brenen had a really good day at therapy and was quite tired afterward. He is begining to hold himself up( with a therapist sitting behind him to catch) longer. 17 full seconds yesterday. It might not seem like alot but keep in mind he has lost SOOOO much weight and all his muscles need redeveloped. Speaking of his weight he has lost 3 more lbs!!!The staff have increased his calorie intake; they have to make it agradual increase because it will mess with his system. Hopefully that will make a difference. Of course I was not too happy because he is already so thin. Yesterday he was also started to get small ice chips in his mouth; he crunched them up so fast. They are starting with this because water is sterile and if (heaven forbid) he was to get some into his lungs it should not be a big deal.

Brenen worked extra hard for each of his therapist yesterday and has started a yes/ No program. His brain has not healed enough to give us real speech. I personally have not heard him say another word since Mom. I am patiently waiting.

I will try and get back to you later. The weekend Doctor is making rounds.

And Brenens weekend routine starts @ 8:30.

Love & God Bless; Joyce

F'Fan and W.K.,...

With the others, I appreciate your extra efforts to keep the rest of us updated. Thanks.

Mrs. RT and I continue to keep Brad, Joyce, Brenan, Jared,... and all the professional menders(!),...

on our hearts, in our minds, and in our daily graces.

Ted.

F'Fan and W.K.,...

With the others, I appreciate your extra efforts to keep the rest of us updated. Thanks.

Mrs. RT and I continue to keep Brad, Joyce, Brenan, Jared,... and all the professional menders(!),...

on our hearts, in our minds, and in our daily graces.

Ted.

Said perfectly!

Friends/ Family

Brenen worked very hard esp. for a Saturday. He is following comands for his therepists with his right hand/arm really well. His seems to be alittle delayed in his response for his left, but the Lord is good because it was just weks ago and we barely had movement with his left.

Brenen has been having a problem tracking toward the left with his vision and he is making small efforts in that direction.

Brad, Jared and I were all here for early morning routine so it was nice to have all my guys together. Jared did head back around 11:00 and had a great report for us. The basement river has stoped flowing; THANK_YOU Jesus. I was getting worried that an underground river had changed corse and we now would have " Lakefront property" LOL

Brenen seems to be tolerating his new food for now and he had more ICE today.And a sucker; no he does not really get it entirely in his mouth. No where near those teeth; he would crush it in an instant and they are not really to chance something going into his lungs. He gets it swished around his checks. Not quite what you and I might call a treat but it is something for now.

Brenen had Grandpa & Grandma Twiss visit today and he was pretty tired when they arrived. Sorry Grandpa & Grandma he worked too hard at therapy.

He also had or newlywed friends Josh & Carley stopped in for a visit. We really enjoyed the visit. And Brenen was pretty with it while they were here so we hope he enjoyed it also.Brad enjoyed the company to watch the game. I'm okay to have along but I'm more the cheerleader type I do not know everyones stats & histories (guy thing)

We hope this finds everyone well. And we hope the freezing rain holds off; so everyone can get to church safely.

Good night Love and God Bless---Brad Joyce, Jared & Brenen

FIRST OFF I WANT TO THANK FARMALLFAN FOR KEEPING EVERYONE UP TO DATE ON THESE,TIME ZONE WISE IT APPEARS THAT HE CAN GET TO THEM FASTER THEN I CAN,AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE COMPUTER A LOT LATELY DUE TO THE WEATHER AND A TOTALLY SCREWED UP SLEEP SCHEDULE.

HOPEFULLY EVERYONE FINDS THIS UPDATE HERE, IF YOU DO THEN I AM GOING TO LET THE THREAD I STARTED STAY DEAD.

THE UPDATE

Brenen Day 18 MFB

Posted 4 hours ago

Friends/ Family

I would like to open this and say that " Brenen does not think he should have to work on the Lords day" But that would really be sugar coating it.

Mr. Brenen decided at his second therapy of the day to shake his head NO and from that point on he would'nt do anything. It really was quite annoying. He has always been stubborn, but I hope and pray we do not have too much more of this. I guess I did get to see a little bit of "him" when he turned his head to the side and scowled. The therapists are used to things like this and just worked his legs and arms for range of motion.

