Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

red_reaper

Who's gonna get washed and blown away tonight and tomorrow?

Been hearing on the radio all day long that the weather forcasters are calling for MAJOR severe weather breakouts in Kansas, Nebraska,and Iowa tonight and tomorrow. Never heard them say Major SEVERE weather before. Hope it doesnt materialize. Its supposed to stay about 30 miles north of us if it does get severe,but calling for rain likely and possible severe here.

Sounds like we may be in the path if it slides east. Right now it is sliding off to the north. Just got back in from putting the truck and van in just in case.

Calling for severe storms tomorrow afternoon. Might produce large hail. I sure hope not.

I was watching Fox News, and they used that same terminology also, I have never heard of it either. Maybe it is like "Double Secret Probation" was in Animal House?

Mainly the 'weathermen' on the DFW channels dance around and wave their hands like they are magicians.

They're talking strong storms tonight and tomorrow here (far NE IL). We can use some rain.

Cedar Rapids and north east had alot of rain. Iowa City had a little rain and I went south 20 miles it was clear blue skies.

dave

As of 11:30 pm there was a front that came through and boomed and banged a bit and dumped a bunch more rain that we don't need right now. No wind, hail, etc. By the looks of the radar we should be in the clear in a few hours......just wet!

:P

It has been flat out getting with it this evening to the north west of us out by Concordia, KS and north into Nebraska. I thought things would stay to the north of us, but the line is back filling clean out to west central KS, so I would say we will end up with some rain tonight. Haven't turned a wheel in the field here in Manhattan all week. So much for having everything in the ground by June 1.

Sounds like the worst of it is going to stay north of us. We got 65 acres of corn planted tonight and I sprayed 130 acres of corn today but I wasn't real proud of some of it.

You can count me as having severe weather, About 9:45 the weather radio went off said there was a tornado heading towards the Templeton area. I ran to the window and it was raining hard, and blowing so hard I could not see the end of the porch. I had just put my 1, 4, 5, year olds all to bed upstairs, (we live in a 2 story house). I ran upstairs and the house was starting to shake, grabbed the kids and went to the basement. We waited about a half hour till it was over then put them back to bed. I didn't think I had any damage but went outside just to check. My 36 x99 mortan machine shed has both sets of sliding doors completly gone, about 500 ft of overhead wire down in the yard, tin coming off the barn roof, damage to my mortan on the roof where the cattle shed hit it and ripped the sheets. The cattle shed is completly gone, which it wasn't much anyway. I also had a 20' to 25' tree uprooted in my front yard. All of this survived a storm in 2002 in which my area had 99 mph winds, That storm cost me my quanset machine shed. I called my insurance guy at home and told him I needed a ajuster in the morning, just in case he gets a flood of calls. On a good note we were safe and nothing IH was hurt that I can see anyway. The wife was at work so she missed all the action. Now I feel like I have got this off my chest.

Craig

You can count me as having severe weather, About 9:45 the weather radio went off said there was a tornado heading towards the Templeton area. I ran to the window and it was raining hard, and blowing so hard I could not see the end of the porch. I had just put my 1, 4, 5, year olds all to bed upstairs, (we live in a 2 story house). I ran upstairs and the house was starting to shake, grabbed the kids and went to the basement. We waited about a half hour till it was over then put them back to bed. I didn't think I had any damage but went outside just to check. My 36 x99 mortan machine shed has both sets of sliding doors completly gone, about 500 ft of overhead wire down in the yard, tin coming off the barn roof, damage to my mortan on the roof where the cattle shed hit it and ripped the sheets. The cattle shed is completly gone, which it wasn't much anyway. I also had a 20' to 25' tree uprooted in my front yard. All of this survived a storm in 2002 in which my area had 99 mph winds, That storm cost me my quanset machine shed. I called my insurance guy at home and told him I needed a ajuster in the morning, just in case he gets a flood of calls. On a good note we were safe and nothing IH was hurt that I can see anyway. The wife was at work so she missed all the action. Now I feel like I have got this off my chest.

Craig

Wow, Glad everyone is Okay!

I didn't think Iowa was going to get it that hard by watching the radar!

