Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

red_reaper

Who's gonna get washed and blown away tonight and tomorrow?

There's a VEEERRRRYYYYYY noisy storm just north of me. I think the tail is gonna get us.

Kristen. I was scouting the last corn I planted this morning. The stuff where the soil conditions were good is struggling. The stuff that was so durned rough I was ashamed of it is a perfect stand. Go figure.

Tail end of it? looks to me like your getting one of the cells head on.

WHOOOWEEEEE.

Got 2" in the last hour. Too bad wife has the camera and I don't have a cable for the phone. What a mess. And now the suns coming out and it's still POURING. :mellow:

Calling for rain again Monday and Wednesday. At this rate we still won't be done by Roundup.

Bulk of these storms are leaving my area ,tornados to the south hail the size of softballs north of Warts place .All I can say is to the central Indiana people on here is hold on Boog

Here's wishing everyone luck!!!
Thanks, H-D.

Looks like we dodged the bullet, at least for now.

With MOChad (45 miles west of me), we got lots of rain, but that's all.

Eager to hear from IH986 (an hour further east) and no brainer (on beyond that).

Hello all , Here's to everyone either being safe or staying safe :) . Woke up to the sound of the sump-pump running . Had about 3 1/4 " of some heavy rain :angry: . Spent all day at work running around either blading corn stalks off the road or fixing wash-outs . I guess I'm old fashion but what happened to all the grass waterways ? Here's to hoping next week is a better one for all B) . Boomer

We're taking a beating now. My cable internet is out at home, and I came out to the shop to see what things look like here. No damage here so far, but a friend 15 miles northeast of me lost part of a deck some of their roof. LOTS of rain and wind.

Here's wishing everyone luck!!!
Thanks, H-D.

Looks like we dodged the bullet, at least for now.

With MOChad (45 miles west of me), we got lots of rain, but that's all.

Eager to hear from IH986 (an hour further east) and no brainer (on beyond that).

Lots of rain and lots of wind but thankfully no tornados and only about 10 seconds of small hail. Catalpa tree in the backyard got hit by lightning again and the power got knocked out for about an hour but other than some small limbs coming down that was my only damage.

Hope the rest of you guys were/are able to stay safe and keep the damage to a minimum.

The great white combine hit our area last night. We were spared at my house and the farm. Uncle that lives in Manteno, ILL said he was coming back from dinner in Bourbonnais and the ground was steaming. Got up there and it was white with hail. Said the closer he got to town the worse it got from golfball to baseball sized right through the middle of town.

We got rained out about 100PM. Was moving dirt with a pan scraper for the new shop. Just got set up going for about an hour and a half. Got a fast 3 or 4 tenths. The big one hit about 700PM. There was some water sitting in the fields but haven't been out to check the rain gauge. We actually could use a shower here.

We got 1.5" here, no tornado, wind, or hail, thank goodness.

Who's taking bets on when the rain barrel is empty and we'll be hurting?? still have 140 acres of corn in the bags... Had a bunch of rain last night and now we have a chance for rain sunday or monday again..lol

Had baseball/softball size hail here at the shop. 4 windshields, 1 sunroof, 1 building window, took out all the cab clearence lights on 2 GM 1 tons is the damge found so far...

Neighbors corn crop outside of town looks pretty sad, but it should be OK I think...

Can't tell if wheat is damaged from the road, I'll look closer later...

Wow, that was quite a storm. I think it became severe in SW Nebraska. We watched it on radar and from the deck as it built and passed through about 10 miles South of us here in SESD. It did spawn a couple of tornadoes and there was damage from hail and high winds in two small towns called Irene and Centerville in SESD. We have relatives in Ames IA and they spent yesterday filling sandbags because of 5 plus inches of rain North of them. Where did it finally give out? Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the near total destruction of Spencer SD. I hope that is "it" for awhile. Good luck everyone in avoiding the storms.

