Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1206SWMO

They Say That His Goal Is To Farm 100,000 Acres

the thing that makes me FURIOUS is that uncle sam is the largess farmer in my county (crep), and to make it worse he steals money out of your and my back pockets to compete with us on renting land. pays more than double the local rent in our area.

largest .... ooops didnt proof read very well

Hi: I have not read all these posts, but it has been my observation after 80 yers, that some farmers need a lot more land than others to make a living! CardaleBob

i bet he is really happy about the corn he sold for '07 and '08 in 2006. general motors problems are not the workers expense. it's the expense of too many vice presidents and huge bonuses for the executives.

I call BS. The average slice of a new vehicle price for GM is over 60% for wages and retirement pay and bennies. Almost 30% is just for retirees. So if you buy a 20 Gm car about 13K is wages/retirement and bennies. The unions say about 37% is wages which is true but the ignore the retirement pay and bennies for retirees. Everyone wants to yell about what the top guys are making. Couple of years ago the CEO of Wal Mart made 18 million bucks. Now had he worked for free and dumped that 18 million into workers pay raises it would amount to about 9 bucks a YEAR for each employee. They employed at that time about 2.2 million people.

Rick