Brad decided I needed a little break; and we went to dinner and a movie this afternoon while Brenen was napping. He of course woke up while we were gone and manage to bop himself in the nose with his cast so he has a red mark on his nose. And he did know we were'nt there because when I walked in he looked at me with a nasty look like what took you so long. ( I told him we were going for awhile; maybe I should have metioned 3 hrs.

The nurses said he slept through most of it and I believe he did because he is back to not sleeping so good at night.

Anyway Dinner was good; but the movie was not. Brad & I never get around to watching previews and we almost walked out of the movie. Neither one of us wanted to hurt the others feelings. After 21 years of marriage Crazy; right?! The movie was 7lbs. We like Will Smith but did not know it was going to be all about this horrific auto accident/ and I'm sure it will be okay for everyone else; just was not what we needed right now. I had my eyes shut alot of the movie. We had wanted something funny but we came 10 minutes late for any of those and have always enjoyed Will Smith.

Oh well; lesson learned.

When we got back it was evening routine time. And time for Brenen's shower. I know I do not have to halp and the nurses have been wonderful but I need somthing to do. I will go stir crazy just sitting. I believe the Lord made me hyper for a reason; and I can get a lot down when I put my mind to it.

We are all planning to ZZZ early tonight to try and get Brenen to wind down early also. So Good night all.

Love & God Bless; Brad & JOyce

STILL PRAYERS FROM HERE!

TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE ALL!

PAUL

First I want to thank Paul for getting these started here on RPF, I am glad to help keep everyone informed of the progress being made. I am glad to see Brenen is doing well for his "regular" therapists. I know from experience how much better it is to have the same people work with you to help in the rehab process.

Good Afternoon Friends/ Family

The sun is shining the Lord is smiling down. Brenen did have a better day @ therapy today. He has shown new progress in awareness and I am happy esp. after yesterday.

His normal physical therapist Joe was back today after an entire week off. He said he could really see a new awareness in Brenen. And he was happy about the bit of additude and pulling away while Joe was trying to work his arms. It was good to hear as we are here with him everyday and the days are melting together so I don't always notice the little things. joe also was very happy on Brenen's on command progress. He is making steps, baby steps but with the Lords help I am certain they will all add up to giant steps.

Brenen right hand cast has really been rubbing his fingers over the last 4 days and he was not letting anyone near those fingers. So Daniela his OT therpist made him a splint to hold out his fingers and she trimed back his cast a little where it was rubbing. ( Silly women did'nt tell Mom that the saw could not cut skin until she was done trimming; I could have fainted on her helping hold Brenens hand down. After she had it all trimmed she placed it on her open palm and said "oh don't worry it would have never cut him" I guess I must have looked a little white. Anyway we had a good laugh and I asked to be told that ahead of time next time. She's great / Brenen really seems to like her.

Star is another one of his normal therapist he has and she is adorable.She is working alot on commmands and getting Brenen to sit up seconds longer each time she has him. She will not let him cheat and lean on her either so she is really good for him. He has always wraped the girls around his little finger; so it's good to have some toughness too.

For Speech today Brenen was able to have more ice; and he is making more sounds and having more movement with his tongue. So I figure in no time flat we will be getting actual words. Yes he did say Mom and Hi, Hot but those were items he said while he was half asleep and needed something and it is a real low sound. He has said Mom( which I loved) again in the night while laying down. I guess it is easier to get small amounts of speech out while you are laying down. The fact that Brenen has a neck brace streching his neck also does not help. Chelsae is his normal therapist( she is beautiful and Brad says if he does not talk for her eventually he's crazy) from speech and has been gone for 5 days so I'll let you know what she thinks of his progress tomorrow.

On weekends & off days Brenen has other therapists fill in and they are all wonderful but we do notice he seems to do better with who he is used to. Pretty normal; we are all creatures of habit. Why should he be any different.

I hope this finds everyone well and The Montague Kids enjoying their extra day off.

Love & God Bless---Brad & Joyce