Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

red_reaper

Who's gonna get washed and blown away tonight and tomorrow?

some wind damage. i lost several branches. no real big rains.

not a big deal, but an inconvience for sure.

Rain stopped about 14 hours ago but water is still running everywhere. Since Thurs. we've had over 8 inches of rain. Creek that runs through town jumped out of the banks this morning and covered bridges on two of the three roads leading north out of town.

We were supposed to have had 4 - 5 days of rain starting last Friday and ending today but it rained a couple times accumulating only .7", very disappointed since it had been so dry here. Had a real windy day yesterday 60 - 70 MPH winds knocking out power in a lot of areas, power still out for 180,000 in Dayton area. My folks in Wet Liberty lost power at 2 PM yesterday and were still out at 9 PM last night. Lost shingles on house and loosened some tin on barn roof making it flap around. Also lots of corn broken off and laying flat. I'd much rather have rain than wind any day.

Steve C., I see you live in sw-IL. How is your corn standing down there. Talked to our daughter this evening & they returned home this afternoon from a vist with her in-laws in Carlyle, IL. She said they saw a lot of corn that was flat on their way back to the Peoria area. :(

The corn I can see around Waterloo, Red Bud, Columbia, and Millstadt has been looking great, but I've been doing stuff here and don't think I left the property yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if it knocked some down. It messed up the awning over my front door.

I'll try to remember to report after I get out some. Can't see any corn from my house, but I can see a great big IH sign a block over on Market St. at a garage that used to sell trucks.

total of 5 inches of rain, man the wind was wicked yesterday, i dont think there is any pears left on the tree, i got some branches down, nothing major, town has some big trees down. neighbors farm still doesnt have power, they had the 1066 hooked up to the generator this morning, power was out at my house for an hour thats it, neighbors must be on another grid or different electric company

Steve C., I see you live in sw-IL. How is your corn standing down there. Talked to our daughter this evening & they returned home this afternoon from a vist with her in-laws in Carlyle, IL. She said they saw a lot of corn that was flat on their way back to the Peoria area. :(

Buddy of mine down there said they got nailed by hard winds yesterday am

We've had about 4" of rain in the last 10 days. The beans and corn won't come out now till the ground freezes solid. There is water everywhere. So much for field work this fall. Hopefully it dries some to get the rest of the beets out. FYI, we are in SE ND.

Man this weather sucks! :angry: It doesn't rain much all summer and now we have had 15 inches in the last 31 days and on track for more tonight. We did get all the beans out but it was good thing one machine has a mud hog. That machine has seen more mud this year than in it's entire life (around 16 years). :blink: I got a feeling it will come to the rescue in several corn fields as well.

jerry

Welcome to Missouri!

We got another inch this morning, slow soaker too unfortunately. I've been battleing the dang beavers around the old rivers and creeks, they got used to having bank full water and have dammed up everything. Tear it out,and they rebuild it overnight. The water level is staying over our low water crossings,wished all the beavers would DIE!

Welcome to Missouri!

We got another inch this morning, slow soaker too unfortunately. I've been battleing the dang beavers around the old rivers and creeks, they got used to having bank full water and have dammed up everything. Tear it out,and they rebuild it overnight. The water level is staying over our low water crossings,wished all the beavers would DIE!

.223 solves that problem ,we blew a beaver dam once near the blind and dozens of decoys started poping up

Well we finally got another whopping 2 days of combining in before another monsoon hits in a few minutes. Supposed to rain for the next 3 days. Just as well I guess cause the beans will not mature for anything. Every field has been replanted numerous times and patches all over, some still green as grass, most just stunted green stem. Still havent touched a kernal of corn, trying to get these beans out before snow lands on them. And they are about half a crop anyway, making in the high 20's Just flat out nothing in the pods. Saw someone in IL. on Max Armstrongs show on RFD sunday, saying their whole farm averaged 70BPA on beans. and we cant even break the 30 barrier on 80% of the fields. Toughest cuttin empty podded things I've ever cut. Using about 2gallon of fuel/Acre Then about 3pm, my wobble box decided it'd had enough wobbling and spit out a bearing. These will be some of the worst crops seen in this area for a long time. I'll take a drought any day!!

Reaper was over that way last week north of LaBelle and noticed that crops looked good until you walked in and took a peek .

wished all the beavers would DIE!

Amen x1,000!

Ended up getting 1" and a 1/10th last night, a few miles east got 3" last night,and they are talking heavy flooding tonight, yet again!!! Then rain again on friday. We have had 3 major floods this year so far. I just cannot fathom this never ending rain! You'd think it would of changed weather patterns by now. It started last year mid november almost a year ago,and has been muddy every since. So far we are at or about 65" of rain for the year so far. That is almost 5 and a half foot of rain. WOW!

Had over 2" here in the last two days and still raining. Supposed to rain until Friday night. I havent been out to look but have been told the rivers and creeks are bank full. Glad I moved the combine and grain cart to high ground last night.

If the river gets out again, it will be the 6th time this year that it will have been out.

I remember the spring of 73 in Stewartsville it was cloudy and rainy for 30 straight days. Didn't rain every day but the sun never popped out once. Gotta love that NWMO weather!!

I remember the spring of 73 in Stewartsville it was cloudy and rainy for 30 straight days. Didn't rain every day but the sun never popped out once. Gotta love that NWMO weather!!

I remember back in the 80's it was like that .Kind of depressing .