Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kneepads

International 330

9 posts in this topic

Not too many of them around, built in 57 & 58. I have never laid a hand on one.

A few little details...

International Harvester 330

General tractor information:

Manufacturer: International Harvester

Model: 330

Type: Farm/Agricultural tractor

Years produced: 1957 - 1958

Total built:

Factory:

Original price: $2,900 (1958)

Tractor power:

Drawbar (rated): 31.7 hp [23.6 kW]

Drawbar (max): 31.8 hp [23.7 kW]

PTO (rated): 34.24 hp [25.5 kW]

Engine:

Manufacturer: International Harvester

Model: C135

Fuel: gasoline

Cylinders: 4

Bore/Stroke: 3.25x4.0625 inches [83 x 103 mm]

Displacement: 134.8 ci [2.2 L]

Compression: 7.38:1

Rated RPMs: 2000

Cooling: liquid

Coolant: 14 qts [13.2 L]

Torque:

Firing order:

Transmission:

Type: sliding gear

Forward: 5

Reverse: 1

Transmission:

Type: Torque Amplifier

Forward: 10

Reverse: 2

Mechanical:

Chassis: 2WD

Steering:

Brakes:

Capacity:

Fuel:

Power Take-off (PTO):

Rear PTO: independent

Rear speed (RPM): 540

Tires:

Ag front: 5.50-16

Ag rear: 11-28

Dimensions:

Weight: 3924 lbs [1779 kg]

Wheelbase:

Length:

Width:

Height:

Ground clearance:

Electrical:

Nebraska Tractor Test 634:

Test Date: November 1957

Engine: gasoline

Belt (max): 34.2 hp [25.5 kW]

Drawbar (max): 31.8 hp [23.7 kW]

I have one and love it. It's a low powered 300 or 350 utility. I rake hay with mine and plow neighbor hood gardens with a mounted 2 bottom plow. it it has power steering and it works you have a real handy little tractor

I believe they were put out to compete with the very popular 8N. about the same HP but a lot easier to work on and with fast hitch.

Mr. Brookville

The 330 was the forerunner of the 340. IH was not yet ready to introduce the 340, so put the 340 engine, a C135 (same basic engine as the C123) into the 350, along with some other changes, and called it the 330. When the 460U was introduced as a replacement for the 350U, there was a large power/size gap between the 240 and the 460. The 330, then the 340 were meant to fill the gap -- at least that is my understanding. I think there was some overlap between the 330 and the 350, also. Someone with more knowledge of the situation can correct me.

I WOULD CONSIDER THEM VERY COLLECTIBLE AND QUITE RARE. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE. IS THIS ONE FOR SALE? MAN, I WOULD TRY AND GET IT IF IT IS AVAILABLE. JUST MY 2 CENTS. WHAT PART OF AZ ARE YOU IN? I LIVED IN TUCSON FOR 2 1/2 YEARS, AND NO I WASN'T AT DAVIS MONTHAN.

We have one that we restored. I think IH marketed them with loaders and backhoes. Does anyone know the correct steering wheel is for it ?

I believe the 330 and 350 were available at the same time. I remember one that we sold that was used for a loader tractor.

The 330 had the 350 trans/rear end and the 340 engine. not sure what it had for a loader but we sold quite a few Superior loaders. They seemed to be a little better than the IH loader for the 300/350.

I don't know anything about the engine sizes or what tractors they went into but I was led to believe that the 350 was a descendent of the Super H and the 330 was the descendent of the Super C.

I don't know anything about the engine sizes or what tractors they went into but I was led to believe that the 350 was a descendent of the Super H and the 330 was the descendent of the Super C.

I would call the 330 a hybrid. It really has more similarity to the 300/350, same configuration along with a TA and 5 speed transmission. But, the C135 is an upgraded A/B/C through 240 engine.