Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TxFarmallFan

Case IH white paint?

14 posts in this topic

The old IH white is currently sold as paint code "IH935 white" by caseIH dealers. this is the off white or cream color you are refering to.

I know this probably has been covered before, but what color of white is correct and when did they change them? My 966 has been painted before and the white looks more "cream" colored except where the cab used to be, and that seems more white. Was kind of curious what color it should be.

Travis

I believe they changed to 935 white in mid 70. The earlier stuff would be 905 white.

Jason

I believe they changed to 935 white in mid 70. The earlier stuff would be 905 white.

Jason

Nope, 901. not available from Case IH. PPG code is 8665, can be crossed to others.

Used the CIH 935 on the 560 and not one person mentioned it "might" be wrong :D

The only thing that was mentioned to be wrong was a set of 66's at our local show that had "chalk" white on them.

Gall had some side by sides, maybe someone can find the post.

Used the CIH 935 on the 560 and not one person mentioned it "might" be wrong :D

The only thing that was mentioned to be wrong was a set of 66's at our local show that had "chalk" white on them.

Gall had some side by sides, maybe someone can find the post.

Here it is. :D

http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/ind...c=38624&hl=

There's a "902 White" also.....without checking the paint thread on "ihcubcadet.com" I can't remember for sure the dates it was used but I "THINK" it was late in the 460/560 era and the start of the 706/806 era.....only used for a couple years.

I agree that 935 which is still avail. from C/IH or C/NH (whatever they want to be called now!) looks fine on everything. Next painting project I do is to repaint the '65 vintage CC-70 and '68 vintage CC-72 and they both are supposed to have different shades of white for the wheels & hoods but they will get painted the same!

My Case IH dealer sells 935 white and "Power White" which are very similar........I don't remember which one is more "white". I used 935 white on my 1256.

Cal

My Case IH dealer sells 935 white and "Power White" which are very similar........I don't remember which one is more "white". I used 935 white on my 1256.

Cal

I could be wrong but I think the "Power White" is what should be used on the old case tractors such as 22-23-2590.

Wayne