Al

Bulk of these storms are leaving my area ,tornados to the south hail the size of softballs north of Warts place .All I can say is to the central Indiana people on here is hold on Boog

Other than the rains most of the heavy storms went weither north or south of us. I had 1.43" of rain according to my "super duper weather station :lol: ", IHboog had 1.65 " at his house 250 east of us, BIL had 2" 1 mile NE of us. Where we were planting beans we got 2" on already too wet of ground, several miles south got up to 3.5"., six miles north ot .5" and up around Lafayette, IN some places got ivber 5" (means the river will be backout in our bottoms :( )

Not even a lot of wind here, maybe 20-25 mph at times

We got 1.5" here, no tornado, wind, or hail, thank goodness.

Lynn, we only got 3-5 tenths lastnight, they said storms for today and so far nothing, ooops just jinxed myself :ph34r:

got 1.5" Here too, 6 miles east of Hoot. Windier now than it was last night. I had some beans and corn both planted in less than ideal conditions that needed this rain. Hope it comes up before it crusts?

Windier now than it was last night. I had some beans and corn both planted in less than ideal conditions that needed this rain. Hope it comes up before it crusts?

That wind sure is something else isn't it? Even makes it hard to ride a bike which I tried to do several times today.

As for your corn and beans coming up before it crusts, I don't think they'll be much of a chance of crusting for Monday is the only day in the next 5 that has no rain in sight, all other days are to be wet. As warm as this ground is, it's going to come up fast.

Corn we planted on Monday had a quarter of an inch sprout on it late Wednesday. :blink:

We only had 3/10ths or so.

Well, we got 4in. last night and wind......... Central Indiana.....

Well believe it or not we missed it completely last night. Some north and some south. Should rap up corn tommorrow or monday. Had to replant about 40 acres of corn. could have been worse. took a small road trip this morning and saw no fields that i would call respectable. alot of replanting going on.

We were talking about it at work today. The manager had 1.3" in his gage from last night. Had a few small branches blow down, but nothing major. Sure did make lots of noise though!

We had some strong winds starting about 7:00 this morning and the storm spawned a small tornado that touched down about a mile from the farm. It uprooted some big trees and took out the power and a neighbor's garage. We don't get many tornadoes here in West Virginia, it was a big deal. Now there's just the cleaning up to do, there's fence down everywhere. The side winds took out some nice apple trees and picked the plastic mulch up off my grandma's garden. Powerful stuff, you all can keep it. <_<

we got hit by an f-2 tornado friday morning about 5 o clock. took out the 40x70 machine shed, 2 30x72 hoop sheds, the roofs on both silos and nearly knocked one down. it has a big crack in it now. LOTS of little outbuildings gone. 2 12x 24 wooden grainerys gone. it jammed a 2x4 in between the hood sheets of the 966 and dented up the hood pretty good. lots of good neighbors showed up to help clean up.

we got hit by an f-2 tornado friday morning about 5 o clock. took out the 40x70 machine shed, 2 30x72 hoop sheds, the roofs on both silos and nearly knocked one down. it has a big crack in it now. LOTS of little outbuildings gone. 2 12x 24 wooden grainerys gone. it jammed a 2x4 in between the hood sheets of the 966 and dented up the hood pretty good. lots of good neighbors showed up to help clean up.

Sorry to here of the damage, glad no one was hurt!! where were you hiding?

Very sorry to hear of the damage and the mess you have to clean up, not just the sheds, but every field you have, will have limbs and crap to pick up for the next couple years, not to mention what you'll run through the combine thats hidden.

This rain crap is getting really old, cant get but one day in the field without it raining. Just open up a field and it has to air out for at least 24hrs before I can mulch the boulders down with the cultipacker before planting,and so far I cant even get that done. I opened up another 100 acres several days ago, and its starting to dry out enough to run the cultipacker this afternoon, but they are calling for rain likely tomorrow, so what the he11 does a person do? mulch it and take the chance of having to work it all again? Calling for rain all dang week long now. Some of the corn thats planted in the low areas, rotted in the ground,and will have to be replanted in places,but its too wet to fill in. Dad doesnt have any beans in the ground,and probably just a little over 2000-2500 acres to get in yet. I've got about 250 acres of beans left, Got about a 150 acres of beans in thats coming up and looking good where I ran the mulcher.