Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam

CNH is changing the Case IH logo again!!!!!!!!!!

Its called "retro" boys. Happens every 30 years or so. Same thing with girls wearing bell bottom jeans and guys wearing afros. Now, you would think that eventually, they will go back to THE IH logo.

Tony

Why don't they just use the IH and get rid of Case!!!!

i realize that the "I" or driver is a little bit shorter than the "wheels"(black) but not a freaking MIDGIT!!

When I was a little kid of four years old, I remember telling my parents that the IH logo looked like a man sitting on a tractor. They said that I was right. That was exactly how Raymond Loewy intended the logo to look...like a man sitting on a tractor! This newest logo looks like there had been an accident on a tractor without ROPS. That look is probably not what CaseIH legal would like to portray.

Maybe because of all the guys who think they should just use the Case and get rid of the IH? I know thats probably akin braggin' on a Deere on this site and all, but really.... Why should they drop one name and not the other? Heck, you guys should be happy they retained what they did. There could be no "Case" or "IH" anymore.... you could be buying "Tenneco" tractors. Think on that some...

Here's a copy of the new logo.......post-126-1176138115_thumb.jpg

To quote the communications dept at CNH reply to my email............."the new Case IH logo, representing a shortened version of the red driver "I", with a red blaze with the word Agriculture below will be the new logo going forward. The Agriculture blaze under the logo will not be used on equipment. More details on the logo usage will be coming soon."

I really hope that this helps to clear up any rumours and or confusion that are being created and seem to spread on here like wildfire......

Really looks bad to me, like something a 5 year old came up with. I liked the appearance of the other logo, even with the italics IH. IMO they really messed the look of the symbol up.

Al

Case tractors and tillage equipment helped three farms I lived near survive and make a good living for them, as well as one farm put me through college to some extent. My wifes uncle farms with a 730,830, and 930 and his neighbor has all Case but one Allis 200. Case power has meant to many families what IH meant to others, keep 'em both and be glad we can get parts......

That looks like CRAP!! :angry::angry: ...and here I thought they were going in the right direction! :angry::angry: It's just wrong.

FD :(

Darryn, I have to agree with you, this logo is someones retro wet dream but it looks hideous. The whole point of the IH is the "man on the tractor", it doesn't work now, I like the slant version but this is weird.

As far as Bermuda Kens' picture of the mower blade box, I remember the old mower blade boxes piled up in our shed for our 108 cadet we had as a kid, don't know why we never chucked the old blades or boxes, wish I had the boxes now.

It seems funny that lots of people have seen the new logo but no one has any pictures. I'm not calling anyone a liar as CNH is known to do some dumb things once in awhile but like 560 said, seeing is believing.

Now that I have everyones attention....when is the last time any of you saw an IH logo pulling a planter, shelling corn, working ground or grinding feed for livestock? Thats what I thought, you DIDNT! It's just a decal people, I'm sure you can buy the older decal if you really have to have it. I HIGHLY doubt a decal change is going to make the famous MX Magnums junk...

If you cant stand the new decal, buy another brand. But, be forewarned that other companies change their looks from time to time as well. I thought the new CIH logo looked pretty good, and I cant explain why they changed it so soon, but it isnt the end of the world, and the sun will still come up in the morning.

and yes, I did indeed wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Well said Jason, and Chad K makes a good point as well...

Maybe because of all the guys who think they should just use the Case and get rid of the IH? I know thats probably akin braggin' on a Deere on this site and all, but really.... Why should they drop one name and not the other? Heck, you guys should be happy they retained what they did. There could be no "Case" or "IH" anymore.... you could be buying "Tenneco" tractors. Think on that some...

Well then why didn't they put IH on the construction equipment? They put the case name on all the ag equip. and all case had were tractors and they were a case of trouble. I am willing to bet that the number of people that want to get rid of case and keep IH far outnumber the people who want to keep case and get rid of IH. If they would have got rid of the IH name when tenneco bought them out they would have lost alot more market share than they did. I'm sick of people calling everything case, like my case magnum or my case combine when it is all IH. The International Harvestor name is Much stronger than the case name.

Well then why didn't they put IH on the construction equipment?