I'm going to take a look at Mapquest to see where Templeton is - I'm not familiar with the town.

edit - Okay, gottcha, South and West of Carroll.

dave

Been hearing on the radio all day long that the weather forcasters are calling for MAJOR severe weather breakouts in Kansas, Nebraska,and Iowa tonight and tomorrow. Never heard them say Major SEVERE weather before. Hope it doesnt materialize. Its supposed to stay about 30 miles north of us if it does get severe,but calling for rain likely and possible severe here.

The weather forecast this morning said we in West Central Ohio are to get this stuff too. Hope it doesn't materialize like they say, they've been wrong before.

Friday morning,... sun shining and clear, but not to be fooled.

Could go north of us this time, stay in Iowa,... but I wouldn't plan a picnic!

Wow, Craig: glad enough that everyone's safe, but that sounds scarey.

I was watching the weather channel last night and they were talking tornado warnings in the Kearney nebraska area. I plan on being in that area Sunday afternoon :o Hope the weather settles down by then.

Craig, glad you and the kids are ok,and the 1456's! In 2003 when my daughter was 3 we spent some time huddled in the corner of the basement,and let me tell you I was almost shaking as bad as the house was, my 3 year old was just talking a mile a minute not scared a bit. I can just imagine the excitement and jabbering between all those little ones of yours. How in the world did you get them to go back to sleep or bed for that matter after all that?

So far we've missed anything major, just light rain so far with more on the way.

Got up at 6 o'clock this morning and flipped on the TV like I always do and the first thing I hear is about a tornado and a bunch of wind damage south of Murray--I'm directly south of Murray :o I guess I slept right through alot of it. I looked out the windows and doors and can't see anything major so far, but kinda creepy to hear about tornado that I may have slept right through. After the ice storm we had this last winter there aren't alot of tree limbs to fall anymore so I don't have to worry about that....sure has been some crazy weather over the last year.

Travis

No doubt all the hay cut here this week is sure draw for a good rain. As of Wednesday when I cut mine it was "Scattered Showers" on Friday :lol: We had a few tenths on Tuesday but not much measurable in 3 weeks since the last. There were quite a few rotary hoes running late last week/weekend to help the corn planted before the last rain.

Craig,

Glad you and your family are OK. Bad looking storm watching from here.

"I'm going to take a look at Mapquest to see where Templeton is - I'm not familiar with the town"

You are giving away your age. :) Us old guys know that Templeton has that "history" to it.

we got some wind but not too bad. We did however get 3 inches of rain :blink::wacko::wacko: needles to say, there are a few things washed away, one of them being the road in front of the house <_<

Talkin bout it getting a little tough here in eastern North Carolina tomorrow afternoon and evening, Saturday that is. Last thing we need on Tobacco right now is a hail storm, there's no way to replant the crop and the Insurance don't kick in until after lay-by time.

My area got 5 to 5 1/2 inches of rain yesterday and last night :( Will definately have some drowned out. Usually it takes two weeks to be able to replant when this happens. Thats June 13th. Beans will work then but corn will be not so good. Rivers are full and the Iowa River is out of its banks in alot of spots.

Okay. It's about 5:00 Friday afternoon.

N. E. Missouri. Halfway between St. Louis and Keokuk, Iowa.

And we're in a Toronado Warning area,... instructed to batten down the hatches.

It smells a little ominous outside right now. :huh:

We'll see what happens. :ph34r:

Okay. It's about 5:00 Friday afternoon.

N. E. Missouri. Halfway between St. Louis and Keokuk, Iowa.

And we're in a Toronado Warning area,... instructed to batten down the hatches.

It smells a little ominous outside right now. :huh:

We'll see what happens. :ph34r:

I believe I'll keep an eye on the radar this evening.......AGAIN! B)

Here's wishing everyone luck!!!

Just got another sideways 1/2" The storm Ted's talking about was just north of me, heading east, I was watching it out the window of the shop. It was booming big time and very dark, and after it was almost out of the area it was green, so I bet someone east of me gets a tornado and or hail. Some scud clouds along with the green too,and thats not good. Cant even get but one day in the fields, starting to look like Red power Roundup is completely out of the picture unless its still wet then too. I really think I've got some corn still in the ground thats rotting from too much water, cause it aint coming up in places.