Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chub

JOHN DEERE PULL TYPE 7721

I just bought a 1960 AC All Crop 72 to add to my collection. After I get it home and cleaned up a little I will have to post some pics.

Pictures of the offset header that was with the 1482

post-340-1196308150_thumb.jpg

post-340-1196308278_thumb.jpg

Gotta ask, what was the point of an offset header?

DOH! Okay, it's just for the pull types. Had brain fart and was thinking it was related to a self propelled. Gotta up my meds for this head cold. :lol:

There is a very good looking ih 150 pto combine in running cd at a Kramer auction April 28.Just over a hour from me[my daughter drives almost that far for gas or groceries] Must have been shedded.Maybe loadstar would move the pictures over here for us or a link.I haven't learned how yet

That would be the pto version of a 151 sp

There is a very good looking ih 150 pto combine in running cd at a Kramer auction April 28.Just over a hour from me[my daughter drives almost that far for gas or groceries] Must have been shedded.Maybe loadstar would move the pictures over here for us or a link.I haven't learned how yet

That would be the pto version of a 151 sp

John, I know the one you mean and I am sure I have posted that somewhere on these forums already but can't find it tonight. So I will just have to re-post it as I have the picture saved. Looks like it has been stored indoors all it's life. Check out the rest of the sale as there is a nice 1976 Cargostar 1710 there too.

http://kramerauction.com/equipment/display...hp?AuctionID=54

post-90-1197264057_thumb.jpg

Ralph, now there is a never before to be seen by yours truly!! Might have seen same in an ad in it's day but no memoryu of same. Brings to mind the 151 SP in this months Harvestor Highlights magazine, Owned for the last 50 years by the present owner and his father before him. Got it when it was 2 years old. Still in use and used on 200 acres each year. Lots of rebuilding has went on over the years it says.

Interesting combine! I did not realize that the pull types were made so late. One might wonder if the pull-types would make a comeback considering all the combine fires that have happened.

Interesting combine! I did not realize that the pull types were made so late. One might wonder if the pull-types would make a comeback considering all the combine fires that have happened.

not too likely, can you imagine trying to unload on the go into a grain cart with one? or running a 30' flex head and trying to avoid rocks, etc etc?

combines have always caught fire, but they make the 'news' now with the advent of the internet.

Actually that 150 would not be considered late production. Its what, maybe early to mid sixties vintage. IH, JD, Massey were all making pull types for another 30 years or so.

Unloading on the go might be a problem with the little IH unable to reach over the top of today's huge grain carts but with a smaller cart, say 150 bushels, it was possible. I helped a guy combine with a JD 65 pull type. 4020 p.s. up front and I had a 2010 on the hopper wagon. It worked well. Small combine, small cart, small farm, it all works together. ^_^

Ralph; thanks for posting the pic and link. That yellow lever must be the unloading auger clutch or belt tightener.I don't know what the original looked like. I live about a hour northwest of there so plan to attend unless my family locks me up that day.That kind of stuff never brought much money in the past but I think thats starting to change.I bought excellent Massey 72 for a friend for $40 a few years ago but there was a restored jd clipper brought over $7000 last spring .I heard there was a family dispute involved thou. I wounder if the cutting parts from a 403 would fit as our smallest swather is 30 ft and what will I park outside to make room????lets see now ;say I'm going fenceing and wount be home for lunch, bring it home on some back roads,parkit out of sight .If it brings enough at the sale it wont matter.

I had another look at that sale bill.That equipment is very well kept and nearly all shedded.The 8n ford looks as good a original tractor as you could find. I counted 9 shanks on the cockshutt cult,be good to give some old tractors some exercise. Those trucks are premium. Maybe I should stay home

I have a friend with a versitile 42 in the quanset;I'l try to get a picture of it.It hasen't been out for many years so will be a bit dusty

I picked up a new Hotline farm equipment blue book the other day, and scanning through, I came across a listing for a JD 9501 pulltype. Says manufactured from 1989-1995. Anyone ever seen one of those??

I picked up a new Hotline farm equipment blue book the other day, and scanning through, I came across a listing for a JD 9501 pulltype. Says manufactured from 1989-1995. Anyone ever seen one of those??

I have only seen one 9501, a new machine that a local dealer had out on display one day as I was passing. I didn't have my camera, just the video and think I might have shot some video of the combine as it was a rare one for me. Prior to that the 7721 and 7701 were fairly common and popular machines here. I'd bet theres more than a few of them still to be found at work in the fields at harvest time in Sask.