Good point. If CASE has to be on an IH tractor then IH should be on CASE construction equipment, PERIOD! <_<

Here's a copy of the new logo.......post-126-1176138115_thumb.jpg

To quote the communications dept at CNH reply to my email............."the new Case IH logo, representing a shortened version of the red driver "I", with a red blaze with the word Agriculture below will be the new logo going forward. The Agriculture blaze under the logo will not be used on equipment. More details on the logo usage will be coming soon."

I really hope that this helps to clear up any rumours and or confusion that are being created and seem to spread on here like wildfire......

IMHO that new logo is not very impressive......now the "i" doesn't look like it actually is an i or that it represents a man on a tractor at all. And sadly they should have the ends of the "blaze" or ribbon parallel to represent precision and strength to go along with the slanting forward that represents action. I'll bet the John Deere and AGCO people (among others) got a charge out of that when they first saw it.

Well, they sure screwed *that* up.

Past that, I would just as soon see them stick with CaseIH and be done with it. IH has been gone over twenty years, and it ain't coming back.

(disclaimer: no, I am not now- nor have ever been -the real Mr Loewy, I chose the handle as a tribute of sorts when registration became necessary to read the forum. I've been planning to come up with a new identity, and this seems a good last comment to make using that name)

Well then why didn't they put IH on the construction equipment? They put the case name on all the ag equip. and all case had were tractors and they were a case of trouble. I am willing to bet that the number of people that want to get rid of case and keep IH far outnumber the people who want to keep case and get rid of IH. If they would have got rid of the IH name when tenneco bought them out they would have lost alot more market share than they did. I'm sick of people calling everything case, like my case magnum or my case combine when it is all IH. The International Harvestor name is Much stronger than the case name.

On the Axial flow side of your argument I would agree, the Magnum is a collaberation between IH and Case, IH was gone by 1987 It could have been black,white and orange too.....I personally feel IH is a better value than Deere for the money if you are cheap like me but Case is better yet. You can find decent 1370 Case tractors for 5-6K and have a tough tractor that will flat out pull, It's not about fashionable it's about what you get accomplished. I thought for it's era the 70 series was ahead of most everything anyway, Case wanted to be a big tractor builder and thats what they did. Bash on Case all you want but if nothing else they helped keep alot of good products availiable to farmers that didn't deserve to fall by the wayside.

I usually try to avoid touchy topics such as this, but...

How much IH is there in Case construction equipment? That was Case's line EXCLUSIVELY. Remember, most of the first CaseIH tractors were Case's repainted and redecaled. The Magnums were a JOINT motor effort (CDC), Case dash computer, IH trans and rear end. I would have no problem if the IH name was used on the combines until a new a new joint design was used. Seems like common sense to me.

FWIW, I like the new decal.

On the Axial flow side of your argument I would agree, the Magnum is a collaberation between IH and Case, IH was gone by 1987 It could have been black,white and orange too.....I personally feel IH is a better value than Deere for the money if you are cheap like me but Case is better yet. You can find decent 1370 Case tractors for 5-6K and have a tough tractor that will flat out pull, It's not about fashionable it's about what you get accomplished. I thought for it's era the 70 series was ahead of most everything anyway, Case wanted to be a big tractor builder and thats what they did. Bash on Case all you want but if nothing else they helped keep alot of good products availiable to farmers that didn't deserve to fall by the wayside.

Well put. Although I wouldnt go as far to say that IH was gone by '87, there was an equal amount of effort in the Magnums.

Even as a die hard Case fan, I am scared of the powershift. Was at the dealer's today and they had a 23 or 2594 with a smoked torque limiter. Probably took the p.s. with it too. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

How much IH is there in Case construction equipment? That was Case's line EXCLUSIVELY. Remember, most of the first CaseIH tractors were Case's repainted and redecaled. The Magnums were a JOINT motor effort (CDC), Case dash computer, IH trans and rear end. I would have no problem if the IH name was used on the combines until a new a new joint design was used. Seems like common sense to me.

Well put. Although I wouldnt go as far to say that IH was gone by '87, there was an equal amount of effort in the Magnums.

Even as a die hard Case fan, I am scared of the powershift. Was at the dealer's today and they had a 23 or 2594 with a smoked torque limiter. Probably took the p.s. with it too. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4

That is right, Wart. Also, how much Case was there in anything but parts of the Magnum and a couple other tractors and the construction equipment. ZERO. I think it was smart of them to keep the Case only name on the construciton side. A good line of equipment. I also think it is a bad idea to de-emphasize the IH in the ag line. That is how I look at this new logo. I will stand by my opinion that it is not appealing and it looks like someone stepped on the IH. Plus, and I am no expert of the corporate world, but all this change of logos and things every 6 months makes it seem like a unstable company.

