Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toyboy

Lets see your...

Little late to the snow party, but here's what I've got...

Had it out today on a warm day!

post-444-1199583327_thumb.jpg

post-444-1199583340_thumb.jpg

Looks like a nice clean, well taken care of tractor. How many hours are on it?

Aaron

Yes!! :D It will push a lot of snow!! :D

I have a question for you Pat, or anyone else that can help. I have a rear blade on my 806, and when pushing snow the swing arms and the blade go to one side causing my tires to be in the snow. Is there a way to keep it centered? Thanks in advance.

I have a number 200 IH fast hitch blade almost exactly like that one that is like new. I have a cylinder in place of that bar though, really makes it handy for angling any which way I need it to from the tractor seat. That two point to three point adapter is really rare.

Toyboy,

It's a 1466 with 6,975 hrs. Been a good tractor and will last a lot longer since it doesn't have any hard duties other than loader work and to run an occasional grain vac.

post-8685-1199630739_thumb.jpgHere is what I am useing this year

The 1980 Chevy K20 plow truck I had died after 26 years of plowing so I took the Fisher blade off it

and fabed some mounts up for my backhoe loader bucket

I have a question for you Pat, or anyone else that can help. I have a rear blade on my 806, and when pushing snow the swing arms and the blade go to one side causing my tires to be in the snow. Is there a way to keep it centered? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the pins that keep the arms from swaying are not in place, Brett. You should have two telescopic stabilizer arms that go from the three point lift arms to a pivoting casting above the tractor drawbar. If you look at those telescopic arms, you will see a hole where a pin can be placed to keep them from telescoping.

post-972-1199642233_thumb.jpg :) In the small category but effective.

Sounds like the pins that keep the arms from swaying are not in place, Brett. You should have two telescopic stabilizer arms that go from the three point lift arms to a pivoting casting above the tractor drawbar. If you look at those telescopic arms, you will see a hole where a pin can be placed to keep them from telescoping.

Thanks Jere, I knew something wasn't right, but couldn't figure out what is was. Thanks again. :D

Thanks Jere, I knew something wasn't right, but couldn't figure out what is was. Thanks again. :D

Brett IH did not have the best set up to keep the hitch from swaying. Even with those pins in place, if your hitch is worn a lot it is still going to sway some but should not be near as bad as it is without the pins.

The best fix for the IH 3pt arms is the kit from Klingler MFG that updates them to a sway block setup like most of the newer tractors use. I've got two sets from them but only one installed so far and we'll likely add another couple this year. I've got the one set on a 1066 that runs a discbine which attaches to the 3pt which has enough side force to push the tractor around and the Klingler kit eliminates any side play.

Klingler MFG

Here is what we have used for years, at least at the farm anyway. Have a heat houser for it but dont have it on. Been a few years since we have had to move much snow. In the winter of 79-80 dad had snow piled about everywhere he could shove it and still keep it out of the way. In front of the barn we had a piles that seemed like close to 20 feet tall. We would get on our sleds and slide down that thing. You could go a long ways on the ice after you hit the flat ground.

post-56-1199757356_thumb.jpg

Here is what we have used for years, at least at the farm anyway. Have a heat houser for it but dont have it on. Been a few years since we have had to move much snow. In the winter of 79-80 dad had snow piled about everywhere he could shove it and still keep it out of the way. In front of the barn we had a piles that seemed like close to 20 feet tall. We would get on our sleds and slide down that thing. You could go a long ways on the ice after you hit the flat ground.

post-56-1199757356_thumb.jpg

That sure is a nice picture with the 1466 in the back. :D

What is snow ?

Exactly what I've been saying. We we having hard freezes and dry cold air on the 1st, now we are back at 80's during the day and muggy.

Ready to go, waiting for some snow. Used once so far this year..

No snow here. It's noon on 01-08-2008 and it's 72 degrees!! Got some windows open with the ceiling fans on.......That ain't right.

No snow here. It's noon on 01-08-2008 and it's 72 degrees!! Got some windows open with the ceiling fans on.......That ain't right.

It got so hot last nite that we turned the a/c on. Its still on now but a storm is about to blow through and its supposed to cool off after that.