Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam

CNH is changing the Case IH logo again!!!!!!!!!!

I found out yesterday that there is talk of changing the IH logo again. I wish I could post it on here but I will try to describe it. The new logo has the "I" in Case IH the same height as the "H" and it looks like crap! They just changed it a few months ago making the driver "I" red, and I thought that was a nice change, but this is ridiculous.

If any of the "wheels" at Case IH really read this forum maybe we can get this stopped. The IH logo is the only symbol of the current Case IH that still holds strong heritage with many people. Taking emphasis off the true icon for the Red Brand is a tragic mistake.

Everyone please go to your dealer and voice your opinion so they can relay the message at the upcoming meeting in Italy where this topic will be open for discussion.

I found out yesterday that there is talk of changing the IH logo again. I wish I could post it on here but I will try to describe it. The new logo has the "I" in Case IH the same height as the "H" and it looks like crap! They just changed it a few months ago making the driver "I" red, and I thought that was a nice change, but this is ridiculous.

If any of the "wheels" at Case IH really read this forum maybe we can get this stopped. The IH logo is the only symbol of the current Case IH that still holds strong heritage with many people. Taking emphasis off the true icon for the Red Brand is a tragic mistake.

Everyone please go to your dealer and voice your opinion so they can relay the message at the upcoming meeting in Italy where this topic will be open for discussion.

I strongly dispute your contention that "the IH logo is the only symbol of the current Case IH that still holds strong heritage with many people". As a Case owner for almost 60 years, I feel that Case also has a strong a heritage. I do not dispute tha fact that IH has a strong heritage, just the part that IH is the only symbol with a strong heritage.

Maybe they should take note from the auto makers, have the NH, Case, and the IH brand. Some dealer all three, some only one, but they all use the same parts and the only change is the paint color.

I saw the new logos this morning. Yes, the I is the same size as the H and CASE. It looks pretty bad. Underneath the stripe says Agricutural equipment or something to that effect and looks pretty good. The IH looks dumpy in the logo. It looks like a printer mistake,smear, like you moved the paper while it was printing. I hope they put the I dot back up higher. It looks ridiculus the way it is now. Of course the CASE industrial logo looks pretty much the same as it always has. They always seem to emphasize that. It should be. It is CASE industro equipment. I don't know why they don't seem to emphasize the IH on the ag logo as it should be. As 99% of the ag stuff was IH to begin with and for the most part STILL IS. BY the way the two NH logos look pretty good. There will be no more NH 1220 planters or tillage equipment. That is what I was told this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a spinoff of a division either.

where did you see this? is it on the net somewhere?

If the Case IH bosses read this, take note. Get rid of the CASE alltogether on ag equipment and use the existing IH but don't have it italicized. make it straight up and down similar to the old IH trademark. Your equipment heritage is IH. Take a look at your two best selling products the Magnum and the 2588 combine. Remember the heritage!! Go with IH only on ag equipment and get rid of all references to the "buzzard". As for Case tractors before the merger, find me one that was decent. The 1030, 1370, 1570, 2670, 2394, 2594, 3394, and 3594 all had bad rear ends (differentials). You had to go back at least 50 years to find a decent Case tractor (VAC and 400 series). Is that something to celebrate? You guys want to sell ag equipment? Then take this advise seriously. For the Case lovers, find some junky series and sell them to the Case lovers. After all that is what they got for 25 years before the merger. Did the Case tractors hold a candle to the likes of the Farmall M, 806, entire 56 series, the first generation Magnum, and the Axial Flow combine? Not a chance. I rest my case.

I don't know if I should say. But, what I was shown was official.

