Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CASEIHTRACTORS

5488 restored test photo!

5488.jpg

This 5488 was found in a bit of a state just over a year ago. Its was going real cheap, for around $10000. It has just 5500hours on it, and my frind Jon Ball returned it to its former glory. Its for sale, but he ideally wants to keep it the UK!

Howard

howard, maybe you can convince him to have it shipped out over here. Did you ever get a serial number on that tractor?

Howard, tell us about the plow. It appears to be a flex frame one way. Whats more I can't quite count how many bottoms, I think I count 8 bottoms on top. Quite a hunk of Iron. The 5488 looks good harnessed to it.

Howard, tell us about the plow. It appears to be a flex frame one way. Whats more I can't quite count how many bottoms, I think I count 8 bottoms on top. Quite a hunk of Iron. The 5488 looks good harnessed to it.

Sorry Matt, still working on it. Will ring him tomorrow!

The plow is a 8 furrow reversable Gregoire Besson plow from France! Its semi mounted and pretty rare! I was told its not as good as our Dowdeswell DP6 and DP7 semi mounted plows, but is still impressive when it turns over! Supposedly you can't tell the plow is behind the tractor!

Tractor has had engine done up, 2 new pistons and liners. Full respray, all new decals, new cab cladding, wiring sorted and 4 new Firestone tyres.

Howard