Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam

CNH is changing the Case IH logo again!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask, what the H*LL is wrong with this logo?????? DUMB *SSES!!!!!!!

post-1574-1176180488.gif

IH RD :angry::angry::angry:

as randy would say, i concur

Well Jason, let us hear your opinion since you have a level head and all the rest of us are flying off the handle as you put, so we will just sit here and try to relax.

I'm so sorry I didnt have more time to sit around on the computer and laugh at you guys making a big deal over nothing. It was time to go to work, I thought work was probably a little more important.

I dont think it looks THAT bad...sure it isnt what we are used to but thats life. I still dont really see the big deal. I'm pretty sure what this is is a bunch of guys who have to resist change to make themselves feel better.

I just looked out the window, and guess what, the sun did rise in the east this morning. Hmmm...imagine that, it came up, even with the funky CIH logo. Life will go on. :ph34r:

Well Jason, let us hear your opinion since you have a level head and all the rest of us are flying off the handle as you put, so we will just sit here and try to relax.

I'm so sorry I didnt have more time to sit around on the computer and laugh at you guys making a big deal over nothing. It was time to go to work, I thought work was probably a little more important.

I dont think it looks THAT bad...sure it isnt what we are used to but thats life. I still dont really see the big deal. I'm pretty sure what this is is a bunch of guys who have to resist change to make themselves feel better.

I just looked out the window, and guess what, the sun did rise in the east this morning. Hmmm...imagine that, it came up, even with the funky CIH logo. Life will go on. :ph34r:

JASON, THAT'S GREAT!!! NOW KNOW WHEN TO SAY WHEN AND LET OTHERS TALK ABOUT IT!!! THIS IS WHAT RUINS A POST IS ONE GUY JABBING AND OTHERS GETTING MADDER. LET'S ALL GET ALONG. BOOMER

JASON, THAT'S GREAT!!! NOW KNOW WHEN TO SAY WHEN AND LET OTHERS TALK ABOUT IT!!! THIS IS WHAT RUINS A POST IS ONE GUY JABBING AND OTHERS GETTING MADDER. LET'S ALL GET ALONG. BOOMER

I'm pretty sure he specifically asked me a question so I felt it was only polite to answer him.

How many of you will NOT buy a new Case-IH tractor because of the new logo?

Seems to me we are wasting a lot of oxygen on something that won't impact our love of the IH equipments and heritage.

Jim

that logo looks gay :angry:

I second that.

I about flipped head over heels with the (formerly) new red "I" in the Case IH logo, it looked wonderful, made sense, and it was a simple change that had EXCELLENT results, I've seen more Case IH emblems after the change than I have in a long time.

I didn't even know there was anything called "Case IH" until probably 1995. Only one Case IH tractor in my area, and two or three Case IH combines. And that continues today, as it does for most of the farmers in this country... they have very few if any late model machines less than 15 years old.

I deeply believe Mother Deere and others are going to have the best laugh over this. It's not that I'm resistant to change, it is that I am resistant to making something worse. This new logo is DEFINATELY worse than the last one. If I was resistant to change, I wouldn't have liked them changing Case International to Case IH, I wouldn't have liked them slanting it, I wouldn't have liked them making the I red. All those were great improvements, and showed great progress in the quality and value of the emblem, that suddenly there was an emblem that was pleasant to look at.

I much rather look at beautiful women, and if she keeps getting prettier, that is fine by me. But if she gets a bad nose job it ruins the entire picture, and everyone will make fun of the nose. Right now, that nose is that midget, and if they follow through with whatever that is supposed to represent there won't be anyone wearing it on clothing in public... it isn't pleasant to the eye. It has NOTHING to do with the equipment (as said, however, it does show instability in a company) but it does have to do with public image. Deere's emblem and the red "i" Case IH emblems are worthy of comparison, but the change would be suicide if they think they can change and make it a more worthy emblem.

It is not that I resist change, I resist something that looks bad.

It is not that I resist change, I resist something that looks bad.

Or just something that was plain stupid and idiotic. :wacko: Shouldn't be rocket science to figure out what the customer wants....

