Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pt756

? farm news guy said a recent sale in iowa 8800 an acre true?

listened top the local guy on radio this morning daid he has cousins in iowa that said a recent land auction that one 80 acre piece sold for 8800 and the cheapest one was 7600 per acre all sold to area farmers, wow! that is getting right up there

If it's true these guys are going to take it in the rear hard some day ,I have a feeling some day the crash in the 70's will happen again where interest rates triple land prices drop 4-5 fold again

listened top the local guy on radio this morning daid he has cousins in iowa that said a recent land auction that one 80 acre piece sold for 8800 and the cheapest one was 7600 per acre all sold to area farmers, wow! that is getting right up there

Are you sure they weren't amish?

It's true, and there's no amish in this part of the world.

From what I heard, there were four farms of 80 acres a piece.

They were all bought by a dairy to use for manure management.

320 acres you can only spread so much poop on it ,you would think they could offer it free to the area farms and apply it for them cheaper .

Supposedly 446 ac. about 5 miles from here sold for $10,000/ac :o Good black ground but nothing spectacular. I talked to one ofr the brothers that currently farm it & he said the owners will neither confirm nor deny but he suspects it has sold. Until now the highest paid per ac in this area was a 200 ac less than a 1/4 mile from us that sold for $5,750/ac last Jan.

Did you hear NPR interview Grant Harris of Cowtown Rodeo Company Woodstown N.J.he's turned down 25 million+ for the 1200 acres in south Jersey where they are based .Place has been in the family for 12 generations.

back when corn was 4.00 early spring an 80 in Mercer county, OH sold for a little better than 12000/ac It did have a house and buildings on it but nothing spectacular. Two neighbors in a bidding war....the loser told the new owner "this will teach you to stay on your side of the fence" :blink:

I heard this from one of our feed dealers who lives in the neighborhood, and I consider him a reliable source.