Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mike154

Type differences on Fast Hitches.

Hi guys. Was wondering how many different types of fast hitch were made?

Here's what I've had expereience with:

One point for cub lo-boy.

One point for Farmall cub-these two would share same prong dimensions.

One point for 100,130,140-these would share same prong dimension. (larger than cub prongs).

Two point for: Super C,200,230,240-these would have same prong size. (which is different than any of the one point prongs).

Two point for 300,340,to 450,560-these would have larger prongs than C,etc.(the C sized implements could be used on the larger tractors with the 3/8" spacer installed in the larger tractors reciever).

Here's where I get hazy: on the bigger tractors such as the 706-1206 with two point were they a larger prong set-up still?

Thanks for helping.

Mike

One point for 100,130,140-these would share same prong dimension. (larger than cub prongs).

Two point for: Super C,200,230,240-these would have same prong size. (which is different than any of the one point prongs).

Two point for 300,340,to 450,560-these would have larger prongs than C,etc.(the C sized implements could be used on the larger tractors with the 3/8" spacer installed in the larger tractors reciever).

Here's where I get hazy: on the bigger tractors such as the 706-1206 with two point were they a larger prong set-up still?

Thanks for helping.

Mike

The 450 we had had the same fasthitch as our 806D, or at least accepted the same prongs. We use the fasthitch/3pt prongs off our 1206 in our 756 when we want to put a 3pt implement on the 756.

Thanks for helping.

Mike

I think 300 and up are all the same.I use the old fast hitch drawbar off a 806 on a 656 and 544.

I think 300 and up are all the same.I use the old fast hitch drawbar off a 806 on a 656 and 544.

Only differences were the 300s-560s had the two way cylinders on the fasthitch and later tractors only had lift.. I recall raising the back wheels of the 450 off the ground with a blade on the fasthitch. I also recall reading that the 3/400s used a slightly narrower mounting bracket but prongs & spacimg between the prongs were the same.

Only differences were the 300s-560s had the two way cylinders on the fasthitch and later tractors only had lift.. I recall raising the back wheels of the 450 off the ground with a blade on the fasthitch. I also recall reading that the 3/400s used a slightly narrower mounting bracket but prongs & spacimg between the prongs were the same.

I've changed quite a few tires with the help of a fast hitch on a 560.

I made a shoe/plate that bolts into the drawbar extension and fits the curve of a tire rim.

A couple of quick passes usually makes quick work of breaking beads. :)

Everything I have seen says these all used the same prong dimensions.

Everything I have seen says these all used the same prong dimensions.

The cub implements I've had are sloppy in my 130 receiver. Also, if I try to hook up to any 130 implements the prong won't fit the cub. My observations.

I wish I had a book that would address this officially.

Mike

I don't have any 100,130,140s here, just Cubs with Fast-Hitch. Looking in the manuals, the Cub L-F11 and 1-F 11 Rotary Hoes, for example, use the same lifting arms, which include the coupling beams. No mention of any filler plates. All I have to go by.

I'll have to investigate this more.

Thanks, for bringing it up on the rotary hoes.

Mike

What about the 404, 504 and 606? Did the 404 use the same fast hitch as the Super C, 200, 230 and 240, while the 504 and 606 used the larger fast hitch? Did they still have two way cylinders or only lift?