Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toyboy

Lets see your...

post-6597-1197510410_thumb.jpgpost-6597-1197510455_thumb.jpgpost-6597-1197510943_thumb.jpg

This is some of the stuff I use to move snow 400 IH Loader, 2182 Cub Cadet, D8 Cat.

A couple more snow movers. I know they are green 2020 JD with blade, Box Scraper

post-6597-1197511210_thumb.jpg

post-6597-1197511817_thumb.jpg

You wanted to see my snowmover and here it is.

post-10673-1197512992_thumb.jpgpost-10673-1197513039_thumb.jpgpost-10673-1197513090_thumb.jpg

I would have liked to put my Td9 in as a snow mover also but fall laziness and a lack of a block heater means it will sit under a tarp this winter.

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think of my front weights. At least they are getting used for something. :lol::lol::lol:

post-7341-1197410306_thumb.jpgpost-7341-1197410335_thumb.jpgThis is what I use at work.

I'm glad to see another maintainer operator, I run a 140H with 13,500 hours on it. My wing is a little different and I don't have a fancy blade in the front like yours. All I have is a V-plow that I like to use as little as possible. I'll try and get a pic of it. I hope the rest of the winter doesn't go like it has so far.

HELLO ALL , I TOO I'M GLAD TO FIND OTHER BLADE OPERATORS :D . I HAVE ALWAYS PLOWED SNOW IN A 140G BUT UPGRADED THIS SEASON TO A 2001 140H & WOW DO I LOVE IT :wub: . IS THAT A CABLE SET UP ON THE WING ? MINES ALL HYDRAULIC & I RUN A V-PLOW UP FRONT :) . I'LL HAVE TO GET A PICTURE B) . BOOMER

Yes BOOMER that is a cable wing we had one that was all hydraulic didn't like it I also have a V-plow only use it when it get's bad. Worked here seven years never seen them used.

You wanted to see my snowmover and here it is.

post-10673-1197512992_thumb.jpgpost-10673-1197513039_thumb.jpgpost-10673-1197513090_thumb.jpg

I would have liked to put my Td9 in as a snow mover also but fall laziness and a lack of a block heater means it will sit under a tarp this winter.

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think of my front weights. At least they are getting used for something. :lol::lol::lol:

I like the front weights. When I was in highschool I bought a one bottom plow and rented my dad's Kubota B7200 mfd to plow gardens. It had 3 55lb. factory weights but it needed a little more on the front so I found some weights like yours, cut the bar down and run it thru the handles and added another 75lb. or so. I would plow one garden and by word of mouth I had more than I really wanted with home work, farm work, and what I thought was a social life at that time. Man that was easy money, I wish that I could renew the old side business but not many people in this area have enough personal drive to do more than answer a email. so there are not many gardens to be found.

Cliff; How well does the heat houser work on the 5140? I am curious as to how much heat would flow from the engine compartment with the design of the hood on the Maxxums . I to had to look twice before realizing the 1066 didn't have 2 stacks :wacko:

Bob

It helps on the Maxxum but I don't think it puts out as much heat as the older IHs did. It does help to keep the wind off of you and that helps alot.

is the fan blade reverseable ? or would that even help

post-6597-1197510410_thumb.jpgpost-6597-1197510455_thumb.jpgpost-6597-1197510943_thumb.jpg

This is some of the stuff I use to move snow 400 IH Loader, 2182 Cub Cadet, D8 Cat.

A couple more snow movers. I know they are green 2020 JD with blade, Box Scraper

Ron K - is that a 45" wide #451 on the front of that 2182 Cub Cadet? It looks a lot like the one I have on my 1864. Those things really throw the snow.

First time for a while trying to post a picture. 1456 that I bought from easy bob to push snow with, the cab came from c1456 guess the picture did not load

Past Present Future

post-724-1197587206_thumb.jpgpost-724-1197587305_thumb.jpgpost-724-1197587434_thumb.jpg

Actually skinless does the main duty and have to use the 18 once the banks get so high the tractor won't thow it over anymore. Adams is an ongoing project.

Ron K you've been holding out on us with those pics :) will expect you over on the construction side :D

egoman thats a great unit, you have to exercise twice a year in ways Joe Weider never dreamed off :unsure::D:D You sure your not related to Joey? Southern Barnes?

[quote name='toyboy'

Here's mine Aaron.

Is that the famous one with the 3' blade that the owner claims he's taking an 8' swath from the bash board?

Why yes it would be the bent stack sick wh*re that pulls the oh so big 3-16'' in the oh so tough wisconson potting soil.

Ron K - is that a 45" wide #451 on the front of that 2182 Cub Cadet? It looks a lot like the one I have on my 1864. Those things really throw the snow.