If the Case IH bosses read this, take note. Get rid of the CASE alltogether on ag equipment and use the existing IH but don't have it italicized. make it straight up and down similar to the old IH trademark. Your equipment heritage is IH. Take a look at your two best selling products the Magnum and the 2588 combine. Remember the heritage!! Go with IH only on ag equipment and get rid of all references to the "buzzard". As for Case tractors before the merger, find me one that was decent. The 1030, 1370, 1570, 2670, 2394, 2594, 3394, and 3594 all had bad rear ends (differentials). You had to go back at least 50 years to find a decent Case tractor (VAC and 400 series). Is that something to celebrate? You guys want to sell ag equipment? Then take this advise seriously. For the Case lovers, find some junky series and sell them to the Case lovers. After all that is what they got for 25 years before the merger. Did the Case tractors hold a candle to the likes of the Farmall M, 806, entire 56 series, the first generation Magnum, and the Axial Flow combine? Not a chance. I rest my case.

I second that!! Are you listening to us CNH people?

I do think that they (cIH) are making a better effort to show the IH heritage and wont comment on the new IH logo till I see it, but I do agree that the AG equipment should carry the IH logo only, afterall it was IH that made case what it is today, that is why Tenneco bought them. I have been told by more than one mechanic to stay away from Case tractors for the same reason stated by George2, bad rearends, and these werent just IH mechanics, they were private shops that have worked on all makes & models.

So once again CNH/CIH folks listen to what your customers are telling you, IH logo only in the future!!!!

I heard it as well don't mess the logo up don't mess the logo up don't mess the logo UP someone who don't know trhe difference did this wake up drop the case sell the NH make a white mx for the buzzard guys stay with the proven IH logo it's worth a lot of money

What happened to the supposed picture of the stieger that didn't say Case at all, just IH?

It is supposed to be a man on a tractor for crying out loud, how many men on a tractor have their head level with the top of the wheels? Why is it that people who manage companies like this always blow it time and time again! :angry:

Mr.Raymond Loewy (1893-1986) would turn over in his grave if he knew they messed around with his logo. :(

The man who developed together with Mr.Benjamin the Farmall and logo.

Maybe logo-developers should read his book"Never leave well enough alone" for one time and learn something about design.

Gr.Arno

where did you see this? is it on the net somewhere?

I saw it on a e-mail that came to one of our salesmen from Case IH.

What really puts a burr under my saddle is the fact that at the Fla meeting Case IH spends no telling what by hauling the Red Reaper's family and his 1206 down there to show the world what the IH icon means to people and what they need to do to get it back. Now two months later they decide to, what I believe, is go the other way.

Kristin, tell'em how it is, and how it should be!!!!!!!!

What really puts a burr under my saddle is the fact that at the Fla meeting Case IH spends no telling what by hauling the Red Reaper's family and his 1206 down there to show the world what the IH icon means to people and what they need to do to get it back. Now two months later they decide to, what I believe, is go the other way.

That's progress! Everythings gotta look COOL and HIP! Or no body will buy your product, kinda like a NEW Farmall a.k.a. the hopped up garden tractor series. :rolleyes:

Im just waiting for the Red Reapers comments on this. Go ahead Kristen.

part of the problem is the upcoming meeting in italy ,we need pizza from italy not tractors - how can we expect a bunch of folks that now own cnh to understand what IH was/ is . all they see is $ ,but it seems they are too stupit to follow the $. it seems it would be easy to find out what % of sales come from IH and what % were from the CASE division of ag. im guessing that it is 5-10% that were loyal to case ,after all what did they have to sell ??? no planter ,combine ,tillage eq. ? and a half- arsed bunch of tractors at best . ?. i really dont know how they stayed in business before IH . does anyone at CNH know what the IH was supossed to be ?.it had a meaning when it was created that was beyond international harvester.

I think I read on this thread that they are thinking of spinning off a division/ or brand, will the spin off IH or CIH? Wonder what could come of that? International truck and engine?

