Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

W.K.TEDDYBEAR

PRAYERS PLEASE, THANKS ALL!

WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS SINCE EARLY MID DECEMBER.SHE,WHO FOR THE MOST PART IS HEALTHIER THEN A HORSE AND NEVER,EVERGETS MAJOR ILLNESS HAS BEEN IN HOSPITAL 3 TIMES.DIAGNOSES IS "Diverticulitis" CURE IS CUT PART OF COLON OUT WHICH THEY DID WEDNESDAY AND TRIED TO REATTACH IT.SATURDAY SHE SPENT THE WHOLE DAY IN WHAT MUST HAVE BEEN MASS PAIN(SHE HAS A PRETTY HIGH PAIN TOLERANCE) THEN SUNDAY THEY TRANSFERED HER TO DIFFERENT HOSPITAL WITH AN INTENSIVE CARE UNIT DUE TO DROP IN BLOOD PRESSURE.THEY OPENED HER UP AGAIN AND FOUND THE COLON WAS 25% UNATTACHED SO THEY HAVE HAD TO DO A,HOPEFULLY TEMPORARY, COLOSTOMY.

BETWEEN THE FIRST OF DECEMBER AND MIDDLE OF JANUARY SHE HAS LOST 25% OF HER BODY WEIGHT DUE TO THIS AND LOOKS LIKE SHE IS 90+ YEARS OLD,NOT THAT LOOKS MATER BECAUSE THEY DON'T! JUST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF THE EFFECT THIS HAS HAD ON HER.WE HAVE NO IDEA AT THIS TIME HOW LONG IT WILL BE BEFORE SHE CAN GO BACK TO WORK.

GLAD I DID NOT ORDER MY 8X22-24'FIFTH WHEEL TILT FLATBED TRAILER LAST NOVEMBER.

IFIN YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT Diverticulitis&COLOSTOMY ARE HERE IS ONE OF MANY SITES THAT TALK ABOUT IT http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/p...diverticulosis/

OTHER THEN THAT AT THIS TIME WAS/AM TRYING TO STUDY FOR CDL TESTS TO GET MY CDL (LOST IN 1999- WHOLE NOTHER STORY THAT A FEW HERE KNOW ) AGAIN. BUT SEEMS LIKE WHAT I JUST READ IS GONE RIGHT AFTER READING IT,MOST HAVE SOMETHING WITH BEING IN THE OVER 50 CROWD?

TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE!

PAUL

Having good thoughts for you and your family. A lady up the road from us had that surgury 10 of 9 years ago, she's doing fine now, just has to watch some of the things she eats. She had a temporary colostomy for a while, but non now.

Good luck with the CDL's, need to see about getting mine...AGAIN!......I know that "50's" feeling...Sometimes I can't remember my name!!

Yes Paul we'll be rooting for Janay for a good speedy recovery, will ask my wife if she knows of any short term memory helpers............good luck in the days ahead

Paul sorry to hear about Janay and will put her on my prayer list. Best wishes for a complete recovery.

Paul, I'll keep you guys in my prayers. David

paul, you got it. we'll pray for a full recovery.

Hope she gets well Paul, hang in there.

THANKS

QUICK UPDATE AS I'M AT HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW.

DOC SAYS SHE IS A VERY SICK LADY

PAUL

THANKS

QUICK UPDATE AS I'M AT HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW.

DOC SAYS SHE IS A VERY SICK LADY

PAUL

Wife had that similar operation 10 months ago. Definitely not to be taken lightly. Her's was done at the Montreal Jewish Hospital, Canada, by a renowned group of surgeons. Recovery is long. Hope all goes well for you people.....QR

Sorry to hear the bad news and you can count us in too for the prayers. Keep us posted if you can.

Dan

Sorry to hear about her illness Paul, I sure hope things get better quick. Also good luck with your CDL exams, I took mine back in 1991 and passed them easily but I'll bet it wouldn't be so easy for me anymore either.

Hope things work out with Janay. Paul try and keep the faith,Prayers to you and yours from us

Count me in for prayers as well.