Hoot

That is a 451 Cub Cadet Thrower. This one realy throws because I speeded it up. I have a 450 and 551 on different tractors and I need to speed them up to.

Past Present Future

post-724-1197587206_thumb.jpgpost-724-1197587305_thumb.jpgpost-724-1197587434_thumb.jpg

Actually skinless does the main duty and have to use the 18 once the banks get so high the tractor won't thow it over anymore. Adams is an ongoing project.

Ron K you've been holding out on us with those pics :) will expect you over on the construction side :D

egoman thats a great unit, you have to exercise twice a year in ways Joe Weider never dreamed off :unsure::D:D You sure your not related to Joey? Southern Barnes?

Hardtail

I look at the construction side and should post over there. I have a good collection of equipment from the 1940 to present day. I'll take some time and post some pictures over there some day. My next project to restore is an 805 Koering Dragline. It is BIG

I'd like to see some pictures of the Koering

I'd like to see some pictures of the Koering

This is about the best picture I have. I will get a better one when the snow/ice melts off it.

post-6597-1197598714_thumb.jpg

[quote name='toyboy'

Here's mine Aaron.

Is that the famous one with the 3' blade that the owner claims he's taking an 8' swath from the bash board?

Why yes it would be the bent stack sick wh*re that pulls the oh so big 3-16'' in the oh so tough wisconson potting soil.

LOL! That's what I thought, I've been lurking ( not registered and not posting as "guest") over there for several weeks and I've got him figured out already. Thanks Dr.

Pushed our first snow that amounted to enough to plow last night this winter............Now that I got the skidloader you won't find me using anything else I got. Have used everything from garden tractors with snowblowers, to pickups, to back blades on tractor 3pt, to loader tractors, to 3pt snowblower, backhoes, etc...........For what I do, skidloader can't be beat by any of them.

Still have the 3pt blade, Wheel Horse with snowblower, and loader tractor if I need them, but I doubt I'll use any of them except maybe the Wheel Horse. Would still like to have a 3pt snowblower for the tractor just "In Case".

Snow?? What is this snow that you guys speak of? We've been in the upper 80's all week, finally dropped down to the low 60's yesterday, supposed to only get to the upper 50's tommorow. Supposed to get back to 75 before Christmas. Our really cold weather doesn't ussually start until late January, and to us, thats when the highs only get in the 40's.

I want snow bad. Course, as long as their is snow in the UP, I'll be happy, going there for a sledding trip next weekend.

I want snow bad. Course, as long as their is snow in the UP, I'll be happy, going there for a sledding trip next weekend.

Lots of snow in the UP and across the border on the Canadian side, my boys have ripping the sleds around for the last 3 weeks, creeks & streams need a little more ice to be safe but its cold around here now so making good ice every nite.

The Pro Sno Cross travelling show was in town last weekend and put on a great show at the local ski hill.

Where are sledding in the UP ??

Bill

Snow?? What is this snow that you guys speak of? We've been in the upper 80's all week, finally dropped down to the low 60's yesterday, supposed to only get to the upper 50's tommorow. Supposed to get back to 75 before Christmas. Our really cold weather doesn't ussually start until late January, and to us, thats when the highs only get in the 40's.

Them's fightin' words!

Your 'really cold' weather temperature is what I keep my bedroom all winter! Anchorage, Alaska is usually warmer than central Iowa this time of year!

80's all week.......I donwanna hear it! :P:D

dave

Here a picture of our 2210 JD. This picture was from last year. I haven't got to use it yet this year but when we had our first snow we had to shovel the drive.

farmtoys001-1.jpg

Well here's mine. It ain't pretty but it works great. I have a steep and slanted driveway and the Old H handles it like a champ.

post-445-1197683659_thumb.jpg

Well here's mine. It ain't pretty but it works great. I have a steep and slanted driveway and the Old H handles it like a champ.

You have a pic of that 806? It looks MEAN!

[quote name='toyboy'

Here's mine Aaron.

Potting siol?

Here is another angle of the 806. I do have other pics on another puter....thats crashed. I will try to get and post them. OH YEAH IT IS MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-445-1197690422_thumb.jpg

Lots of snow in the UP and across the border on the Canadian side, my boys have ripping the sleds around for the last 3 weeks, creeks & streams need a little more ice to be safe but its cold around here now so making good ice every nite.

The Pro Sno Cross travelling show was in town last weekend and put on a great show at the local ski hill.

Where are sledding in the UP ??

Bill

Starting out in Grand Marais, heading to Tequamenon one day, and maybe the Soo another day. What do your boys have for sleds?