Aaron

:o you no you can also e-mail fiat at there world headqurters and let them know how you feel , i set them a message last night will look to see if they return any thing

Geez guys, It's just a bloody logo! What the **** is wrong with just doing a simple change?

As shown PREVIOUSLY (Read the topic instead of posting right off the bat!), It was done before, so there is no big deal with it. I see no difference from the new and old, The I is still pronounced, the logo is still the same, and there is no name chance.

So get over it!

Read the whole topic.........................I'll go with my first reaction.............it looks like SH!T!!!!

It's more than just a logo to many of us.

My note to the Case-IH link ..............

Dear Case-IH people ....... please pay attention !!

-------------------------------------------------

Dear Gentlemen,

Please take a better look at your new Co. logo with the Case-IH.

We think the IH should be like the original style which would be an improvement over the current one.

The International Harvester heritage is very important, and great company of strengths to it, we feel you should recognize that for all the farm and ranch people still in our business.

Take some farmers advice, and get with this improvement of your ag eq. logo. Do not fail to seriously consider what we are telling you.

Keep IH in there, they were, and are, the backbone to your strength. Sales will pick up if you put forth a name and logo all recognize.

Make it enticing to the equipment and parts buyers, to see the proud name IH being displayed, and recognize it for what it really is.

Establish the IH back to its glory in your world over logo !

Make a difference, and you will see a difference with your machinery reputation and sales preferences !

On behalf of all farm people with your equipment in sight,

Thank you,

M. Drake mdrake45@yahoo.com

mjd

=================================================

I have been wearing "RED" underwear for many years.At this point i could care less what the emblem looks like.As long as the product that they are putting out can live up to the customers expectations.The emblem dosent matter one bit.Its like the guy that shows up to the Drag strip in an old primer coated Chevelle and blows the doors off all the "pretty" high dollar cars.Its not what it looks like,its how it performs !!

I have been wearing "RED" underwear for many years.At this point i could care less what the emblem looks like.As long as the product that they are putting out can live up to the customers expectations.The emblem dosent matter one bit.Its like the guy that shows up to the Drag strip in an old primer coated Chevelle and blows the doors off all the "pretty" high dollar cars.Its not what it looks like,its how it performs !!

HEAR HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally someone brought a sense of reason to this thread. You all sound like the Old Hens at the Quilting Club complaining the Glanda dyed her hair blonde and not blue!

I would venture a guess that most that are complaining about the new logo will never purchase a "new from the factory" piece of Case-IH equipment. No use getting your panties in a wad over this as it doesn't affect you. Besides, the people buying the new equipment (read: the ones that actually keep Case-IH in business) don't care if the logo is "gay" or not. Rather they care whether the equipment meets their needs.

Instead of complaining about the logo, why not complain about the lack of leadership by Case-IH in precision ag?

Jim "probably never buy new" Smith

HEAR HEAR HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally someone brought a sense of reason to this thread. You all sound like the Old Hens at the Quilting Club complaining the Glanda dyed her hair blonde and not blue!

I would venture a guess that most that are complaining about the new logo will never purchase a "new from the factory" piece of Case-IH equipment. No use getting your panties in a wad over this as it doesn't affect you. Besides, the people buying the new equipment (read: the ones that actually keep Case-IH in business) don't care if the logo is "gay" or not. Rather they care whether the equipment meets their needs.

Instead of complaining about the logo, why not complain about the lack of leadership by Case-IH in precision ag?

There are people on here that buy new. But I'll agree when is cIH ever going to the lead? They are always 2 steps behind the competition. They don't even try to innovate in anyway. I do think the new IH decal is retarded. What's the point of it? What was wrong with the one that just came out a 6 months ago?

Ummm...... I've bought a new STX-275 & last fall a New Steiger 330. Does that give me the right to complain then?

I might look closer at a D**re next time I trade, who knows?!

IH RD

I don't want to say anything against the old Case, or that CaseNewHolland can't modify it's identity... times do change.

But it seems to me that CNH's "problem" over the years is that it lacks the sense of brand loyalty that Deere has, that Harvester had, which it can't build when it's changing it's logo every six months or so. One of the lessons guys like the real Raymond Loewy and Henry Dreyfuss tried to teach Harvester and Deere was that the form and function have to work together.

