Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H-D

End Of The Year Blues

20 posts in this topic

It seems to me that the month of december is one of the worst times of the year. We not only have Christmas, but also end of the year expences such as taxes and in my case two birthdays to celebrate. Is It just me, or do any of you think this way too?

Actually I enjoy December, except for the shopping. January brings snowmobile season, which is good (I know I'm a minority here), tax season really doesn't hurt as I've always gotten money back. I'm a little depressed about February though, I get a '0' on my birthday, as in 30. Only a few more weeks of invincibility....

OMG 5088, you are about to go out of the "golden Years" Go out and have some fun!! :lol::lol::lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Always hate the week between Christmas and New Years. Had a great Christmas and then have to buy fertilizer and supplies before the end of the year to keep from paying too much taxes. Worst part is you have to spend money that isn't there (usually in stored grain that is too cheap to sell at this time). Then on the first week of the new year we work on closing the books of the previous year and getting financial statements in order. Lots of stress and Rolaids over the next 2 weeks but we'll get through it. We always do. Reading the forum always provides a good break in the action.

our property taxes come due in Michigan in December, and I already paid mine, the problem is they are now making it so we have to pay more in the summer every year, as they claim it is a tax shift and the state needs the money earlier, I say it is a tax increase, as I will have only 6 months to come up with that portion of the tax bill instead of 12, and what will happen when the state needs more money because they can't get by on the money we pay in already, I would like to see them cut some programs or something, not just increase taxes

Roger I'll have to agree with you on this. Once December is over it just maens that I am that much closer to going back to the 7-5 job for a couple of months. :(:angry::(:angry::(:angry:

IHboog

It seems to me that the month of december is one of the worst times of the year. We not only have Christmas, but also end of the year expences such as taxes and in my case two birthdays to celebrate. Is It just me, or do any of you think this way too?

Boy Roger, you sure have hit the nail on the head. Seems like I spend the week before trying to figure out where I stand tax wise & what expenses to pay before or after the end of the year. That combined with a hectic schedule of catering most of the month has taken a lot of joy out of Christmas.

McScrooge boog

I learned a long time ago that, personally and professionally, this week between Christmas and New Year's sits about 3/8 of an inch away from The Great Abyss.

The best thing I can do for myself is double the distance:

...close the clinic,

...eat plenty of vegetables,

...be careful answering the phone,

...get in a little treadmill time every day,

...refuse to feel any more guilt than I already do,

...don't start anything I can't finish well before going to bed,

...spend plenty of really good, fun, quality time with dear Mrs. RedTed,

...and just ignore everything that'll still be there on January 3rd.

Got nothing to lose for trying.

That sounds like good advice but how about moving some of these darned taxes to some other time while we are at it?

That sounds like good advice but how about moving some of these darned taxes to some other time while we are at it?

HD, Maybe what we should do is to settup a INC. Then we could go to a fiscal year and establish a year's ending more suitable. But then we would only be postponing the inevitable :(

boog

I just hate this time year. I hate Xmas, I hate short days ans long nights. I hate cold.

Gonna get rich and move down under in November every year

Roger, you and boog and others have hit it on the head. Dec. is always depressing for me for all the reasons boog stated plus having to celebrate Christmas with my family and the in laws. I get along with everybody, but am a loner by nature and hate being around noisy people. I'm much happier if I am by myself somewhere where it is quiet! :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Darned good Idea Boog. At least we could get rid of the induced stress of books and "stuff" along with everything else in Dec. But do we want an INC. Or a LLC?

I was wondering about moving the end of the year taxes to a better date myself. Do you have to incorporate to be able to change. Anybody know the law?

Yes I have to agree it's nutty time of the year. Our taxes year ends on December 31 then you have sometime in April to have them in....Yes if you own a company you can put your year end any where you like.

Don,

Sounds as if we come from the same mold. I'm basically a loner myself. Had 5 brothers & sisters but grew up an only child. Momma boog gets upset with me because when we go to her family's for get-togethers I prefer to sit by myself away from all the loud talking. I tell her it's nothing personal as I do the same when my family get's together. Like I tell her, they may be brothers & sisters but I didn't grow up with them so we don't have much in common.

Maybe part of it is spending so much time in the fields alone.

boog

HD,

Probably a LLC would be a better than a Inc. IHboog & I have gave this some discussion & I hope to meet with my attorney this winter to pursue the matter farther

Colt_60

I believe it takes more than just owning a business to settup a fiscal year. Not sure what all is required by there is some paperwork that must be filed with the state & uncle sam

That sure beats the heck out of December I think

End of the year is a drag here as well. 2 birthdays, Christmas, New Years, and our wedding anniversary. I can't wait till April comes back.

Yes, I agree about never like them at any time , but too much going on in December with "normal" year end business and then taxes plus christmas too, Just too much to be able to enjoy the reason for the season.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0