Know what Janay is going through, one of my cousins went through this a couple of years ago and she had a rough time but she's ok now. Will put her on my list Paul.

Consider it done Paul. ;)

+1

Hello all , Sorry to hear of this Paul :( . I will add you & yours to my thoughts & prayers list . Good luck w/CDL too . I let mine expire once & wow what a PIA :rolleyes: . Boomer

My prayers are with you and Janay. Gonna be a tough recovery for her. After my wifes operation last spring and her passing on 10/20/07 I now realize that there is nothing simple when it comes to surgery. As for the temporary Colostomy, just treat it like an oil pan gasket. Clean it off good and use lots of ucky pucky.

Hi Paul, best wishes to you and Janay. I know you have been through some hard times, and one thing it makes me certain of is that you and Janay have the muster to see your way past this one too. My heart goes out to ya.

:)

Mom went through upper and lower aorta replacement few years ago, had drop in bp, which lead to one part of colon dying from lack of blood. She had the bag for a while but all is great now. We're with ya, prayers from Tennessee.

Good thoughts and prayers from here as well. Keep us posted as you can.

THANKS EVERYONE!

NURSE TONIGHT SAID THERE HAS BEEN A VERY SMALL IMPROVEMENT.THEY PLAN ON KEEPING HER HEAVILY SEDATED (BETTER FOR HEALTH IMPROVEMENTS,I KNOW) FOR AT LEAST 2 DAYS.

THERE IS SMALL ISSUE AT THIS TIME WITH LIVER AND WITH 1 OF THE 4 CHAMBERS IN HER HEART,CAUSING

LOW BLOOD PRESSURE.UNFORTUNATELY A LOT OF WHAT THE DR. SAID WENT ABOUT 10' OVER THE TOP OF MY HEAD AND MY TRANSLATOR IS THE PATIENT.

HAVE HAD SUCCESS IN GETTING ALL HER CHILDREN NOTIFIED EITHER BY ME OR THEIR SIBLINGS WITH HELP FROM E-MAIL(1) & I GUESS SHE USED GOOGLE TO TRACK DOWN THE MISSING SISTER.JUST DAWNED I HAVE NO IDEA WHO IS OLDEST NOR HOW OLD THE OLDEST 3 ARE HAVE ONLY MET THE YOUNGEST OF THE 3 OLDEST AND THE ONE I E-MAILED THIS IS FIRST TIME I HAVE TALKED TO HER.

ONE DOES NOT AT THIS TIME KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CONDITION,AS I MISSED HIS CALL FROM PRISON IN AZ. HOPEFULLY THEY LET HIM TRY AGAIN TUESDAY.HE ACTUALLY IS A PRETTY GOOD KID?(GOING ON 30), HE JUST GOT MESSED UP IN THAT DA^* METH. DOWN THERE WHEN HIS MARRIAGE STARTED TO GO SOUR. NOW HE IS PAYING FOR IT.

MY THREE ARE TAKING THIS PRETTY HARD ALSO,THEY CONSIDER JANAY MORE MOM THEN THEIR OWN MOST OF THE TIME.

ME,I PRETTY MUCH AM OK, I HAVE A FRIEND IN MY POCKET THAT IS ALWAYS THERE UNLESS HE IS CARRYING ME. I HAVE A VERY GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT ATTEND CHURCH AND I KNOW HE IS THE ONLY REASON I AM STILL ON THIS EARTH AND HE HAS PLAYED A BIG PART IN MY GETTING AND STAYING CLEAN & SOBER. ALSO HAVE YOU ALL HERE AND SEVERAL GOOD FRIENDS IN THIS AREA THAT I CAN TALK TO/LEAN ON WHATEVER IS NEEDED.EVEN HAVE BEEN TOLD BY DAUGHTER THAT I TALKED TO FIRST TIME TODAY THAT I CAN CALL HER IF I NEED TO TALK/CRY WHATEVER.

THANKS AGAIN!

PAUL

Thanks for the update Paul, glad to hear that there is some improvement. Keep leaning on your faith and keep consulting your pocket friend, he knows you and Janay need help and it's there for the asking. Still thinking of Janay.