In my opinion, the "rolled" or "squashed" logo (form, if you will) works *against* the function. I could be wrong.

I have to admit some irritation at the idea my opinion counts for less because I don't buy new. The money I spent at the local CNH dealer on my old binders last year would have gone a long ways toward a new tractor (which I'm still considering for the future, by the way)... and I went out of my way, out of town, to do business with the CNH dealer,-- there are Kubota, MF, Allis Agco and Deere dealers in my town I'm sure would have been glad to have the work. But I went CIH because of (1) a good dealer and (2) CIH has been working harder of late to build up the old customer loyalty.

I don't want to say anything against the old Case, or that CaseNewHolland can't modify it's identity... times do change.

But it seems to me that CNH's "problem" over the years is that it lacks the sense of brand loyalty that Deere has, that Harvester had, which it can't build when it's changing it's logo every six months or so. One of the lessons guys like the real Raymond Loewy and Henry Dreyfuss tried to teach Harvester and Deere was that the form and function have to work together.

In my opinion, the "rolled" or "squashed" logo (form, if you will) works *against* the function. I could be wrong.

I have to admit some irritation at the idea my opinion counts for less because I don't buy new. The money I spent at the local CNH dealer on my old binders last year would have gone a long ways toward a new tractor (which I'm still considering for the future, by the way)... and I went out of my way, out of town, to do business with the CNH dealer,-- there are Kubota, MF, Allis Agco and Deere dealers in my town I'm sure would have been glad to have the work. But I went CIH because of (1) a good dealer and (2) CIH has been working harder of late to build up the old customer loyalty.

Very well said! THANK YOU!!!!!

I feel the same way. My gosh just my parts bill alone that goes to CNH is huge! Just that should give a person the right to complain!? I'm sure the competition would love to get my business, they have tried for years. But through thick & thin I've been loyal to IH. Even though the CIH dealer is farther than the D**re dealers :wacko: . Right or wrong it's "brand loyalty". Everyone knows nowdays equipment is all pretty much good quality. It goes back to what you were brought up with & what you prefer, I happened to be lucky enough to have grown up on IH equipment :wub: .

IH RD

After reading and thinking I think too this big conglomerate of machinery has an identity crisis. Meaning you have so many companies rolled up into one and brand loyalty is good with most. But really when you see a load of self propelled mower conditioners going down the road and one is a case IH and the other is a New Holland on the same load :wacko: They are just trying to make us happy. Deere don't have that problem its all Deere! If and when they Deere bought out the shortlines from other manufactures they dropped the other name. I may be wrong but......... ?

If they could split case off and make it construction only. As it is already or Why don't they rename their construction equipment case IH also. That is strong for case and weak for IH. Then that would leave IH in AG only that is IH strong point. And most would be happy. I don't hear nearly as many case owners complain about the merging of them with IH. Still keep the parts for case AG.

What ever is decided hope we can sway some minds of the parent company. I believe it may be working.

By the way if they are trying to save money shortening the i to save ink that is not the way to go! ;)^_^

After reading and thinking I think too this big conglomerate of machinery has an identity crisis. Meaning you have so many companies rolled up into one and brand loyalty is good with most. But really when you see a load of self propelled mower conditioners going down the road and one is a case IH and the other is a New Holland on the same load :wacko: They are just trying to make us happy. Deere don't have that problem its all Deere! If and when they Deere bought out the shortlines from other manufactures they dropped the other name. I may be wrong but......... ?

If they could split case off and make it construction only. As it is already or Why don't they rename their construction equipment case IH also. That is strong for case and weak for IH. Then that would leave IH in AG only that is IH strong point. And most would be happy. I don't hear nearly as many case owners complain about the merging of them with IH. Still keep the parts for case AG.

What ever is decided hope we can sway some minds of the parent company. I believe it may be working.

By the way if they are trying to save money shortening the i to save ink that is not the way to go! ;)^_^

You know I was actually wondering that too. If they were trying to save money on decals by not having to worry about the top part. lol

I thought they had a good look when the red I came back last fall. The big H looks like at Stars Wars Tie Fighter instead of a man on a tractor.

darthvader_tie_fighter.jpg