I can appreciate that, I meant IH as a corporation didn't exist in 87 as it had two years prior. Is your 1175 a PS or the standard (8sp?), my friends dad had an 1175 non powershift. I worked on a farm with a 10 and 1370 powershift, the ten got rebuilt once about 15 years ago and was still going strong. I could've bought it this winter reasonably but couldn't go back to openstation for corn hauling (i'll admit the ps worried me a tad too, it lasted about 15 years the first time around.) Those two tractors served those guys real well.

Ya and painting those case tractors red was the biggest mistake tenneco could have made. I wonder why they had to have a fire sale on them to get rid of them? And the magnum is at least 90% IH. The dash you talk about is case, yes but it always goes out all the time too. So there was a little bit of case in the magnum and you say that justifies having case on the whole line of ag equip. I don't see the difference honestly from the case construction and IH ag. What about planters, tillage, hay, combines, what about all that? FYI we have a 4890 case of trouble and we have spent alot of $$ fixing on it. I thought this was an IH board.

Case tried to make all the equipment look like a product of their company, Case tossed alot of their identity when it merged IH, alot like Deutz tossed alot of AC when they bought them, they painted AC stuff green for awhile too, until they saw the light and went back to corporate orange.

I think Case corp found their happy medium for twenty years, keep the harvester red, develop great tactors, combines etc. and try to do the best with the mixed heitage they have. Why crap on people loyal to CASE, why would that be better, Case has a proud history too. Hard to understand the decisions a huge corporation like this makes, but at least they are around to make us wonder.

I would have no problem if the IH name was used on the combines until a new a new joint design was used.

Ya and painting those case tractors red was the biggest mistake tenneco could have made. I wonder why they had to have a fire sale on them to get rid of them? And the magnum is at least 90% IH. The dash you talk about is case, yes but it always goes out all the time too. So there was a little bit of case in the magnum and you say that justifies having case on the whole line of ag equip. I don't see the difference honestly from the case construction and IH ag. What about planters, tillage, hay, combines, what about all that? FYI we have a 4890 case of trouble and we have spent alot of $$ fixing on it. I thought this was an IH board.

Read my above quote.

Yes, it is an IH board. I never bash the IH heritage or any of the products they brought into the merger. Just that people who completely deny Case's involvement in producing the excellent line of Magnums pi$$ me off.

I think the new logo totally sucks.

If you'll remember, a few years back, Deere intorduced a new logo. They went from a jumping deer that appeared to be "landing" to a new one that appeared to be "taking off." They stressed in all the ads about it that it represented the company "Leaping foward" in technology, etc. The new logo was generally well accepted, and mostly because of the "explanation" of it.

What will be the line CNH GLOBAL will try to feed us about the new IH logo? "We're squashing our past, and pissing away our future." Looks like that's their plan to me....

The IH "Man on a tractor" symbol has been one of the most recognizable logos of all time. Like the Playboy bunny, the McDonald's golden arches, and the cursive "Coca-Cola."

If they really want a logo that can represent Case IH, why not go back to this one. It's even got the "C" bigger than the IH for them...

ihc2.jpg

Bill

I thought this was an IH board.

This forum is like CIH, the IH side is fading fast! :(

I think the new logo totally sucks.

If you'll remember, a few years back, Deere intorduced a new logo. They went from a jumping deer that appeared to be "landing" to a new one that appeared to be "taking off." They stressed in all the ads about it that it represented the company "Leaping foward" in technology, etc. The new logo was genearlly well accepted, and mostly because of the "explanation" of it.

What will be the line CNH GLOBAL will try to feed us about the new IH logo? "We're squashing our past, and pissing away our future." Looks like that's their plan to me....

The IH "Man on a tractor" symbol has been one of the most recognizable logos of all time. Like the Playboy bunny, the McDonald's golden arches, and the cursive "Coca-Cola."

If they really want a logo that can represent Case IH, why not go back to this one. It's even got the "C" bigger than the IH for them...

ihc2.jpg

Bill

Well said Bill...

I vote they stick with the original logo in red and black. Why mess with perfection?