The "man on a tractor" symbol is one of the most recognized trademarks in the world. Recently, our school had a fundraiser where, if you paid a dollar, you got to wear your hat in class for the day. (Hats are not part of the dress code at our school, the money raised was to be donated for cancer research.) Naturally, I wore my IH hat that day. At the end of my last class, one of my students said, "I knew what that symbol was, we studied it in art class!" I was shocked, turns out they were covering great designers and Raymond Lowey was mentioned.

To any decision makers at CaseIH that are reading: Please, please, please don't tamper with the IH portion of the CaseIH logo. Adding the red/black back to the logo was a HUGE step forward, from the sound of things now we are taking a HUGE step back! Please consider marketing the Ag. line under the IH name only, and construction equipment under the Case name only. Like it or not, Case does not hold the name recognition in agriculture that IH does.

Al

They must not have shared this with Kristin in Florida or he wouldn't have been so positrive upon his return. If this is one of the newsworthy things we were supposed to get excited about I hate to see what's next.

You know, it makes you wonder. What did Case really ever bring to the table, other than Tenneco's money. They sure didn't have anything other than a out-dated, warmed over tractor! All they had basicly were skid loaders & backhoes and they NEVER included the IH logo on them!

I hate to say it & probably regret it, but Deere hasn't f*cked up there logo. Unfortanatly, it's looking better all the time ecpesially if that worthless Italian Company screws around with the IH heritage!

The new logo on the Steiger tractors are EXCELLENT! Now they want to "tweek it". F*ck them!!!!

This really p*sses me off!

IH RD :angry::angry:

if you look at the cuttent caseih product line you don't see any case in it, it's all IH. i say remove the word case from the logo all together. just make it IH!

That's progress! Everythings gotta look COOL and HIP! Or no body will buy your product, kinda like a NEW Farmall a.k.a. the hopped up garden tractor series. :rolleyes:

Can`t figure out alot of posters on this board , red fans ,complain about all things green , complain about new Farmalls , Why not be glad CIH is marketing a product every bit as good and better than a green one .This zero turn thread , can`t see where a zero turn with same sized deck could mow an average yard much faster than a new Farmall and I`ve yet to see a zero turn with a tiller , snowblower or loader.

I know one landscape contractor here using new Farmalls . Service manager asked me how hydraulics and steering were , FINE ! He said well this guy was complaining so they checked it and couldn`t find anything wrong. They went to mowing site , guy was mowing in high side hydro pedal mashed , comes to corner , mashes pedal full reverse to make turn and wonders why not much hyd left to steer with. Smooth lawn use a little speed in high side but full pedal is about 13 mph.

I mow a cemetary , new expansion piece has about 11/2 acres with no graves ,markers or anything takes 30 min . , about same at ball field at community hall voluntarily mow once in a while.

Last year as I came by on the way home , 4 neighbors were mowing the ball field and rain was approaching. I went 1 mile home , jumped on tractor , went down and helped them. I cut a different section off and mowed equal to 2 deeres a kubota and Husqavarna with 42-48 inch decks with my one 60 inch rear discharge. We all ran as hard as we could with rain comming , they were all impressed.

Alright, mother CNH, if your reading this, ya took a good step in making the I in IH red again. Now, don't go backwards & screw up the original design that so many have recognized over the years. Its bad enough that ya made it slant at an angle in the late 90's. The emblems look great on the new Magnum 215 we have in the shop, so don't go & pi$$ it all up. If your gonna mess w/ anything on the nameplates, mess w/ the Case portion, not the IH portion.

I wonder what that Steiger was all about with just the IH? I was all excited about that too! :(:(

This is the first I've heard of it! The logo at Florida was the original IH. I stressed to all of them that making the I red, and h black made a huge difference. I hope this is just a design proto that he saw, and not something that is really going on the equipment! I dont want anyone changing the IH emblem unless its to remove CASE. The only thing Case did to the merger was stick their HUGE name all over a IH product and their ugly case grill design on the tractors. They should of stuck with the square grills and design that IH was famous for. I think a bunch of IH people really resent the Case name on ag equipment.